PeterMertin

Windows 10 Anniversary Update does not recognize KIS 2017

Hi

I just updated to Windows 10 anniversary update. I use KIS 2017 (17.0.0.611). Windows asked to reenter my license.

However KIS 2017 is not recognized in Security and Maintenance Center!

Why is this happening and why was Kaspersky not ready for the release of the anniversary update?

post-87878-1470178752_thumb.jpg

post-87878-1470178765_thumb.jpg

Also and in addition to bobbycooper , please take care to disactivate Windows Defender.

Hello, try to uninstall /reinstall kis.

Regards

Reinstalling worked. Windows Defender was deactivated automatically. However this inconvienient behaviour by KIS should not happen. It's not that I changed something it was an OS update done automatically.

And the OS update changes interoperability with KIS and how it hooks to kernel API's to keep you protected! :)

This is (kinda) similar, so I didn't make a new thread.

W10 with Anniversary update gives me warnings, that Kaspersky (17.0.0.611(a)) and Windows defender are not turned on. Even though Kaspersky says everything is on and fine.

Any insight on this?

Can be related to RS Win10 update. But for as long as KIS says its running with green dashboard I would not worry about Windows Notification Center.

Can be related to RS Win10 update. But for as long as KIS says its running with green dashboard I would not worry about Windows Notification Center.

Yes, that is the conclusion, that I also came to. Annoying, as it pops up every boot, but it will most probably be fixed sometime in the future...

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.