Stevedo

Keyboard doesn't type wake password

Using KTS 16.0.1.445c on Windows 7 64-bit.

About one in 10 times, when I wake up my computer and try to type in my windows password, the keyboard will not type. As a workaround, I click on the windows ease of access icon, turn on the onscreen keyboard, type my password and get back into windows. Once in windows, I can type normally again.

I don't know what is causing this, but suspect KTS could be involved. Anyone else had this? It has only started since I upgraded from Pure.

Using KTS 16.0.1.445c on Windows 7 64-bit.

About one in 10 times, when I wake up my computer and try to type in my windows password, the keyboard will not type. As a workaround, I click on the windows ease of access icon, turn on the onscreen keyboard, type my password and get back into windows. Once in windows, I can type normally again.

I don't know what is causing this, but suspect KTS could be involved. Anyone else had this? It has only started since I upgraded from Pure.

Hello,

try to disable "Secure keyboard input" option, reboot and check the issue.

If the issue persists perform a regular diagnostics (exit from the product, pause protection, try to find out one faulty component).

In addition, please create a request to Tech support (my.kaspersky.com) and mention this topic.

Thanks.

Hello,

try to disable "Secure keyboard input" option, reboot and check the issue.

If the issue persists perform a regular diagnostics (exit from the product, pause protection, try to find out one faulty component).

In addition, please create a request to Tech support (my.kaspersky.com) and mention this topic.

Thanks.

Thanks...this sounds like a good idea to try. Will do this and report back. It also seems to be affected when multiple users are logged in.

Thanks...this sounds like a good idea to try. Will do this and report back. It also seems to be affected when multiple users are logged in.

On a different PC, I had the same issue. I even tried to turn off KTS...when it asked for my password, the password would not type. I turned off the Secure keyboard Input option. I tried to turn off KTS and again password would not type. I turned Secure keyboard Input back on, and tried to exit KTS and the password immediately started to type. So that feature is the problem. I am going to keep it off for awhile and see if that will work, but ideally, Kaspersky should fix this bug so I can use the feature.

Edited by Stevie D

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.