celsurf

what steps does Kaspersky take before rating something as 'trusted' in its KSN

Hackers as well as Nation State hacking are always trying to come up with ways to get into systems.

Throughout the years, security experts, antivirus companys, etc have been coming up with ways to protect systems.

(ie. The introduction of digital security certificates was suppose to go along way to prove who you are, etc)

Nowadays, adversaries are stripping or stealing legitimate signed security certificates and using them in their attack !

We all know that zero day attacks exist and there are vulnerabilities out there that still haven't been discovered. That being said, systems have to turn to

a source (KSN) to inform them what to 'trust' and what not to trust.

My question - Taking zero day vulnerabilities into consideration, what steps does Kaspersky take before rating something as 'trusted' in its KSN ? and what does Kaspersky do to revisit its KSN data to ensure 'trusted' ratings are still indeed 'trusted' at a future point in time ?

Hackers as well as Nation State hacking are always trying to come up with ways to get into systems.

Throughout the years, security experts, antivirus companys, etc have been coming up with ways to protect systems.

(ie. The introduction of digital security certificates was suppose to go along way to prove who you are, etc)

Nowadays, adversaries are stripping or stealing legitimate signed security certificates and using them in their attack !

We all know that zero day attacks exist and there are vulnerabilities out there that still haven't been discovered. That being said, systems have to turn to

a source (KSN) to inform them what to 'trust' and what not to trust.

My question - Taking zero day vulnerabilities into consideration, what steps does Kaspersky take before rating something as 'trusted' in its KSN ? and what does Kaspersky do to revisit its KSN data to ensure 'trusted' ratings are still indeed 'trusted' at a future point in time ?

KSN- it is protect reputation of programs and protect for people , programs for malicious good or not . Kaspersky with KSN is good protect for important people .

Edited by Alexander14

KSN- it is protect reputation of programs and protect for people , programs for malicious good or not . Kaspersky with KSN is good protect for important people .

I know its a good product.

I was wondering this - Taking zero day vulnerabilities into consideration, what steps does Kaspersky take before rating something as 'trusted' in its KSN ? and what does Kaspersky do to revisit its KSN data to ensure 'trusted' ratings are still indeed 'trusted' at a future point in time ?

I know its a good product.

I was wondering this - Taking zero day vulnerabilities into consideration, what steps does Kaspersky take before rating something as 'trusted' in its KSN ? and what does Kaspersky do to revisit its KSN data to ensure 'trusted' ratings are still indeed 'trusted' at a future point in time ?

Anyone from Kaspersky want to comment on this ?