Sign in to follow this  
nwpsys

Preventing the install of Kaspersky Secure Connection (already have HSS)

I don't want this program installed. Where in the installer do I prevent it ?

Thanks,

Nigel

You can't prevent it from being installed but you can uninstall it afterwards from the Control panel, it's a separate uninstall entry from KAV.

You can't prevent it from being installed but you can uninstall it afterwards from the Control panel, it's a separate uninstall entry from KAV.

Yes, which is what I did, but why should a piece of software I don't want be forced on me in the first place without even the option of a check box to stop it ?

Unpleasant practice from Kaspersky, which I hope they will change with a future version.

Nigel

Yes, which is what I did, but why should a piece of software I don't want be forced on me in the first place without even the option of a check box to stop it ?

Unpleasant practice from Kaspersky, which I hope they will change with a future version.

Nigel

I agree

Hi

Just to be clear...

I understand the Secure connection is for wi-fi - Cute and nice feature if I was on a computer that used wi-fi

But I am on a PC with cable (fastest) so I don't need this at all?

If Yes - I agree kaspersky should detect my connection and leave me to decide what I want

If No - If I was using a device that was a WiFi thing... I would really like a secure conection... So 50-50 on this topic!

But confirm... I don't need this when I am on a WIRED connection

Could you please look into this as I already have an active Hotspot sheild account and subscription, and "KSC" is exactly the same product (close enough) and is not needed.

Even if it just detected a current VPN install and skipped it's own installation, as having multiple VPN sollutions is only asking for issues to occur.

That being said it is never a good idea to install "pay for" extras with "paid for" software without the option to "refuse the offer" during install, as installing unnessessary software and drivers always leaves junk behind even after an uninstall, (as well as a bad taste from the customers perspective)

Nigel

Totally agree, it is poor practice from kaspersky, considering this comes under the "unwanted programs" installed by other software.

Would not lt me edit post above....

EDIT: :dash1: :angry:

And after uninstalling KSC it now comes up with recommendations to install KSC as I am not fully secure...... Even though I am using a full elite subscription Hotspot Sheild VPN..............

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.