pasty22

Trip Advisor website causes phishing warning notice and sound.

Hi, is there a way to make KIS silent? Each time I view a page on Trip Advisor etc, I get a notification tag shoot in from the right hand side stating there is a phishing attack, which I'm happy with (although I think it's a false positive) but it's accompanied by a series of beeps. It's really annoying. The only way I've found to make it silent is to lower the speaker volume to NIL but that isn't very friendly because I like to listen to classical music through my earphones whilst surfing.

I've got the latest version installed and I'm using Windows 10.

Main Kaspersky Screen > settings > additional > notifications, then uncheck "enable notification sounds"

Edited by Adam 1972

Main Kaspersky Screen > settings > additional > notifications, then uncheck "enable notification sounds"

Yes it is unticked.

If it is the Windows 10 notification tags then these sounds may be controlled by Windows, you can change or turn off Windows sounds by right clicking the speaker icon & clicking sounds

If it is the Windows 10 notification tags then these sounds may be controlled by Windows, you can change or turn off Windows sounds by right clicking the speaker icon & clicking sounds

Thank you for that.

I did what you suggested and selected No Sounds and that has stopped the beeping and I can listen to music without interruption. Success

The tab/flag/quick pop-in from the right is KIS when I click on the tag it takes me to "Detailed Reports" all the Trip Advisor ones start with: https://t1tacdn.com/fp/HP?xxxxxxxxx many many many

I tried making exceptions by entering: https://t1tacdn.com/* thinking that would grant exceptions but that doesn't work.

Any ideas on that one?

I'm beginning to regret paying for and installing Kaspersky. I've had it installed on my computers for the last ten years. In November I bought a 3 PC licence and used one licence to continue the previous licence on my XP computer (Kaspersky 2012?) knowing that I'd be buying a new computer in December and could use one of the licences.

I took possession of the new computer installed the latest Kaspersky and tried to use the licence key (2 of 3), Kaspersky didn't reject the key but gave a message (I've forgotten what it was) saying it couldn't be used and gave a link. I clicked the link and there was nothing connected with the problem. Thereafter if I tried to install the licence key it was rejected.

So as I had it installed, I bought a licence through Kaspersky.

I don't know if it's just me but the latest version is mind bending and at times exasperating.

On my old version (2012) if I used Firefox to view holidays on the Thomson Holiday site I'd get a black screen with a small white pixel in the centre of the screen. I could overcome that by disabling Anti Banner, view the holidays and then switch the Banner back on.

Now when I try to access the Thomson site, I get the black screen, I disable the Banner but that doesn't let me proceed and the only way I can view the holiday site is by pausing protection.

At least with Windows Defender it will let me out but unfortunately Windows Defender doesn't kick in when Kaspersky is disabled only when it's uninstalled.

Additionally, when I visit Trip Advisor website, each and every time I click on a topic I get the Phishing Warning with the accompanied sound. A helpful guy on the forum gave me a guide as how to remove the sound. I did that but I certainly don't want to have to make sound settings each and every time I want to visit Trip Advisor.

I've been unable to to add exemptions in Web Anti Virus but I have discovered that if I un-tick heuristics in Web Anti Virus that stops the annoying sound and notification.

So, is it dangerous to leave heuristics unticked?

I really don't know if I will renew my licence in future, I might spend my hard earned money on something more interesting like lawn seed for the bare patches on my lawn!

I am also using Firefox 44.0.2 and KIS 16.0.1.445 on Windows 10. I am not having the issues you mention with either Trip Advisor or Thomson Holiday. Both websites open correctly and all features on the pages function normally. Perhaps there is some other conflict causing this.

I think a good starting point for folks here would be posting a link to your GSI report. The report will provide some basic information on your system and may help members and moderators trouble-shoot your issue. The instructions are here: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=915

I am also using Firefox 44.0.2 and KIS 16.0.1.445 on Windows 10. I am not having the issues you mention with either Trip Advisor or Thomson Holiday. Both websites open correctly and all features on the pages function normally. Perhaps there is some other conflict causing this.

I think a good starting point for folks here would be posting a link to your GSI report. The report will provide some basic information on your system and may help members and moderators trouble-shoot your issue. The instructions are here: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=915

Thanks. By chance do you have heuristics unticked in Web Anti Virus Advanced Settings?

I've tried it with Hueristics checked and unchecked. For me, there is no difference. Also, you can turn off notifications and sounds in Settings > Additional > Notifications. What version of Kaspersky are you now using (hover your cursor over the "K" in the system tray)? The GSI may help.

Thanks

Turning off the notifications in KIS didn't work and I still got the sound. I was advised on a previous post to stop the sounds with Windows, which I did but I was still getting the pop-in from the right hand side.

Unticking heuristics stops the pop-in but I'm concerned that I won't be fully protected.

Any idea about the single white pixel and Anti Banner instance?

If I had to choose between heuristic analysis and a pop-in message, I would keep heuristic analysis selected and simply put up with the pop-in messages. The heuristic analysis provides another layer of protection in that it may identify and stop malware which has not yet been fully identified (if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it's a duck).

Have you tried visiting those sites with a browser other than Firefox?

I didn't see anything in the GSI but there are others here that are far more knowledgeable than I am. Perhaps someone else will jump in with more suggestions.

Also, in addition to what dh27564 indicates in the post located above this post,

Please clear browser cache after making any change to Anti Banner settings.

Please send those two websites to the Lab, instructions are located in the sixth important topic located near the top of the Virus section of this forum. And here:

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=13881

Two topics were merged, "How to make KIS silent" and "Blessing or curse?" were merged to here, and topic title was changed.

Thank you.

>>if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it's a duck<< Good One!

Yes it opens in other browsers too. I'll live with it.... but I might have found a solution to the pop in. I extended the Trip Advisor URL to a few more characters followed by the asterisk and keeping the heuristic ticked, I haven't been bothered with the pop-in. I haven't been able to replicate the white dot either, although I haven't spent a lot of time doing it.

Interesting to note on the GSI - it listed 10 (Orange) files, mostly dll extensions listed in the Windows 32 file. When I examined each one and went to the folder only about two of the ten were actually shown. I have show hidden files set in Windows 10. Certainly the clauth1.dll and others are not shown. Strange hey?

I wonder why my boxed purchased key from Version 14 wouldn't work with 16? I'm NOT too bothered as I had to fork out for other incompatible software and a few pounds on AV is well spent.

Thanks again for your help.

I wonder why my boxed purchased key from Version 14 wouldn't work with 16? I'm NOT too bothered as I had to fork out for other incompatible software and a few pounds on AV is well spent.

Seems like this post is closed and resolved already by our good friends. Reading through everyone's replies. The error message you may be looking for upon activation, is "Keyfile is Corrupted."

Naturally,box purchases are made before any updates. and the one that you have, as you have said is 2014.

Installing version rellease 16.0.1.445 would not recognize old LTS. You can either Install MR0. 16.0.0.614 or keep MR1 16.0.1 but editing your registries, which we cannot post in here.

Oh well, if the workaround works.... around just fine.. Cheers to that :)

When trying to write a review for Trip Advisor I receive the message (slides in from the lower right, over and over and over......) "_https://t1.tacdn.c.. . is blocked. This has never happened before. I can still submit a review. I just can't stop the message. Any suggestions

I am experiencing the same problem. Have never had it before. Windows 10 and IE. It's more than annoying as the Pop-in covers the send instruction when trying to submit photos along with a travel review. It's easy to shut off the sound, but just can't get rid of the "Phishing Link" pop-in.

The URL you supplied in post #16, plus any other relevant web pages.

The URL you supplied in post #16, plus any other relevant web pages.

Thanks. I could only see where I could send the URL. No additional info. URL sent.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.