daledoc1

Reboot required after update, repeated. KIS 16 MR1

Edit: Current answer is quoted:

Hello all,

As I wrote earlier, there is an issue with excessive PC reboot requests on version 2016 MR1. This issue is going to be fixed in patch C which is planned to be released at the end of April (with other several fixes).

By the way sometimes products may ask for system reboot or self-restart in order to install and apply the latest updates (patches, new modules etc.). Reboot is recommended - it allows to start using the latest updates which fixed vulnerabilities and other issues - but it's not urgently required.Protection is still working in such cases even until reboot is performed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi:

The system specs are in my signature block.

After nearly 2 weeks of uneventful performance, the behavior has returned: The last time this happened, it was in the context of the patch *b* rollout. There are no updating errors being logged. Each is successful.

Starting this AM, after each successful auto-update, I am prompted to restart the system to complete the update.

This has happened TWICE already, in the past 2 hours.

This was apparently some sort of server/cdn issue the last time and it mysteriously resolved ~6 hours after reporting it in the beta forum.

I was not the only user affected then. I presume I am not the only user affected this time, either.

It cannot be "normal" for KIS (or any application) to update > request reboot > update > request reboot > update > request reboot, over and over again.

I presume it's the same/similar update server/cdn problem again, although it's not a direct patch-b-rollout issue, per se, since I have had patch *b* for nearly 2 weeks????

Please fix this.

{{This is my main production box and I don't have time now to save work and reboot every hour, or to post GSI logs, massive/detailed update logs or other data. Will try to do so later, if the problem persists.}}

Thank you,

MM

Edited by richbuff

I have the same problem with KAV 16.0.1.445 on Windows 7 with SP1. It has happened three times so far today. Is it safe to ignore the request?

Edited by Galileo 39

Same here. Windows 10 with KTS 16.0.1.445 . Do we need a complete reinstall to fix this?

Same problem here, asked for a reboot three times today, can anyone from KL look into this bug before I roll back to the previous version.

Hi, I've recently been getting 'protection may be at risk, reboot is required, to complete the installation of new application modules'.

I've had to do it 3 times so far today. Is this normal?

i am using Kaspersky 2016. 16.0.1.455b two times today when kaspersky has updated it has asked me to reboot my pc saying my pc could be

at risk. should I have to be rebooting my pc after kaspersky updates.

Me as well. KAV 16.0.1.445 ( b )

Windows 7 sp1 64 bit.

Edited by alex5723

The same for me as well. I'm running KIS 16.0.1.445 on Windows 7 32bit and Windows 8.1 64bit.

Edited by YaKnow

B)Yeah! I got that warning too. It was shown a yellow triangle on the "K-System tray icons" What it said

when I open the Kaspersky-MainWin was "Protection may be at risk" on yellow backround

When clicked on Details it says this: Computer Reboot is required to complete installation of New

app modules is necessary to Reboot. I did it once and Done deal. Normal maintenance

I guess.. It won't happen in every dataBase update. Stay Tuned!

EDIT: OOPS! Sorry, @dh27564. We were posting at the same time. ;)

Actually, @Indio, it's happening to a LOT of users, on different Windows platforms and in different locales.

It appears to be something with stale/cached update server/cdn content, or some other back-end problem with the update server network.

And it happened 2 weeks ago.

See here: https://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=347116

Perhaps the good folks at KL will have a fix for this soon.

Thanks,

MM

Edited by MoxieMomma

Problem solved reinstalled Version 2016 (16.0.0.614abcd) on all three effected computers, could not be messing about rebooting them all with every update.

Same problem.

I've had KIS 16.0.1.445(B) for a little while. Today I've had repeated requests to reboot to complete installation.

Detailed Reports section show "Completed" after each reboot, but version no. doesn't change and then it all happens again later.

Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate x64.

Edited by Jetta Jones

I had two Kaspersky updates today both times it said I had to reboot my pc or my pc could be at risk. I did reboot and pc is working ok. I am

using the latest version of Kaspersky 16.0.14459 b should it be asking me to reboot after a update.

Edited by helzapop

Problem solved reinstalled Version 2016 (16.0.0.614abcd) on all three effected computers, could not be messing about rebooting them all with every update.

So, does that mean they pulled the newer version that everyone is having problems with? We have to downgrade?

Same problem here.

KIS 16.0.1.445( B )

Windows 10

Edited by DaveRS

Well.. I removed 16.0.1.445 ....zap .. gone went back to the current version.

It looks like they removed that one and is back to 16.0.0.614d but that one just updated to 16.0.0.614 (e) on my computer.

Edited by marmaduke