KJIsaacson

FF 43 & Kaspersky disabled

Good Evening,

I am not very tek savvy but I love Kaspersky products, however, I am using Modzilla as my internet browser. From time to time it informs my that my Kaspersky security is disabled - something to do with changing an ad-on feature. I clicked on to Modzilla's help information and it says something about a digital number or signature?

Anyone know what this is or what I can do to fix this?

Thank You,

Hi,

My name is Heidi and I am posting because I believe that Kaspersky Add-ons for Mozilla Firefox have been disabled and after looking on Home Product Support, I can not find a solution. There is no 'enable' Kaspersky option. I am using Windows 10, with Kaspersky Total Security (up to date licensce). Please help!

Many thanks!

Welcome. You are using an old version of the product. Please install the current KTS 16.0.1.445.

Please use the instructions that pertain to you:

-If you are not using the PURE or KTS Password Manager and if you have any issues:

Please clean install KTS 16.0.1.445.

Download KTS 16.0.1.445 from links contained in the first and second Important topic.

After you download 16.0.1.445, right click the red K tray icon > Exit > uninstall the old version > reboot > install KTS 16.0.1.445 > update databases > reboot.

-If you are using the PURE or KTS Password Manager, and/or if you do not have any issues:

Please migrate to KTS 16.0.0.614 on top of the old version.

Migration instructions are located in the first and second Important topic.

Update databases > reboot when done.

Any better with the new version?

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.

Firefox just updated to 43.0, and upon restarting it reported that "Kaspersky Protection cound not be verified for use in Firefox and has been disabled."

What now?

Please help. I have FF 43.0.1 and already had xpinstall.signatures.required set to "false." It worked okay for a couple of months, but today Kaspersky's not working at all in FF -- no password manager, website blocking or safe money. I can't access my bank account, because I have it going through safe money.

When I upgraded to Firefox 43.0, Kaspersky was disabled. I did the workaround to set the signature option to "false," and that worked fine for a while. This morning Kaspersky password manager, website blocker, safe money and virtual keyboard have been disabled again. I'm using Kaspersky Total Security and Windows 7.

Would someone please help me, so that I can use Kaspersky with FF again?

Welcome to the forum.

Update Your Kaspersky product to version 2016 16.0.1.445, and Your FireFox to last version 44.0.2.

Welcome to the forum.

Update Your Kaspersky product to version 2016 16.0.1.445, and Your FireFox to last version 44.0.2.

Thank you. I really don't want to update. The last time I updated from PURE 3.0 to KTS, I didn't gain anything and lost all of my password accounts. Same thing with FF -- there's always something that doesn't work when I update.

Isn't there any other option?

Kaspersky 2016MR1 comes with signed "Kaspersky Protection" add-on for FireFox. KTS2016MR1 16.0.1.55 is a more stable version than actual KTS2016MR0 16.0.0.614.

Also there is a new Kaspersky PassWord Manager 8.0.4: https://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=345429

I restarted my computer, and that did the trick. I really wish I hadn't upgraded from PURE 3.0. KTS caused a whole lot of problems for me, and it took well over 20 hours to get things working half-way acceptable. I don't plan on upgrading for a while.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.