jagree

Kaspersky Security 10 for Windows Server- Unable to enable application control [In progress]

Hi There,

I've uninstalled the beta version , and now have Kaspersky Security 10 for Windows server installed.

It has accepted the license , however I am unable to start the application control element either from the local console or from the security center console.

The error given under the task logs is

End user License Agreement has been violated. Reason:Task run blocked by license.

This is despite application control being listed under the licensed features for the key file.

Any ideas?

Hi,

What key did you use?

What KSC and KES versions do you use?

Can you show us a screenshot of key restrictions?

BR

hello, i have also license for Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business Select and i have also this problem:

I cannot activate anti-crypto on the machine that Kaspersky security is installed and the error reason is:

End User License Agreement has been violated. Reason: Task run blocked by license.

Hi,

Do you think we can mark that topic as solved?

Please evaluate support help by using "Rating" option!

Thank you!

I am also having issues with the error "End User License Agreement has been violated. Reason: Task run blocked by license."

I'm trying to run the ICAP and RPC protection tasks and they're failing with the license agreement error.

I have installed the critical_fix_lic_(kb12662)_x64.zip on the host and all other tasks are running except these two.

I am currently using a Select license so I'm pretty sure the license should allow me to run these tasks.

I am also having issues with the error "End User License Agreement has been violated. Reason: Task run blocked by license."

I'm trying to run the ICAP and RPC protection tasks and they're failing with the license agreement error.

I have installed the critical_fix_lic_(kb12662)_x64.zip on the host and all other tasks are running except these two.

I am currently using a Select license so I'm pretty sure the license should allow me to run these tasks.

Please specify what are the displayed tasks type. If possible, provide a screenshot of the console.

Thank you.

Please specify what are the displayed tasks type. If possible, provide a screenshot of the console.

Thank you.

Not sure what you wanted so I attached a few different screen shots.

post-475638-1460648249_thumb.jpg

post-475638-1460648255_thumb.jpg

post-475638-1460648259_thumb.jpg

post-475638-1460648264_thumb.jpg

I'm also seeing a whole bunch of KSN errors in Kaspersky Security Center under the events for this server.

I made sure that the KSN statement is accepted by checking the "I accept KSN statement" checkbox under real-time file protection.

See attached.

post-475638-1460648598_thumb.jpg

Hi,

No, such license won't let you run these tasks.

Application Control can only be activated with the following license:

- Endpoint Security for Business Advanced

- Total Security for Business

- Security for File Server

- Security for Storage

As for the ICAP and RPC protection tasks you need a "Security for Storage" license key, and such features would only be relevant to you if you need to protect files located on remote storages or processed by web-proxies.

Edited by Tybilly

Hi,

No, such license won't let you run these tasks.

Application Control can only be activated with the following license:

- Endpoint Security for Business Advanced

- Total Security for Business

- Security for File Server

- Security for Storage

As for the ICAP and RPC protection tasks you need a "Security for Storage" license key, and such features would only be relevant to you if you need to protect files located on remote storages or processed by web-proxies.

Yeah, I was aware of the Application Control only being available for the Advanced license but I did not know that a Security Storage license was required for ICAP and RPC protection.

On Kaspersky Anti-Virus 8.0 for Windows Servers Enterprise Edition I was able to use ICAP protection with my current Select license but I guess that's changed with the new license structure for Security 10 for Windows Server.

Thanks for your input Tybilly. Very helpful.

Based on Tybilly's post, I'm thinking the reason I was getting the KSN Usage errors was because I had ICAP and RPC Storage Protection enabled but didn't have the Security Storage license.

I've disabled ICAP and RPC Protection on the server to see if this resolves the KSN Usage errors.

Thanks again for the replies.

Based on Tybilly's post, I'm thinking the reason I was getting the KSN Usage errors was because I had ICAP and RPC Storage Protection enabled but didn't have the Security Storage license.

I've disabled ICAP and RPC Protection on the server to see if this resolves the KSN Usage errors.

Hi,

Thank you for the information!

After disabling the ICAP and RPC Protection tasks I'm still getting the KSN Errors such as:

Error sending the request to KSN. Error code: 0x80000500.

Object name: C:\WINDOWS\SYSWOW64\NTDLL.DLL

I'll probably create a support ticket for this because I don't want to junk up this thread with a problem that isn't really related to the original topic.

If someone has a quick suggestion I'd appreciate it, otherwise, thanks again for the replies.

After disabling the ICAP and RPC Protection tasks I'm still getting the KSN Errors such as:

Error sending the request to KSN. Error code: 0x80000500.

Object name: C:\WINDOWS\SYSWOW64\NTDLL.DLL

I'll probably create a support ticket for this because I don't want to junk up this thread with a problem that isn't really related to the original topic.

If someone has a quick suggestion I'd appreciate it, otherwise, thanks again for the replies.

Could you please provide us incident number that you created?

Thank you!

Could you please provide us incident number that you created?

Thank you!

INC000006080651

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.