Sign in to follow this  
phenpen13

no Grant Access for Device Control [Solved]

Hi Team,

We are trying to test the Temporary access to Device control:= (I already enabled Allow request for temporary access)

But when trying to grant access, no option available under the Computer Properties > Task > Device Control (no Grant access button on Computer Properties window)

Any thoughts?

Hi Team,

We are trying to test the Temporary access to Device control:= (I already enabled Allow request for temporary access)

But when trying to grant access, no option available under the Computer Properties > Task > Device Control (no Grant access button on Computer Properties window)

Any thoughts?

Hi,

Could you please provide to us versions of KES and KSC and screenshots of the window where you looking for button.

Thank you!

Hi,

Could you please provide to us versions of KES and KSC and screenshots of the window where you looking for button.

Thank you!

HI,

KES - 10.2.1.23

KSC - 10.1.249

screenshot:

<see attached file>

post-538582-1457520019_thumb.png

Hi Team,

Any thoughts?

Hello.

To grant temporary access by user request, you need to choose "Access to devices and data" from context menu of the host instead of going to its properties.

Thank you.

Hello.

To grant temporary access by user request, you need to choose "Access to devices and data" from context menu of the host instead of going to its properties.

Thank you.

Hi,

yes can generate the access code (from Access to the Device and Data) but how can I generate the access code (*.acode) from the server?

Hi,

yes can generate the access code (from Access to the Device and Data) but how can I generate the access code (*.acode) from the server?

Hello,

please read the guide on pages 229 - 233.

Thank you.

Hello,

please read the guide on pages 229 - 233.

Thank you.

Big thanks on this, by the way this is a RWE access to the device right?

Is there a way to modify access to Read Only?

thanks

Hi,

You can edit access permissions in the device control "removable drives" -> "Edit".

BR

Hi,

You can edit access permissions in the device control "removable drives" -> "Edit".

BR

How about on the Temp device access?

Hi,

In that case access will be full. Do you need a read only access for temporary use? If that so, you need to create feature request in the CompanyAccount.

BR

Hi,

In that case access will be full. Do you need a read only access for temporary use? If that so, you need to create feature request in the CompanyAccount.

BR

i just saw it during my test - but so far, i don't think i'll make huge impact

I also notice that once the user received temporary access to a device and tried to use different device - the temp access is not carried out..

heehehe...anyways, many thanks on this..big help

cheers mate!

i just saw it during my test - but so far, i don't think i'll make huge impact

I also notice that once the user received temporary access to a device and tried to use different device - the temp access is not carried out..

heehehe...anyways, many thanks on this..big help

cheers mate!

Hi,

Can this topic be marked as solved yet in this case?

Thank You!

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.