luanlucas

Device Control and KSM [Not a bug]

Hi,

I'm using KSC 10.3.295, NA 10.3.295, KES 10.2.4.649 and KSM 10.5.112.7263.

First suggestion would be to fix the error in Device Control, in Trusted Devices more specifically. When I try to find a device to add as a Trusted Device using the ID within the informations that was generated by device block event the research does not bring anything. The only way I can find the device is using its name or searching by host name.

Second suggestion would be add the possibility to add websites by using wildcards (*) in Web Protection of Kaspersky Security for Mobile when the option selected is "Only listed websites are allowed". Currently the only way I can do that is specifying each web site, but it would take a huge work in case, for example to allow every web site within kaspersky domain.

Thank you.

Regards,

Luan

Hi,

First suggestion would be to fix the error in Device Control, in Trusted Devices more specifically. When I try to find a device to add as a Trusted Device using the ID within the informations that was generated by device block event the research does not bring anything. The only way I can find the device is using its name or searching by host name.

Second suggestion would be add the possibility to add websites by using wildcards (*) in Web Protection of Kaspersky Security for Mobile when the option selected is "Only listed websites are allowed". Currently the only way I can do that is specifying each web site, but it would take a huge work in case, for example to allow every web site within kaspersky domain.

Thank you.

Regards,

Luan

Hello.

Please collect Server + Console traces while reproducing the first scenario and describe it step by step, including the value you enter into the text field, the expected and the actual search result.

The second scenario is part of KSM functionality, which is out of scope for current testing.

Thank you.

Hello.

Please collect Server + Console traces while reproducing the first scenario and describe it step by step, including the value you enter into the text field, the expected and the actual search result.

The second scenario is part of KSM functionality, which is out of scope for current testing.

Thank you.

Hi,

Please find the requested files in the following link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4d9ub4aw2dmg3it/...Akvw9pY8Ia?dl=0 . The steps are represented by means of 3 pictures, if you still have doubts, please tell me and I will try to explain in a better way.

Sorry, I've executed Console Trace but I couldn't find any trace.

Thank you.

Regards,

Luan

Edited by luanlucas

Hi,

Could you kindly update KSC to beta2 version 10.3.303 and check whether the problem still persists?

BR

Hi,

Could you kindly update KSC to beta2 version 10.3.303 and check whether the problem still persists?

BR

Hi,

I made the update yesterday to KSC version 10.3.303 and the problem still happens.

Just a little note, if I make the research using Device Name I get the correct result, however Device Name is not shown when a Device is connected and an event is created.

Thank you.

Regards,

Luan

Edited by luanlucas

Hi,

I made the update yesterday to KSC version 10.3.303 and the problem still happens.

Just a little note, if I make the research using Device Name I get the correct result, however Device Name is not shown when a Device is connected and an event is created.

Thank you.

Regards,

Luan

Please describe the whole scenario step-by-step illustrating every step by screen shots.

Thank you.

Please describe the whole scenario step-by-step illustrating every step by screen shots.

Thank you.

Hi,

I need release access to some devices in my company using its ID, to do this I go to Trusted Devices option in Device Control. When I research in a general way, searching all devices detected, it works perfectly (Trusted_Devices_Interface.jpg) but when I specify an ID no devices are returned (First_Search.jpg and Second_Search.jpg).

Thank you.

Regards,

Luan

post-575933-1450873415_thumb.jpg

post-575933-1450873421_thumb.jpg

post-575933-1450873427_thumb.jpg

Hi,

I need release access to some devices in my company using its ID, to do this I go to Trusted Devices option in Device Control. When I research in a general way, searching all devices detected, it works perfectly (Trusted_Devices_Interface.jpg) but when I specify an ID no devices are returned (First_Search.jpg and Second_Search.jpg).

Thank you.

Regards,

Luan

Now the scenario is absolutely clear.

Please collect GSI utility report from client machine where these devices are located and collect console and server traces during the problem reproduction.

Thank you.

Now the scenario is absolutely clear.

Please collect GSI utility report from client machine where these devices are located and collect console and server traces during the problem reproduction.

Thank you.

Hi,

Please find the requested files in the link https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4d9ub4aw2dmg3it/...Akvw9pY8Ia?dl=0. I'm sorry but I couldn't find console trace (klakcon.txt if I'm not mistaken)

Thank you.

Regards,

Luan

Edited by luanlucas

Please explain how did you collect console traces and where did you seek traces ?

Thank you.

Hi,

I have downloaded trace_console-4.zip from http://support.kaspersky.com/9323, executed console-4-x64-ON (O.S. is 64 bits) and searched in Kaspersky Security Center folder.

Regards,

Luan

Hi,

Is it true, that console traces were not generated?

Thank you!

Hi,

Yes, I think so. As I said, I've executed console-4-x64-ON and searched for klakcon.txt file in Kaspersky Security Center folder but I couldn't find it.

Regards,

Luan

Hi,

Yes, I think so. As I said, I've executed console-4-x64-ON and searched for klakcon.txt file in Kaspersky Security Center folder but I couldn't find it.

Regards,

Luan

Hi,

The file is located in the Administration Console installation folder. Are you able to navigate to the Administration Console installation folder and run dir /s > myfile.txt command with providing us the output?

Thank You!

Hi,

The file is located in the Administration Console installation folder. Are you able to navigate to the Administration Console installation folder and run dir /s > myfile.txt command with providing us the output?

Thank You!

Hi,

In the server where Kaspersky Security Center is installed do I have a separated folder to Administration Console? If I do, could you tell me the path, please?

Regards,

Luan

Hi,

In the server where Kaspersky Security Center is installed do I have a separated folder to Administration Console? If I do, could you tell me the path, please?

Regards,

Luan

Yes, it should be in Kaspersky Security Center folder. Did you Restart the Administration Console after enabling/disabling trace file generation? Please try to execute 32bit start and stop reg file just in case.

Thank You!

Yes, it should be in Kaspersky Security Center folder. Did you Restart the Administration Console after enabling/disabling trace file generation? Please try to execute 32bit start and stop reg file just in case.

Thank You!

Hi,

Sorry for the trouble, I just restarted Administration Console and the file was created and I made all the necessary tests. Please find it in the following link https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4d9ub4aw2dmg3it/...Akvw9pY8Ia?dl=0.

Regards,

Luan

Hi,

Sorry for the trouble, I just restarted Administration Console and the file was created and I made all the necessary tests. Please find it in the following link https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4d9ub4aw2dmg3it/...Akvw9pY8Ia?dl=0.

Regards,

Luan

Hi,

Issue 1560263:[bETA] When specify an ID no devices are returned in Add trusted devices by ID search

was submitted and currently assigned to our developers.

Thank You!

Hi,

Thank you.

Regards,

Luan

Hello.

According to the developer, both cases represent designed behaviour of the software (e.g. only Device name field is searchable). Suggestions may be submitted for future releases using CompanyAccount, but are out of the scope of the current testing.

Thank you.

Hello.

According to the developer, both cases represent designed behaviour of the software (e.g. only Device name field is searchable). Suggestions may be submitted for future releases using CompanyAccount, but are out of the scope of the current testing.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thank you for the answer. I have only one doubt, how could I search by Device name if this field is not shown on the event which belongs to inserting/blocking devices?

Regards,

Luan

Hi,

If user send a request to allow access to device you will get an event in the KSC -> Reports and notifications -> Events -> User requests.

Request will contain a device ID, computer and user names.

BR

Hi,

If user send a request to allow access to device you will get an event in the KSC -> Reports and notifications -> Events -> User requests.

Request will contain a device ID, computer and user names.

BR

Hi,

Thank you for your support!

Regards,

Luan

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.