I feel this MR1 a bit heavier (opening and browsing websites, etc) than previous stable build and it's not my imagination, had MR1 installed when it was first released months ago and now again with patch c applied since days ago.

I hope things can get better soon :)

I feel this MR1 a bit heavier (opening and browsing websites, etc) than previous stable build and it's not my imagination, had MR1 installed when it was first released months ago and now again with patch c applied since days ago.

Do you have TAM enabled?

You open Kaspersky -> Settings -> Additional -> Network settings -> Encrypted Connections Scanning and choose "Do not scan encrypted connections".

You open Kaspersky -> Settings -> Additional -> Network settings -> Encrypted Connections Scanning and choose "Do not scan encrypted connections".

I've already tried that time since the first MR1 build offered months ago, at that time I had to disable that option because I couldn't open many secured websites then. This time is different, I'm talking about an increase of load on the system with MR1 compared to previous 16.0.0.614, no matter the setting I choose.

Actually it is not something unbearable if you ask me but like a small annoyance in my view :)

I've already tried that time since the first MR1 build offered months ago, at that time I had to disable that option because I couldn't open many secured websites then. This time is different, I'm talking about an increase of load on the system with MR1 compared to previous 16.0.0.614, no matter the setting I choose.

Actually it is not something unbearable if you ask me but like a small annoyance in my view :)

1) What operating system are you running?

2) Try launching Windows Resource Monitor. See what process is using CPU. Check the Memory tab and see if you are taking Page Faults. Check disk usage.

1) What operating system are you running?

2) Try launching Windows Resource Monitor. See what process is using CPU. Check the Memory tab and see if you are taking Page Faults. Check disk usage.

1) Win 10 Pro, Intel dual core laptop @1.46GHz with 2GB of ram (max. allowed by mb)

2) Thanks for the useful tip. KAV is my only security app. I don't see anything wrong except Chrome (which I run several tabs at once) which is taking up the most of ram and cpu, no page faults. Also, my disk is of the snail speed, you know. If you ask me, I put the blame on the ten year old hardware that I have rather than any installed software. Nonetheless, there must be the changes under the hood in MR1 (compared to previous build) that made my system to notice the difference.

1) Win 10 Pro, Intel dual core laptop @1.46GHz with 2GB of ram (max. allowed by mb)

2) Thanks for the useful tip. KAV is my only security app. I don't see anything wrong except Chrome (which I run several tabs at once) which is taking up the most of ram and cpu, no page faults. Also, my disk is of the snail speed, you know. If you ask me, I put the blame on the ten year old hardware that I have rather than any installed software. Nonetheless, there must be the changes under the hood in MR1 (compared to previous build) that made my system to notice the difference.

With that hardware, things will be slow. That is slightly less powerful than the desktop I built for my wife in 2007. She is running Windows VISTA 32-bit and her machine also runs slow (I'll be building her a new machine; I'm just waiting to see what Kaby Lake will bring and perhaps Optaine)

I believe Kaspersky loads the Virus Definition Tables into virtual memory and pages them in as needed. With a "mere" 2 GB of memory you are probably taking many hard page faults (the operating system must page required pages in from disk).

Some things you can do that may improve the system is

1) Go into System Properties > Advanced >Performance Options > Advanced and change Virtual Memory to a fixed 4096 MB that will keep the Page Data Set from expanding and contracting and eating up CPU cycles.

2) Review what processes are running and stop any that are not needed to free memory.

Other than that, a new computer is your best option. There should be some good sales coming up around the Holidays. Turn you present computer into a Linux box for Web Surfing and the like.

Also,

With that hardware, things will be slow.

Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2016 System Requirements:

Microsoft Windows 10 RTM (32/64-bit)

Intel Pentium processor at 1 GHz and faster (or compatible equivalent)

1 GB (for 32-bit systems) or 2 GB (for 64-bit systems) of available RAM

Laptop have 1.46GHz processor and 2GB RAM: hardware not slowly than required by Kaspersky Antivirus 2016.

With that hardware, things will be slow. That is slightly less powerful than the desktop I built for my wife in 2007. She is running Windows VISTA 32-bit and her machine also runs slow (I'll be building her a new machine; I'm just waiting to see what Kaby Lake will bring and perhaps Optaine)

I believe Kaspersky loads the Virus Definition Tables into virtual memory and pages them in as needed. With a "mere" 2 GB of memory you are probably taking many hard page faults (the operating system must page required pages in from disk).

Some things you can do that may improve the system is

1) Go into System Properties > Advanced >Performance Options > Advanced and change Virtual Memory to a fixed 4096 MB that will keep the Page Data Set from expanding and contracting and eating up CPU cycles.

2) Review what processes are running and stop any that are not needed to free memory.

Other than that, a new computer is your best option. There should be some good sales coming up around the Holidays. Turn you present computer into a Linux box for Web Surfing and the like.

Thank you. I'll see how things goes with that performance tweak. I'll keep monitoring the disk as well.

Yes I'm planning a new computer but I don't think I'll switch this lappie to Linux for now, I'm happy with it despite of this minor annoyance.

As the forum member 'anhbatunam' noted above, my old 32-bit laptop still meets and exceeds the sys. reqs. required for KAV, the smooth version 16.0.0.614 is a sort of proof of that. Instead, I'll keep trying to troubleshoot this minor issue and hopefully find the cause. Maybe my system just need extra days to settle things down by itself.

Thank you very much for your help & advice :)

Thank you. I'll see how things goes with that performance tweak. I'll keep monitoring the disk as well.

Yes I'm planning a new computer but I don't think I'll switch this lappie to Linux for now, I'm happy with it despite of this minor annoyance.

As the forum member 'anhbatunam' noted above, my old 32-bit laptop still meets and exceeds the sys. reqs. required for KAV, the smooth version 16.0.0.614 is a sort of proof of that. Instead, I'll keep trying to troubleshoot this minor issue and hopefully find the cause. Maybe my system just need extra days to settle things down by itself.

Thank you very much for your help & advice :)

I was not suggesting you turn your present computer into a Linux machine now; I meant after your build your new computer.

As you and 'anhbatunam' noted you exceed the Kaspersky minimum requirements, and KAV does run on your machine. I am not surprised that MR1 runs slightly slower; there were new features (which means more code and memory requirements) added. You can read about them here:

http://support.kaspersky.com/12118#block0

Best of luck.

I was not suggesting you turn your present computer into a Linux machine now; I meant after your build your new computer.

As you and 'anhbatunam' noted you exceed the Kaspersky minimum requirements, and KAV does run on your machine. I am not surprised that MR1 runs slightly slower; there were new features (which means more code and memory requirements) added. You can read about them here:

http://support.kaspersky.com/12118#block0

Best of luck.

I actually meant that I'm not much interested in Linux stuff, so eventually when I get a new pc I'd still like to keep Win10 on the laptop.

Yes, I'm aware of those min. reqs for Kaspersky. I forgot to mention that my laptop processor is 64-bit capable. I wonder if by installing this version of Win10 would help any in my case, I've read that 64-bit systems manage memory more efficiently that 32-bit versions. But I guess that's with 4gb of ram and above, so I doubt if I'll see any improvement with only 2gb of ram.

Thanks for your input!

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.