thusitha

Windows asks to remove Kaspersky when Windows get updated [In progress]

Hii,

We are experiencing a problem when run the windows update, It asks to remove KES 10.2.4.674 which we have already installed on windows 10.

Same issue occurs when upgrade windows 10 from windows 8.

Hii,

We are experiencing a problem when run the windows update, It asks to remove KES 10.2.4.674 which we have already installed on windows 10.

post-381208-1453178680_thumb.jpg

post-381208-1453178689_thumb.jpg

Hii,

Hi,

Please refer to the restrictions article.

Thank You!

I just started this too and go the same error from an 8.1 machine (haven't tried 7 yet). This article is essentially unhelpful. I figured it was trying to say i am blocking USB, so i copied form USB to the HD and no luck.

The latest update of the endpoint is installed. I think everyone was waiting for this update to do this exact upgrade and this is 6 months after the win 10 release. Are we still unable to do an in place upgrade with KES installed and up to date with 10.2.4.674?

Hi,

Please refer to the restrictions article.

Thank You!

Confirmed with support: You have to uninstall first. LOL.

I just started this too and go the same error from an 8.1 machine (haven't tried 7 yet). This article is essentially unhelpful. I figured it was trying to say i am blocking USB, so i copied form USB to the HD and no luck.

The latest update of the endpoint is installed. I think everyone was waiting for this update to do this exact upgrade and this is 6 months after the win 10 release. Are we still unable to do an in place upgrade with KES installed and up to date with 10.2.4.674?

I think it is the same issue that we are facing with TH2 upgrade.

Get a Windows 10 pre-TH2 and install KES10SP1MR2 to it

Run Windows Update untill you get the Windows TH2 Upgrade

Run the Windows TH2 Upgrade.

It will stop and tell that Kaspersky Endpoint 10 is not compatable with the upgrade and should be uninstalled before upgrading to Windows TH2.

Does Kaspersky have any solution to this, other than manually uninstall KES10 and Upgrade Windows to TH2 and then reinstall KES10?

I think it is the same issue that we are facing with TH2 upgrade.

Get a Windows 10 pre-TH2 and install KES10SP1MR2 to it

Run Windows Update untill you get the Windows TH2 Upgrade

Run the Windows TH2 Upgrade.

It will stop and tell that Kaspersky Endpoint 10 is not compatable with the upgrade and should be uninstalled before upgrading to Windows TH2.

Does Kaspersky have any solution to this, other than manually uninstall KES10 and Upgrade Windows to TH2 and then reinstall KES10?

Hello.

As this is an issue cause by Microsoft, we have reported to them and still expecting a definitive reply. Please make sure that you have latest Windows updates installed and still expecience the issue.

The workaround we can currently suggest is to remove KES before the upgrade and install it afterwards.

Thank you.

Hello.

As this is an issue cause by Microsoft, we have reported to them and still expecting a definitive reply. Please make sure that you have latest Windows updates installed and still expecience the issue.

The workaround we can currently suggest is to remove KES before the upgrade and install it afterwards.

Thank you.

Yes it is with all the latest updates.

How long does it take before Microsoft will reply, as i can see it's been over 2 months since you contacted Microsoft, so what are the status from Microsoft at the current point?

Hi,

Unfrotunately, thare is no new info yet.

We will inform you as soon as we get any new info from them.

Thank you!

Any Updates from Microsoft on this issue?

This is a solution from Microsoft which fix compatibility problem.

You can try to deploy KES10SP1MR2 on a few machines.

BR

This is a solution from Microsoft which fix compatibility problem.

You can try to deploy KES10SP1MR2 on a few machines.

BR

We are already running SP1MR2 on 500+ Clients, and the KB fix is a manual operation, there are no automatic deployment options for it.