PattiT

Kaspersky protection Add On still disabled in firefox 44....

1. I keep having this ongoing problem with Kaspersky & Firefox, and am frankly upset to the point of leaving Firefox as my browser permanently & questioning my security with Kaspersky.

Mozilla Firefox will not verify my Kaspersky add-on & therefore I am not protected on Firefox. This is the message I get......

"If an unsigned add-on is disabled, you won't be able to use it and the Add-ons manager will show a message that the add-on could not be verified for use in Firefox and has been disabled. You can remove the add-on from Firefox and then reinstall a signed version from the Mozilla Add-ons site if one is available.

If a signed version is not available, contact the add-on developer or vendor to see if they can offer an updated and signed version of that add-on. You can also ask them to get their add-on signed. "

So now what? Are you going to get it signed? What options do I have?

2. I also keep getting, on the right side of my screen, a box with your K logo at top saying you "Can not guarantee authenticity of the domain to which encrypted connection is established. It lists different Application names, URL's, and Reason (which is usually-'Invalid name of certificate. Either the name is not on the allowed list or was explicitly excluded'). "

What exactly is this & what does it mean?

What is going here at Kaspersky?

TY

Am looking forward to your reply.

PattiT

1. This item is discussed at length, including workaround and future resolution, here: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=329476 Therefore, in this topic thread, we will focus on: 2:

2. Kaspersky > Settings > Additional > Network > Do not scan encrypted connections.

Any better with 2. after that?

If not, please see the seventh (7th) Important topic.

I know this will be taking down, but i thought many members on here said that it would be signed by firefox version 44...was searching for a bit and found it would be in firefox version 45 now....can this be confirmed,,?? cause i just disabled the bypass method for the signitures in firefox and when i restarted firefox it quickly installed something, but the kaspersky protection ADD ON is completely disabled...can any one confirm when we will be able to run default firefox with our kaspersky protection add on?? thanks..

What Kaspersky product and version do you have installed?

Kaspersky Total Security 2016, and as far as version i dont see a stamp anywhere in kaspersky , but i update the database regularly

Hover the tray icon will tell you the version number.

My guess is that you have the earlier version of 2016 16.0.0.614. A more current version (16.0.1.445) was recently released that should fix the unsigned cert issue in firefox.

Download KTS version 16.0.1.445 from here and save it somewhere: http://www.kaspersky.com/product-updates

Uninstall version 16.0.0.614, reboot and install the previously downloaded version, update and reboot.

Any better with current version?

Also, plus rudger79's post above,

Have to comment on this topic..

1. I downloaded from here (online installer) http://support.kaspersky.com/kis2016

2. Then I installed this Kaspersky Internet Security 2016 on two PCs and on both of them Firefox disabled the add-in. Bummer! :-(

I figured out how to solve this issue:

1. The solution was first uninstalling everything

2. Downloading package from (~158MB):

http://usa.kaspersky.com/downloads/purchas...general-license

Link: Protect your Windows PCs with Kaspersky Internet Security. http://usa.kaspersky.com/files/?file=kis&a...=pu_kiskis_usen

That "offline" package solved the problem. Also works with Firefox version 44.0.1.

Also, plus rudger79's post above,

Have to comment on this topic..

1. I downloaded from here (online installer) http://support.kaspersky.com/kis2016

2. Then I installed this Kaspersky Internet Security 2016 on two PCs and on both of them Firefox disabled the add-in. Bummer! :-(

I figured out how to solve this issue:

1. The solution was first uninstalling everything

2. Downloading package from (~158MB):

http://usa.kaspersky.com/downloads/purchas...general-license

Link: Protect your Windows PCs with Kaspersky Internet Security. http://usa.kaspersky.com/files/?file=kis&a...=pu_kiskis_usen

That "offline" package solved the problem. Also works with Firefox version 44.0.1.

I can confirm above comment. I did the same using the full installer for KIS 2016 and the Kaspersky addon works fine.

Hover the tray icon will tell you the version number.

My guess is that you have the earlier version of 2016 16.0.0.614. A more current version (16.0.1.445) was recently released that should fix the unsigned cert issue in firefox.

Download KTS version 16.0.1.445 from here and save it somewhere: http://www.kaspersky.com/product-updates

Uninstall version 16.0.0.614, reboot and install the previously downloaded version, update and reboot.

yes its working now, why didnt kaspersky have a notification to update the database , it usually tells you in Kaspersky that you should update,,,but anyways thanks rudger

yes its working now, why didnt kaspersky have a notification to update the database , it usually tells you in Kaspersky that you should update,,,but anyways thanks rudger

Because it is not a database update issue, rather a new version.

Since the new version was just recently released, the pop up reminders of a new version were probably not yet available.

Welcome to the forum.

Which version of Kaspersky product do You have? Version of FireFox, x86 or x64?.

Also,

You may be work as below:

- Click the Settings of FF, select Add-ons.

- In the web Manage add-ons browser window, you open the menu and select Add-ons.

- In the Extensions tab, you find Kaspersky Protection and press Enable.

I have the same problem.

FF (ver/ 43.0.4 and early) write (in translation from russian):

The Kaspersky Protection was not tested and stoped.

The button Start is absent.

FF want signed application/plugin.

What to do?

¿FireFox x64? ¿which Kaspersky version?.

Update FF version, latest one is 44.0.2...

For users with FF x64 and Kaspersky 2016MR1 16.0.1.445, jut go to this folder and install manually "Kaspersky Protection" add-on:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Total/InterNet Security 16.0.1\FFExt\light_plugin_firefox\addon.xpi
Edited by harlan4096

About versions:

KIS 16.0.0.614(d)

FF 43.0.4

Windows 7 Ultimate x64

There is no file "addon.xpi" in the dir C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\InterNet Security 16.0.1\FFExt\light_plugin_firefox\

Edited by @lex777

Your KIS2016 is not MR1 but MR0, update it to version 2016MR1 16.0.1.445.

Also, update Your FireFox to 44.0.2...

I have gotten a notice from Firefox telling me "Kaspersky could not be verified for use in Firefox and has been disabled".

Here is a partial answer to someone asking the same question to Firefox......

"That pref will be gone in Firefox 44 (Release slated for Jan 26. 2016) so user's of currently un-signed extensions should contact the developers of those extensions and prod them into getting their act together & get their extensions signed by Mozilla. Otherwise the users of those extensions will be SOL come the release of Firefox 44. Mozilla has already pushed back the version in which this new security feature was to be enabled from Firefox 40 to 44. I doubt if there will be any further reprieve."

I have been having a lot of problems with Kaspersky/Firefox lately, and this is just the beginning of the end for me on both of you.

Could you Please try to fix yhis one at least?

Thank You

PattiT

It's the Kaspersky addon in firefox and it has already been fixed in the latest version MR1 16.0.1.445.

Please see the Important topics and follow the instructions to clean install version 16.0.1.445.

After installing MR1 16.0.1.445, update databases and reboot.

It's the Kaspersky addon in firefox and it has already been fixed in the latest version MR1 16.0.1.445.

Please see the Important topics and follow the instructions to clean install version 16.0.1.445.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry, I'm not that versed in computer speak. what are you talking about when you say to install version 16.0.1.445?

I have updated version - 44.0.2 in Firefox.

Windows 8.1

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.

Please click the little picture to make it bigger.

redder_all_cappier.PNG

-

________________________________________________________________________________

I'm sorry, I'm not that versed in computer speak. what are you talking about when you say to install version 16.0.1.445?

Windows 8.1

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry, I'm not that versed in computer speak. what are you talking about when you say to install version 16.0.1.445? And how?

Windows 8.1 Home x64 Build 9600 Kaspersky version 16.0.0.614 (d)

I'm sorry, I'm not that versed in computer speak. what are you talking about when you say to install version 16.0.1.445? Just saw it's Kaspersky version. Sorry. Anyway how do I do that? Mind you, I'm not uninstalling Kaspersky, was suggested one other time and it screwed my computer all up.

Windows 8.1 Home x64 Build 9600 Kaspersky version 16.0.0.614 (d)

I merged your topics to here, to prevent cross posting. Please stay in one topic for similar issue, and/or to follow up with similar issue.

Instead of linking to the Important topics, if you can't find the Important topics, please contact Tech Support: https://my.kaspersky.com/en/support/helpdesk

Please attach the following items to your Tech Support request:

a. Description of the issue.

b. Screenshot, as needed.

c. GSI

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.