Sign in to follow this  
neverexists

keepup2date and SuperSecure Database

Hi, i have a Scanner for Linux. Version 5.0.4.0 and i want to try the SuperSecure Database definitions.

There is any possibility to use automatic updates with keepup2date tool without mirror the updates_x folder?

hm,

i am not sure that i have understand your question,

automatic update is possible thru crontab,and yes you can

setup keepup2date to use updates_x

In which way i can teel keepup2date to download from updates_x folder?

i didn't find how.

Don you which parametrs i must use?

:)

thanks

yes,

u use kav4unix ?

ok then just go to /etc/kav/kav4unix.conf file

and find this part

[updater.options]

ProxyAddress=

UseProxy=no

UseUpdateServerUrl=yes

UseUpdateServerUrlOnly=yes

UpdateServerUrl= --- enter adress here

PostUpdateCmd=/etc/init.d/kavd restart

RegionSettings=

ConnectTimeout=

and that's it :)

ok thanks but using this url i cannot use the fallback function to use different server if timeout or connection problem.

or i am wrong ?

nice avatar and thanks

In which way i can  teel keepup2date to download from updates_x folder?

i didn't find how.

Don you which parametrs i must use?

thanks

keeup2date just like our Windows updater can only download bases from a catalog with a special structure, with indexes and other stuff inside needed to check the bases structure.

The updates_x catalog does not have this structure and is kept at our download servers just due to compatibility issues with older versions that do not require indexes and stuff.

All bases set (normal, extended, etc) should be available at the bases catalog at our download servers, ready for download by keepup2date. And you do not have to perform any additional tricks to download them with keepup2date - it downloads every bases set available during single update session. This is the application that choose which bases set is to be used after download.

If the update_x bases set is not there (i mean in the ordinal location at the servers used by keepu2date to download bases) it means that they are not available anymore...

ok thanks but using this url i cannot use the fallback function to use different server if timeout or connection problem.

or i am wrong ?

nice avatar and thanks

Nope! You can!

just assign

UseUpdateServerUrlOnly=false

keeping UpdateServerUrl set to the url of a 'special' server

and keepup2date will switch to our main servers if there are problems while updating from your 'special' server...

And you do not have to perform any additional tricks to download them with keepup2date - it downloads every bases set available during single update session. This is the application that choose which bases set is to be used after download.

In which way i can instruct aveserver or aveclient to use other supersecure bases?

thnaks for the support

In which way i can instruct aveserver or aveclient to use other supersecure bases?

thnaks for the support

They are no longer available. Standard & extended are the choices you have. :)