Sign in to follow this  
aehrlich

6.0.2.678 kills Intel-WiFi

WXPPro SP2, Intel Centrino, 2200BG + Intel driver and application (package 10.5.0.1), Outpost Firewall 3.51, MS VirtualPC 2004.

KAV WKS 6.0.2.675 rus had been installed ("anti-virus features only"), everything had worked.

I removed the old KAV keeping every setting that was available for keeping, installed KAV WKS 6.0.2.678 rus (custom, chose only the components corresponding to "anti-virus only", i.e. did not install anti-hacker, anti-spam, anti-phishing, also excluded admin connector).

KAV worked fine after reboot but Intel PROSet/Wireless told that there were no supported network adapters. In the list of wireless connection's services there was present "Kaspersky NDIS driver" or smth like this (cannot tell if it was there with version 6.0.2.675). The only way to make network connection operational again (besides uninstalling KAV) was to uncheck this NDIS driver (the network management applications froze, though) and reboot. After reboot the network was fine; sometimes it was possible to "check the NDIS driver back on" and keep network operational until reboot; sometimes the network tools hung after checking instead.

All KAV setups were made locally and standalone, without adminkit.

hello

please psot in the correct section, 678 is not a beta.

Oh, really? I thought that until official launch (April 02 AFAIK) it is still in beta status (or at least not expected to be dealt with by techsupport) so I am sorry for misposting ;-/.

Again the problem with WKS 6.0.2.678 and network. I would be please to have the discussion in the englisch forum so that other admins that are not able to read russian could participate in the discussion. At least it would be nice to get an update what was discussed in the russian forum.

thx

Well, so far:

I've uninstalled the "Kaspersky NDIS driver" in the connection properties and the network is operational now (just unchecking the driver for a network adapter affects only this one so when I unchecked it for WiFi my LAN was still failing; an alternative to "uninstall" would be unchecking the driver for all adapters one-by-one).

However, some tell that their situation is quite opposite: their network was broken without this driver and it was the driver that made things work:

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showt...ndpost&p=304717,

this message is in Russian.

There also exists a FAQ item about KAV6 (not KIS!) and Outpost:

http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=193239370 (in English); I did not apply the instructions, however.

Currently a member of the development team asks some questions but no "official" recommendations yet.

Edited by aehrlich

Thx for the summery! I've had different issues with the NDIS driver.Óne client was working when I disabled NDIS, another client just after uninstalling the driver (or Kaspersky). But I'm sure that it has something to do with this driver.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.