Sign in to follow this  
Mike-Sbg

Problems with "ShellExceute" out auf JAVA [In progress]

When a JAVA-Tasks tries to run a File with the help of the shellexcute command, the Application-Startup-Controlls analysis it.

We configured the startup-control in the way so it scans everythin in the user-temp-folder (= %temp%) If the runned file is an exe everythin with the excelution handling works fine, but if you start a non executable file (Data-File) eg. .html the startup-controll blocks it without the chance of a exclution.

This only happens when you start the file from java, if you just doubleklick it, everyhting works a suppost.

Can you please help me!

When a JAVA-Tasks tries to run a File with the help of the shellexcute command, the Application-Startup-Controlls analysis it.

We configured the startup-control in the way so it scans everythin in the user-temp-folder (= %temp%) If the runned file is an exe everythin with the excelution handling works fine, but if you start a non executable file (Data-File) eg. .html the startup-controll blocks it without the chance of a exclution.

This only happens when you start the file from java, if you just doubleklick it, everyhting works a suppost.

Can you please help me!

Hello.

Please provide KES traces while reproducing the issue, policy export (of a .cfg export is using a standalone KES) and screenshots of the error (if possible).

Thank you.

Hello.

Please provide KES traces while reproducing the issue, policy export (of a .cfg export is using a standalone KES) and screenshots of the error (if possible).

Thank you.

OK I'll send you the requested logs ... as this problem also happens in the current stable releases, I've allready posted all necessary informations to your helpdesk in Germany

Kaspersky Lab Support - ID INC000006159117

OK I'll send you the requested logs ... as this problem also happens in the current stable releases, I've allready posted all necessary informations to your helpdesk in Germany

Kaspersky Lab Support - ID INC000006159117

Hello,

please create the topic in an appropriate branch.

Thank you.

Hello,

please create the topic in an appropriate branch.

Thank you.

I was recommended from Kaspersky Germany to post this issue in this Beta-Testing-Forum, because it is abviously a bug in the "Startup-Control" which could only be fixed in a MR not in our version.

Now I created your requested logs, where can I upload them?

Hi,

Can you please also provide us GSI 6.0 report, KES policy and screenshot of the error?

BR

Can you please help me!

Hello,

please describe the scenario step-by-step illustrating steps by screen shots.

Thank you.

Hello,

please describe the scenario step-by-step illustrating steps by screen shots.

Thank you.

The issue happens, when we use a java-applet from logics (www.logics.de), which allows our users to connect to our mainframe.

When you request a document to print, the java applets downloads a file (xyz.lwf) xyz is a random name an then tries to execute this file.

Then the startup-control denies it ... if you just double-click the file, everything works fine.

The .lwf File is just a text document which defines the printoutput ... nothing spezial.

By the way, the same thing happens when you close the java-applet, a logjava.html is downloaded and executed, with the same error from the startup-control

As already mentioned these files are only textfile, containing no meta-data or something unusual.

I hope this helps you for the research.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.