Sign in to follow this  
richbuff

KIS/KAV Maintenance Release 1 (version 16.0.1.445)

KIS/KAV Maintenance Release 1 (version 16.0.1.445)

Tech Article is here: http://support.kaspersky.com/12139#block0

Quote from Tech Article:

What's new

Kaspersky Internet Security 2016 (Maintenance Release 1) features the following advantages:

Microsoft Windows 10 is now fully supported.

Standard Microsoft license status notifications have been added.

In the Windows 10 operating system, application notifications have been replaced with pop-up messages consistent with the Microsoft standard.

Protect a Friend program has been transferred to My Kaspersky. You can now register and sign in to the Protect a Friend program when connecting to My Kaspersky portal. All the Protect a Friend pages can be viewed on My Kaspersky portal.

HTTP/2 protocol is now supported.

Yandex.Browser and Microsoft Edge are now partially supported.

Virtual desktops in Microsoft Windows 10 are now supported.

Improvements

System changes control has been improved: Installation Assistant has been added. During the software installation process Installation Assistant clears the boxes of offers to install additional application and blocks their installation, as well as skips the installation steps with ads.

Improved graphical user interface.

Screen keyboard sign doesn't prevent you from typing into the entry fields anymore.

The installation pack has been optimized, so now it is installed faster.

Update downloading has been optimized and accelerated.

Main known issues

The IM-Anti-virus may not support the latest ICQ clients.

If a threat is located on a network resource connected via the SMB protocol, it may be detected and blocked without block notifications. A block prevents a file from being copied, opened, or executed.

When Kaspersky Total Security is installed on top of older versions with the Detect and close screen lockers setting disabled, this setting is enabled after installation.

When Kaspersky Total Security is installed on top of older versions with the Show quick launch icon in data entry fields and Enable Secure Keyboard Input settings disabled, these settings are enabled after installation.

If the Private Browsing component is disabled, it cannot be configured from within the browser (via the Kaspersky Protection extension). The component can be configured from the main application window.

The On-Screen Keyboard icon in entry fields on websites can overlap other icons.

The counter of the Private Browsing component in the Kaspersky Protection extension displays no more than 999 requests per page.

When an unknown application attempts to access the webcam, Kaspersky Total Security may request permission to access the webcam two or more times.

The System Changes Control component does not work in the operating system if a dynamic drive is used as a system drive.

-----------------------------------

Please see the Important topics for download links and additional tips and instructions.

download_button.png

When I was trying to use Safe Money, I was alerted by KIS that I might have a security issue because my OS did not have recent updates. I then discovered that WU service wasn't running. I've been spending a lot of time trying to figure out if/how I can get that running again. No luck so far.

When i contacted Kaspersky Tech. support, submitting GSI report, I was advised to install the "latest" version of KIS, 16.0.1.445.

I'm currently using 16.0.0.614 (f).

Before proceeding with an upgrade, I like to find out as much as possible about any glitches.

One of the informational postings links to available downloads.

I found it "interesting" to note that not only isn't 445 on the page but only versions (a,b,c,d) of my current version are available. Why?

Now that I've seen that as well as the posting by someone who is having trouble with 445, I hesitate installing it.

Has anyone else successfully used 445?

Has anyone else tried to install 445 with other problems?

Can it be installed without uninstalling previous version in order to save certain presets?

If older versions should be uninstalled, what should be saved and how before uninstalling?

Whenever i upgrade versions, I uninstall (only saving license info), double reboot, install new version, update, reboot, update. I have saved configuration settings previously with no issues.

But there is something suspicious going on with 16.0.1.445.

It had a horrible bug that hit a lot of people, updates required reboots every night. Its not clear how vulnerable this left you, not getting components of KIS updated. I don't know if later sub-versions fixed this bug. This is why i rolled back to 16.0.0.614 though.

16.0.1.445 was pulled from the legitimate download sites (link in post #2 in this forum for example) a while ago. Yet, support here and other places still claims 16.0.1.445 is the newest version.

Whenever i upgrade versions, I uninstall (only saving license info), double reboot, install new version, update, reboot, update. I have saved configuration settings previously with no issues.

But there is something suspicious going on with 16.0.1.445.

It had a horrible bug that hit a lot of people, updates required reboots every night. Its not clear how vulnerable this left you, not getting components of KIS updated. I don't know if later sub-versions fixed this bug. This is why i rolled back to 16.0.0.614 though.

16.0.1.445 was pulled from the legitimate download sites (link in post #2 in this forum for example) a while ago. Yet, support here and other places still claims 16.0.1.445 is the newest version.

If it's not on legitimate download sites, how would one know if it's a newer sub-version than those that were giving others trouble? I was advised to use it by Kaspersky Technical Support team this week.

If anyone is using 445 successfully, I hope they respond to this topic.

How do you save configuration settings?

If it's not on legitimate download sites, how would one know if it's a newer sub-version than those that were giving others trouble? I was advised to use it by Kaspersky Technical Support team this week.

If anyone is using 445 successfully, I hope they respond to this topic.

Where is support telling you to download it from?

16.0.1.445 was pulled from http://www.kaspersky.com/downloads/internet-security a long time ago and its giving 16.0.0.614abcd now.

How do you save configuration settings?

When I uninstall (the old version) there were checkboxes

Also,

Merged. Please scroll up to the first post, then bottom of the post, green Download button.

Hi to all, as the subject is just a simple curiosity: kis 2016 mr1 16.0.1.445 still has the problem of the digital signature invalid detected by IE11. Possible that still has not been correct?

The patch C is out.............

Thanks to all.

It will be shown on all of the official Kaspersky websites when the time comes. Conjecture here is Off. To explore this question further, please contact Tech Support. :)

is there some reason i cannot update to kis 16.0.1.445 from kis 16.0.0614 when doing an update in win 10??

i have dual boot with win 7 and have the 16.0.1.445 version in win 7...

so why won't win 10 update to new version???

am i doing something wrong??

many thanks...

Merged. Upgrade to new build is available by download and install. Please see the green Download button, located near the bottom of the first post, after reviewing the first post.