matthew3

Kaspersky total security requiring reboot

Iv had to reboot my computer to install new application modules like 2 or 3 times in the past 2 weeks,.. iv almost never had to reboot so i just thought it was odd to have 2 or 3 in such a short amount of time....i have version 16.0.1.445 b , total security. Whats the reason for all the reboots ?

Hello all,

As I wrote earlier, there is an issue with excessive PC reboot requests on version 2016 MR1. This issue is going to be fixed in patch C which is planned to be released at the end of April (with other several fixes).

By the way sometimes products may ask for system reboot or self-restart in order to install and apply the latest updates (patches, new modules etc.). Reboot is recommended - it allows to start using the latest updates which fixed vulnerabilities and other issues - but it's not urgently required.Protection is still working in such cases even until reboot is performed.

The last month of so I'm getting notice to reboot every time (morning) after KTS Updates?????

This is new after using product for over 2 years with never a reboot required after virus data updates

The last month of so I'm getting notice to reboot every time (morning) after KTS Updates?????

This is new after using product for over 2 years with never a reboot required after virus data updates

>>In my book, that's a black mark against Kaspersky.

There is no impact on the users, the signatures are being released, everybody is still protected. What is the fuss all about? Just ignore that notice and do not reboot. The patch will be released soon.

There is no need to freak out and spread the FUD around. Now keep in mind this is a forum, and people only post here when they have problems, most are happy with the product.

Yep, known issue that customers will have to tolerate for up to 3 entire months, assuming they fix it at the end of April as stated.

I do find it interesting that some people have said this issue doesn't affect users. Unnecessary reboots most definitely do affect users. Does anyone like imposed reboots? Moreover, if we learn to ignore reboot requests from Kaspersky, we may miss some reboot requests that are actually important, and not the result of this annoying bug.

I do think that a single thread was sufficient, though.

edit: Merged, and current answer added below:

Hello all,

As I wrote earlier, there is an issue with excessive PC reboot requests on version 2016 MR1. This issue is going to be fixed in patch C which is planned to be released at the end of April (with other several fixes).

By the way sometimes products may ask for system reboot or self-restart in order to install and apply the latest updates (patches, new modules etc.). Reboot is recommended - it allows to start using the latest updates which fixed vulnerabilities and other issues - but it's not urgently required.Protection is still working in such cases even until reboot is performed.

Edited by richbuff

Hey folk's, how are you?

Please, help me to fix this problem in my Kaspersky Total Security. Everytime that I turn on my computer, Kaspersky asks for computer reboot. It's so boring and happens all the times. I think that something is going wrong. I'm also thinking to try another internet security software because of this trouble. I never know if I am really safe or not.

Any sugestion?

I`m using Windows 10 Pro.

Edit: Merged, and Current answer is quoted:

Hello all,

By the way sometimes products may ask for system reboot or self-restart in order to install and apply the latest updates (patches, new modules etc.).

Reboot is recommended - it allows to start using the latest updates which fixed vulnerabilities and other issues - but it's not urgently required.

Protection is still working in such cases even until reboot is performed.

Edited by richbuff