Sign in to follow this  
janinens

KAV for Lotus Notes / Domino on Linux

Hi All! We had just installed Kaspersky Antivirus for Lotus Notes / Domino (Business Optimal) on RHEL 3 (kernel 2.4.21-32) server. Domino server version is 5.0.11. KAV version is 5.0.0.2 (If the version shown in Control centre is the product version).

After installation procedure the only thing that works fine is updates.. :) Looks like something is missing... incomplete. After server restart, no mail is processed at all. If somebody sends something, message just dissapear. In server log we see following lines:

KAVScanner: Initialization

KAVScanner: Localization is set

KAVScanner: Load settings

KAVScanner: Reading notes.ini

KAVScanner: Settings storage reading

KAVScanner: Queue create.

KAVScanner: Queue (MQ$KAVSCANNER) created.

KAVScanner: For help - tell KAVScanner help.

KAVScanner: KavOptionsname folder Kav/kav_control.

KAVScanner: KavDatabases folder Kav/.

KAVScanner: Kernel initialization.

KAVScanner: Cannot initialize kernel (2).

KAVScanner: Kernel initialization error. Exit.

KAVMonitor: Initialization

KAVMonitor: Localization is set

KAVMonitor: Load settings

KAVMonitor: Reading notes.ini

KAVMonitor: Settings storage reading

KAVMonitor: Queue create.

KAVMonitor: Queue (MQ$KAVMONITOR) created.

KAVMonitor: For help - tell KAVMonitor help.

KAVMonitor: KavOptionsname folder Kav/kav_control.

KAVMonitor: KavDatabases folder Kav/.

KAVMonitor: Kernel initialization.

KAVMonitor: Cannot initialize kernel (2).

KAVMonitor: Kernel initialization error. Exit.

And maybe somebody can tell me what are the changes in notes.ini file after KAV installation?

Note: I am not a Linux guru. And our Linux guru knows nothing about KAV :)))

Hello,

You need to change in your notes.ini:

From EXTMGR_ADDINS=libnkavhook to EXTMGR_ADDINS=libnkavhook.so (jast add extension .so). Then From KavEngineData=libkavdengine to KavEngineData=libkavdengine.so (add extension .so).

Is it help to you?

Hi again! Sorry, but after those extensions added in notes.ini (to be sure - I had a look in ../local/notesdata folder - those *.so files are present) there were no changes. The same errors are logged and any sent message is lost. :(

Additional info (maybe it helps):

My excuses - KAV version is Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Lotus Domino v 5.0.0.3

When i open https://<dominoservername>/kav50en.nsf the field "Kernel detected" is empty and the field "Anti-virus databases" says Базы не установлены.

But when I manually start update task, it just finishes fine! Updates are downloaded, checked and installed (at least they appear in "bases" folder).

And.. In Domino Server Administrator console->People and Groups->Mail-in databases there is a database kav_captured.nsf which have no name (Name filed is empty) - is this OK? (I thought this is the database "KavCheckBox")..

Hello,

Please send your notes.ini file to Valery.Shvetsov@kaspersky.com.

1. Specify full size of kav50en.nsf.

2. Do you register the library libcpplin.so.23? To do this, log in with the root user rights, copy the libcpplin.so.23 library from the Domino folder to the /usr/lib folder, and type ldconfig in the command line.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.