ronko

Out of office policy [In progress]

Hi,

I have 2 policy -

Active - Device control set to block WiFi.

Out of office - Device control set to allow WiFi.

Problem - when laptop is connected with VPN , laptop communicate with KSC so policy automatically set to "Active" and blocking WiFi.

I Want to allow VPN to use WiFi. - what are my options to do so? ( I want VPN laptops to communicate with KSC once connected)

Thanks

Hi,

I have 2 policy -

Active - Device control set to block WiFi.

Out of office - Device control set to allow WiFi.

Problem - when laptop is connected with VPN , laptop communicate with KSC so policy automatically set to "Active" and blocking WiFi.

I Want to allow VPN to use WiFi. - what are my options to do so? ( I want VPN laptops to communicate with KSC once connected)

Thanks

Hi,

You can use policy profiles without out-of-office policy configured as, if you outside office and have another ip different from an internal network subnets you use policy profile.

Thank you!

OK.

Can you please expand on this? What is the procedure?

If my company has the range of 10.10.10.0/24 and also mostly other network in the world (like home/public wifi/ etc) ?

Thanks

OK.

Can you please expand on this? What is the procedure?

If my company has the range of 10.10.10.0/24 and also mostly other network in the world (like home/public wifi/ etc) ?

Thanks

I suppose that your local network has a range of addresses and VPN clients obtain addresses from the special pool.

Thank you.

yes, the poll of VPN is 192.168.0.0/24 - So How can I choose this pool to get 3rd policy (not in office and not out of office)

yes, the poll of VPN is 192.168.0.0/24 - So How can I choose this pool to get 3rd policy (not in office and not out of office)

Hello.

You can use a policy profile (provided you are using KES SP1 or newer).

In the policy, you can find a "Policy profiles" section where you can set up the profile itself and how it is going to get activated.

Please note that you will be prompted to select from Administration server connection rules, which can be set up in a Network Agent policy. Create a connection rule with a "Subnet" condition (where you specify the VPN poll), activate it, then in Activation rules of a KES policy profile select that rule.

Thank you.

Another options is to use the BIOS of the laptop to handle this. Most laptops now days have an option in BIOS to disable Wifi when a network cable is plugged in. This is how we have our laptops setup.

Hello.

You can use a policy profile (provided you are using KES SP1 or newer).

In the policy, you can find a "Policy profiles" section where you can set up the profile itself and how it is going to get activated.

Please note that you will be prompted to select from Administration server connection rules, which can be set up in a Network Agent policy. Create a connection rule with a "Subnet" condition (where you specify the VPN poll), activate it, then in Activation rules of a KES policy profile select that rule.

Thank you.

Hi Kiril,

Thank you for the comment, this is very interesting, because policy profile rule can be activated on any condition set for example : "Is external network" set to YES or NO, but how KES10 know that this is an external network?

Its an external network if the laptop is not communicating with KSC. However most customers want VPN connection to communicate with KSC so in that case Policy profile will not be activated since its an internal network - and then the laptop get blocked by WiFi.

Activation Rule is not working also since we have only 1 server.

Should we be using "switch to out of office policy " in that case?

Edited by ronko

Hi,

but how KES10 know that this is an external network?

It`s checking host`s network settings and could figure is it domestic network or not.

Should we be using "switch to out of office policy " in that case?

In that case some pre-set parameter will be activated and used to protect the host.

However, the host will remain disconnected.

Thank you!