GogoPogo

KIS 2016 invalid certificate: b.scorecardresearch.com

Recently upgraded two computers from KIS 2015 to 2016 when prompted by the program.

Now seeing the following KIS popup when browsing web sites:

post-182318-1452978590_thumb.png

post-182318-1452978604_thumb.png

Is this a false positive or a genuine detection that I should be concerned about?

How do I fix it or stop it?

Thanks for your help.

:)

I'm getting the same popups and sure would like it to go away.

Anyone have an idea how to stop this???

Welcome. Please pass your mouse cursor over the red K tray icon and tell us the full, complete name and version number of your Kaspersky product.

Hello

I recently got a new PC and started using a VPN. We transferred the old licence # of our Kaspersky and notice that as soon as I log on to my home page on Chrome, it gives me a dialog box that says it can't authenticate the internet certificate and asks if I want to continue or disconnect.

Can someone explain why that happens and what exactly that means? If I click disconnect, all websites come "not secure" before the webpage address, If I click continue, I get the Windows 10 message telling me it needs permission.

Thanks

Edited by rodiy2k
typo

Can you post a screenshot of that error message? It should have a URL visible in that popup. What is it?

On 7/25/2017 at 11:30 PM, Whizard said:

Can you post a screenshot of that error message? It should have a URL visible in that popup. What is it?

Can you please help ?

Hi i am browsing for a while and see "invalid certificate error" too many times in legit sites like clarovideo or netflix or in another not legit like pelis24 ¿How can i minimize that alerts i always choose disconct but its very ... I dont like check I attach my reports

Reports.txt

Please verify that you had installed all plugins into Chrome including the certificate file provided by Kaspersky product.

same here, its pissing me off... won't take long for me to abandon kaspersky at this rate.

18 hours ago, Whizard said:

Please verify that you had installed all plugins into Chrome including the certificate file provided by Kaspersky product.

what certificate file?  It's doing this every time I watch a video 

totally useless for chrome and same thing happens in FF, so its highly unlikely that 2 separate browsers would have the same issue and not be a bug

There is a certificate in the Kaspersky install Program Folder that you need to manually install in Chrome / Firefox trusted store. 

Alternatively you can switch OFF SSL scanning in the KIS / KAV program options. 

Also can you please collect GSI Log and post the URL here from the machines that are problematic.

Thanks!

Also, Chrome uses the Windows Store/Repository for Certificates, so to install KL Root Certificate for IE/Edge/Chrome, just double click over the certificate and follow the steps to install, in the end the certificate should be placed in section: Trusted Root Certification Authorities

You should only have there 1 KL Root Certificate (avoid duplicates form previous Kaspersky installations) and always from the current Kaspersky product.

2 hours ago, harlan4096 said:

Also, Chrome uses the Windows Store/Repository for Certificates, so to install KL Root Certificate for IE/Edge/Chrome, just double click over the certificate and follow the steps to install, in the end the certificate should be placed in section: Trusted Root Certification Authorities

You should only have there 1 KL Root Certificate (avoid duplicates form previous Kaspersky installations) and always from the current Kaspersky product.

Pardon my jumping in but your post caught my attention. I just checked and I have 11 instances of "Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal Root Certificate" listed in both the Microsoft Management Console (Win 7 - x64) and in Chrome's Certificate listing. They all have varying expiration dates and the MMC version has one with an "Intended Purpose" of "Server Authentication" with the rest showing as "<All>". Am I correct to presume that your statement regarding only having 1 KL Root Certificate applies to my situation or have I got it all wrong? I've run a variety of Kaspersky (KIS) products since I built the computer in 2012, including some beta versions. If I am correct in that I have old certificate versions present then what is the best and safest way to eliminate the extras? To resolve the issue of extra KL Certificates my initial thought was:

1. Uninstall the current version of KIS.
2. Reboot
3. Log on as administrator
4. Run MMC and delete any remaining instances of "Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal Root Certificate" listed in the "Trusted Root Certification Authorities" Certificates section.
5. Reboot
6. Re-install KIS from the administrator account
7. Reboot to the administrator account
8. Use MMC to see if the KL Root certificate is present. If not, re-install the KL Root Certificate as you described in your quote.

Your thoughts and guidance is appreciated.

As I said, delete them all! and install the KL Root Certificate of the current Kaspersky product installed on system :)

40 minutes ago, harlan4096 said:

As I said, delete them all! and install the KL Root Certificate of the current Kaspersky product installed on system :)

The one that had the "Server Authentication" listed as an "Intended Purpose" threw me off as I wasn't sure of the source of that entry. After deleting them all with MMC and following your instructions it turns out that there is now one entry and that is the one with the "Server Authentication" label. I'm using KIS 2018. Thanks again!

Edited by DavePDX
Clarification of the single entry source (KIS 2018)

all of these answers are way over my head. I am not some techhie millenial geek; I just want to know in simple terms why the b.scorecardreaserch.com certifictae comes up with the message, what, if anything to do about it, and whether it does or doesn't mean I can click "continue" and still be fully protected

Are there any non geeks that can answer that for someone as dumb as me?

Thanks

On 7/31/2017 at 9:17 PM, Whizard said:

So much for this suggestion. See below

Google made a change in Chrome 57 that removes options from the browser to manage plugins such as Google Widevine, Adobe Flash, or the Chrome PDF Viewer.

6 hours ago, DavePDX said:

Pardon my jumping in but your post caught my attention. I just checked and I have 11 instances of "Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal Root Certificate" listed in both the Microsoft Management Console (Win 7 - x64) and in Chrome's Certificate listing. They all have varying expiration dates and the MMC version has one with an "Intended Purpose" of "Server Authentication" with the rest showing as "<All>". Am I correct to presume that your statement regarding only having 1 KL Root Certificate applies to my situation or have I got it all wrong? I've run a variety of Kaspersky (KIS) products since I built the computer in 2012, including some beta versions. If I am correct in that I have old certificate versions present then what is the best and safest way to eliminate the extras? To resolve the issue of extra KL Certificates my initial thought was:

1. Uninstall the current version of KIS.
2. Reboot
3. Log on as administrator
4. Run MMC and delete any remaining instances of "Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal Root Certificate" listed in the "Trusted Root Certification Authorities" Certificates section.
5. Reboot
6. Re-install KIS from the administrator account
7. Reboot to the administrator account
8. Use MMC to see if the KL Root certificate is present. If not, re-install the KL Root Certificate as you described in your quote.

Your thoughts and guidance is appreciated.

yeah this is great for all of you Silicon Valley tecchies.

For the rest of us, this is gibberish. I've now played with everything I read in this thread (not your reply as I don't understand it) and while I now have an understanding of what SSL is as well as Kaspersky's URL Adviser, all I can tell is that if I disable the URL adviser it defeats the purpose of having the Kaspersky to begin with. I have gained no understanding of how to easily either add this one certificate that comes up on Chrome startup (Yahoo Finance is my home page) to some trusted certificate list in Chrome or Kaspersky, determine if it really is invalid/fraudulent/a real threat or I determine why I get this error message but can't fix it without being a developer, IT guy, an internet generation young adult or tech savvy geek.

If anyone out there can help an average computer user figure out what I should do in layman's terms, please help.

Also getting this problem for several days every time I log into ebay.uk and now my local county court website, using IE.

On 8/2/2017 at 1:41 PM, cajef said:

Also getting this problem for several days every time I log into ebay.uk and now my local county court website, using IE.

same problem here on firefox with netflix

they need to fix this because on kis 2017 was no problem

Edited by MirceaForce
yes