daledoc1

Reboot required after update, repeated. KIS 16 MR1

Next Patch C would come around 24th of this month...

That's interesting.

I don't see any mention of a Patch c undergoing even BETA testing in the beta forum.

So it sounds awfully optimistic to expect a release of the patch one week from now.

Are we supposed to reboot our computers every hour until then?

<sorry for the sarcasm, but this issue has been recurrent for several weeks, with no permanent and proper fix in sight.>

Can someone from KL please provide a more realistic explanation and a time-frame for prompt resolution?

Thanks,

MM (topic starter)

post-547237-1458314639_thumb.pngpost-547237-1458314677_thumb.pngEvery time I turn on my computer the Kaspersky icon shows a yellow triangle. I get the message "Protection May Be At Risk 1 Warning. Computer reboot is required. To complete the installation of new application modules, it is necessary to reboot the computer." It never goes away and it doesn't matter how many times I reboot. I upgraded from Kaspersky Internet Security 2015 to the 2016 version. I never had this problem with the 2015 version.

The version of Kaspersky Internet Security 2016 I am now running is 16.0.1.445. I'm using a Dell XPS 17 L702X laptop running Windows 10 Pro x64. I haven't yet uninstalled and reinstalled Kaspersky but that seems to be the only option I have and I'm not quite sure that it will fix the problem.

Thank you in advance for your time and any assistance provided.

There is a very lengthy topic about that. It is a known issue that is being worked on. https://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?s=&am...t&p=2566384

Thank you, Rudger. I appreciate your reply. I tried to research the matter before starting a thread but couldn't find anything. I apparently didn't use the correct search words. I would have responded to your post earlier but I'm not getting any notifications even though I have selected that option.

FWIW, the reboot request for me has disappeared for now.

It's now 16:16 Eastern Daylight Savings Time 03/19/2016 and I still have the problem. I'll wait a few more days and then switch to another AV application if the problem is not resolved. This is my second year with Kaspersky Internet Security and until now the only two problems I've had with Kaspersky is that it doesn't find the unwanted Conduit toolbar (PUP) and Kaspersky is not recognized as a legitimate name in spell checkers, which I find to be truly amazing considering that Kaspersky is known worldwide.

It's now 16:16 Eastern Daylight Savings Time 03/19/2016 and I still have the problem. I'll wait a few more days and then switch to another AV application if the problem is not resolved. This is my second year with Kaspersky Internet Security and until now the only two problems I've had with Kaspersky is that it doesn't find the unwanted Conduit toolbar (PUP) and Kaspersky is not recognized as a legitimate name in spell checkers, which I find to be truly amazing considering that Kaspersky is known worldwide.

Rather than "throwing the baby out with the bathwater", I suggest you back off to KAV/KIS 2015, which is working quite well on my Window 7 x64 SP1 machine. Your activation code will work.

You can download KAV 2015 here (assuming you are in the U.S.A.): http://usa.kaspersky.com/downloads/software-upgrades/ Expand the "Kaspersky Anti-Virus" heading, then click on the second sub-heading, "Download Previous Versions and Documentation"

When the problem is resolved, then upgrade using the same activation code.

Edited by bgelfand

Thanks, rudger. Does anyone know that if we ignore the request to restart until a new patch is issued, that we are still fully protected if we don't ?

Like everyone else, I don't want to have to reboot after every update !

Do any of the mods or someone from Kaspersky want to answer this question ? If we don't reboot after each update, are we still protected ?

I'm guessing the normal protection will still apply, eg definitions and firewall operation so unless I get an answer to the affirmative, I'll just ignore the restart request, and log off and restart the next time I use my computer.

:dash1:

The only info I found is this in the KIS log event on my computer ... ( I don't get this with 6.0.0.614e)

( update would have a probblem installing, may be a driver and keeps trying?)

Log Name: Kaspersky Event Log

Source: kis

Date: 19/03/2016 22:07:29

Event ID: 4660

Task Category: None

Level: Information

Keywords: Classic

User: N/A

Computer: DEFAULT

Description:

The description for Event ID 4660 from source kis cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

Current KSN agreement acceptance parameter: FALSE

the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table

Log Name: Kaspersky Event Log

Source: kis

Date: 19/03/2016 22:07:29

Event ID: 4661

Task Category: None

Level: Information

Keywords: Classic

User: N/A

Computer: DEFAULT

Description:

The description for Event ID 4661 from source kis cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

Current EULA acceptance: ACCEPTED

the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table

If we don't reboot after each update, are we still protected ?

Yes, you are still protected. If there are updated modules actually requiring a reboot, they just might not get fully installed until you perform a reboot.

Rather than "throwing the baby out with the bathwater", I suggest you back off to KAV/KIS 2015, which is working quite well on my Window 7 x64 SP1 machine. Your activation code will work.

You can download KAV 2015 here (assuming you are in the U.S.A.): http://usa.kaspersky.com/downloads/software-upgrades/ Expand the "Kaspersky Anti-Virus" heading, then click on the second sub-heading, "Download Previous Versions and Documentation"

When the problem is resolved, then upgrade using the same activation code.

It seems that the problem has been fixed. I'm no longer getting the warning. Thanks everyone, for your time and assistance. I appreciate it very much.

Yes, you are still protected. If there are updated modules actually requiring a reboot, they just might not get fully installed until you perform a reboot.

Hi, JanRei. Thanks for the info. I shut down after each session, so I don't think my protection will be compromised in any way until the next start up. Cheers.

:ay:

Edited by Fenderman1

Hi, JanRei. Thanks for the info. I shut down after each session, so I don't think my protection will be compromised in any way until the next start up. Cheers.

:ay:

21-03-2016 10.20 My Win 7 Pro KIS 16.0.1.445 B has just updated and now requesting a reboot! I'm also closing down. As I'm on a daily update schedule I guess I'll not see this again for another 24hrs.

21-03-2016 10.20 My Win 7 Pro KIS 16.0.1.445 B has just updated and now requesting a reboot! I'm also closing down. As I'm on a daily update schedule I guess I'll not see this again for another 24hrs.

Yes, the problem is back again, within the past hour or so.

This is getting VERY old.

It seems that KL is aware of the issue, but I still see no mention of a "patch c" in the beta forum.

Everyone there seems focused on 2017 products.

I hope there will be a fix forthcoming soon.

After many years of using KIS, I, too, have begun to research alternatives.

That's a shame.

Thanks,

MM (topic starter)

Hello Icprice3, welcome to the forum?

If you have version 16.0.1.445 of KAV or KIS installed: it is a known bug which will be fixed soon.

Hello Icprice3, welcome to the forum?

If you have version 16.0.1.445 of KAV or KIS installed: it is a known bug which will be fixed soon.

That's the one. Ok, thanks.

Its had a lot of updates recently, I never even considered it a bug, and I have noticed one bug has been fixed.

Yes, the problem is back again, within the past hour or so.

This is getting VERY old.

It seems that KL is aware of the issue, but I still see no mention of a "patch c" in the beta forum.

Everyone there seems focused on 2017 products.

I hope there will be a fix forthcoming soon.

After many years of using KIS, I, too, have begun to research alternatives.

That's a shame.

Thanks,

MM (topic starter)

The problem has raised its ugly head again after a one day respite. There's really no excuse for not fixing the problem. While the problem may be minimal in and of itself the fact that it hasn't been fixed after an abundance of complaints is an indication that Kaspersky either doesn't care about consumers who purchased the product or Kaspersky is incapable of fixing the product. "Throwing the baby out with the bath water" is certainly appropriate concerning this issue as far as I'm concerned because if Kaspersky is not willing to address such a minor issue I feel that they may also not be willing to address larger issues. In my book, that's a black mark against Kaspersky.