nhughes

Kaspersky protection disables on long uptime machines [In progress]

It should run as long as the computer stays online. Are your computers set to go to sleep mode if they're inactive?

Good. No, they should not be going to sleep from inactivity.

Please take a look at the article - http://support.kaspersky.com/9312

Thank you!

I looked over the article. post-599530-1468433043_thumb.png

It appears we allow KSC to choose the update agents. Since it is setup this way, should I be able to trust KSC will do the proper job? also, the add button is grayed out.

Thank you. I am also very thankful for everyone who helped me with this issue. I really appreciate the assistance.

Back to the update agents? how can I have clients ask the KSC for updates instead of another machine, as seen in this thread?

Deselect "Automatically assign computers the Update Agent status" from the properties of the Administration Server > Settings, then remove the existing update agents. See attached.

post-113744-1468433342_thumb.jpg

Deselect "Automatically assign computers the Update Agent status" from the properties of the Administration Server > Settings, then remove the existing update agents. See attached.

My box was checked so I unchecked it and went back to managed computers properties and saw no computers in the update agent context; however, I can now add computers.

Is manually assigning a device more effective and consistent? which is the best-practice?

I am noticing that the KLMOVER will resolve the issue momentarily before it returns with similar messages in KSC.

KSC will say the machines protection is off and kaspersky anti-virus is not running.

EDIT: I have noticed some of the machines that are not working properly have task mangers that look like this. is this normal?

post-599530-1468438089_thumb.png

Edited by nhughes

Hi,

Can you please provide us GSI report from this machine?

BR

post-599530-1468506134_thumb.png

Doesn't seem to be going so well. this is the second machine to get stuck at this spot.

All of the machines in the affected group are not pulling the GSI reports. It gets hung at 'collecting the "AVP.com" settings...'

All of the machines in the affected group are not pulling the GSI reports. It gets hung at 'collecting the "AVP.com" settings...'

Hello.

Are you using Windows XP on those hosts?

Please use GSI 5 from this article in order to collect the report in Windows XP.

Thank you.

Hello.

Are you using Windows XP on those hosts?

Please use GSI 5 from this article in order to collect the report in Windows XP.

Thank you.

some of the machines are XP, although, I am scanning on Win 7.

some of the machines are XP, although, I am scanning on Win 7.

Please provide a GSI 5 report from one of those still.

Also, check for KES dump files (typical in case KES operation ends abruptly). These might shed light on the reason why KES stops working.

Thank you.

Please provide a GSI 5 report from one of those still.

Also, check for KES dump files (typical in case KES operation ends abruptly). These might shed light on the reason why KES stops working.

Thank you.

The GSI hangs on each machine I try with this issue. I have found out that the protection is working as intended... but the machine and KSC are not properly communicating. These machines have over 100 synchronization request but are successful less than 5 times. How can I make this number 100%?

Hi,

FTP credentials were provided via PM.

Thank you!

I am in the process of uploading dump files from two separate machine experiencing the same issue.

Thank you!

I am in the process of uploading dump files from two separate machine experiencing the same issue.

Thank you!

Hi,

Thank you for information, we will be wait.

Hi,

Thank you for information, we will be wait.

The upload has finished.

The GSI hangs on each machine I try with this issue. I have found out that the protection is working as intended... but the machine and KSC are not properly communicating. These machines have over 100 synchronization request but are successful less than 5 times. How can I make this number 100%?

Have you also tried GSI 5 (not GSI 6), as suggested ealier? It collects less data, but is less driver-dependent, which makes it more reliable on a faulty system. If that hangs too, please provide a screenshot of it (to make sure at which point that happens).

Thank you.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.