Sign in to follow this  
armanrahi

Windows Live Mail Virus Detecting Issue [in progress]

Dear Support,

We have come across with the issue that one of our client is using windows live mail and they have concern that any virus which are coming across via live mail is not being detected by Kaspersky.

I have tested the same on MS outlook it is being detected but its not doing anything for those users who are using windows live mail.

Please suggest any workaround or plugin for kaspersky which check emails communicating via mention email client.

I have attached the mail virus which is being detected by other AV solutions.

post-526288-1463566357_thumb.jpg

Dear Support,

We have come across with the issue that one of our client is using windows live mail and they have concern that any virus which are coming across via live mail is not being detected by Kaspersky.

I have tested the same on MS outlook it is being detected but its not doing anything for those users who are using windows live mail.

Please suggest any workaround or plugin for kaspersky which check emails communicating via mention email client.

I have attached the mail virus which is being detected by other AV solutions.

Hello.

Please specify which Kaspersky product and version you are talking about, and which components are enabled in it.

Thank you.

Hi I have similar issue/concerns.

I have recently build new PCs for a client with Windows Live Mail 2012 email client and Kaperskey Internet security. This detected Virus on one of there email accounts. All good!

On My office PC Win 7 Home Premium. I have Kapersky Total security Ver: 16.0.0.614(g) with all email/spam modules enabled. Again with Windows Live mail 2012. I'm not sure this is detecting viruis!

I had to setup a new laptop for myself with Win 10 Build 1511, using the Win 10 mail app. with the my same Kaprersky Total security Licence. I note it's version 16.01.445© This detected and resolved a couple of ransom ware Trojans!

This made be check what the main PC was up-to! I don't belive it's working! How do I check?

I'll update version and report back

Steve

OK So have updated main desktop to latest version of Kapersky Total Security. I emailed myself the eicar.zip test file, Which was detected and the contents of the zip file deleted! Will monitor for any other emails coming in that I suspect!

Took me a while to find one of my 'other' email account that would let me send a message with the eicar.zip attachment.

OK So have updated main desktop to latest version of Kapersky Total Security. I emailed myself the eicar.zip test file, Which was detected and the contents of the zip file deleted! Will monitor for any other emails coming in that I suspect!

Took me a while to find one of my 'other' email account that would let me send a message with the eicar.zip attachment.

We moved the topic the appropriate branch.

Thank you.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.