y3sgroup

Unable to browse using Opera on Windows 10 [Solved]

Hi,

One of our developers has a new Windows 10 PC with our standard Endpoint Security (10.2.4.674), administered by the Security Server (10.2.434). There is no web filtering set up in their "Managed computers" group and both the firewall and web antivirus are not set to be very prohibitive.

Yet, when he uses Opera, any site he wants to browse gets blocked with an error message "Your Internet access is blocked. Firewall or antivirus software may have blocked the connection..." (Please see the attached screenshot).

When I search through the application rules, Opera executables are all in "Trusted group"

Strange thing is that other people on his team are on Windows 7 and can use Opera without issues.

Any thoughts?

post-501600-1460109191_thumb.jpg

Hi,

One of our developers has a new Windows 10 PC with our standard Endpoint Security (10.2.4.674), administered by the Security Server (10.2.434). There is no web filtering set up in their "Managed computers" group and both the firewall and web antivirus are not set to be very prohibitive.

Yet, when he uses Opera, any site he wants to browse gets blocked with an error message "Your Internet access is blocked. Firewall or antivirus software may have blocked the connection..." (Please see the attached screenshot).

When I search through the application rules, Opera executables are all in "Trusted group"

Strange thing is that other people on his team are on Windows 7 and can use Opera without issues.

Any thoughts?

Hello.

Does this issue get resolved when KES is disabled on the host? If so, are there any events in "Reports" regarding Opera (e.g. in Web Control)?

Thank you.

Hello.

Does this issue get resolved when KES is disabled on the host? If so, are there any events in "Reports" regarding Opera (e.g. in Web Control)?

Thank you.

Hi Kirill,

Yes, Opera works fine when KES is disabled. Which report should I look into? Nothing shows on the Web control for today, although we were testing Opera this morning.

Edited by y3sgroup

Hi,

Could you please clarify if web-control, web-antivirus and port monitoring are disabled is the issue reproduces?

Thank you!

Hi,

Could you please clarify if web-control, web-antivirus and port monitoring are disabled is the issue reproduces?

Thank you!

I was testing it by exiting the KES app on the target PC. Should I disable the features above using the policy instead?

I was testing it by exiting the KES app on the target PC. Should I disable the features above using the policy instead?

Hello.

You can disable the policy locally if such a feature is enabled, or temporarily move the host to a different group where the policy does not apply, and manage the settings locally to test the reproduction.

Thank you.

Hello.

You can disable the policy locally if such a feature is enabled, or temporarily move the host to a different group where the policy does not apply, and manage the settings locally to test the reproduction.

Thank you.

Hi, I have removed the affected PC from a managed group. And disabled both the Web control and Web antivirus directly on the app. Unfortunately only killing the app (right click "K" icon > Exit) enables the connectivity in Opera, while Firefox and IE work without any issues.

Hi,

Could you please try to disable all the components and check whether problem reproduce?

BR

Hi,

Could you please try to disable all the components and check whether problem reproduce?

BR

Removing both the agent and KES and re-installing it after reboot had solved the problem.

Hi,

Thank you for that info!

Do you think we can mark that topic as sloved?

Sure, thanks!

Can someone tell me what the fix is here in plain english without hipster doofus acronyms? and how come this fix hasnt been integrated into the software by now?......... Running into the same problem Opera worked fine until I installed Kaspersky now google will open in a tab but nothing else will very odd.... this is why I hate anti-virus it starts limiting the use of everything behind the scenes and of course no one could tell you why that might comprimise security......pppppppp pt(like fart sound)

Can someone tell me what the fix is here in plain english without hipster doofus acronyms? and how come this fix hasnt been integrated into the software by now?......... Running into the same problem Opera worked fine until I installed Kaspersky now google will open in a tab but nothing else will very odd.... this is why I hate anti-virus it starts limiting the use of everything behind the scenes and of course no one could tell you why that might comprimise security......pppppppp pt(like fart sound)

Hello,

user reinstalled antivirus and the problem was solved.

Would you mind to reinstall antivirus ?

Thank you.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.