Sign in to follow this  
Truth Seeker

Can't uninstall the Kaspersky profile

I can't remove the Kaspersky profile from my daughter's iPhone which runs iOS 9. The My Kaspersky portal and the Safe Kids app each gave me a PIN to use to remove the profile, but that PIN does not work. I'm sure I'm not entering it incorrectly.

I opened a support case, but I'm not feeling good about this. Let me guess: I'm the first person ever to have this issue.

I resolved it on my own, as always. The problem was, as usual, that no one cares about the quality of their work.

The article https://support.kaspersky.com/12024 effectively says that the PIN from the My Kaspersky portal is the one PIN that needs to be entered to remove the Kaspersky profile. WRONG! That is not the case on the iOS device in question. Instead, I had to enter the DEVICE PIN first. By "device PIN," I am referring to the PIN used to unlock the home screen.

So, where the article says to enter the PIN listed in the portal, I had to use the device PIN. And after that PIN was entered, a second prompt appeared before the Kaspersky profile was deleted. At THAT prompt, the PIN specified in the My Kaspersky portal was required.

I don't care if the first prompt is new to iOS 9.0. The article makes no distinction, and Kaspersky Safe Kids installed without complaint on the device. If there was some compatibility or versioning issue, that should have been handled BY SOMEONE OTHER THAN ME! Or, if the fact that the Safe Kids app was removed first figures in somehow, well, I removed it because Kaspersky support told me to.

Yes, I'm bloody well angry. I spent the last 24 hours with my family angry at me for effectively "removing Safari" from my daughter's iPhone, because a support article is inaccurate, and "support" reps have no clue, not only how the product works but how the web site works.

I've saved screenshots of the article mentioned above. If it's accurate now, that's because someone fixed it. Although I suspect the sun will swallow the earth before that ever happens.

Edited by Truth Seeker