I use Chrome and currently have both the Adblocker and Kaspersky extensions installed.

I often see the message "Waiting for extension Adblocker" in the Chrome notification area.

Do I really need Adblocker since Kaspersky Intenet Security 2016 seems to also provide this functionality?

Edited by sc489

I use Chrome and currently have both the Adblocker and Kaspersky extensions installed.

I often see the message "Waiting for extension Adblocker" in the Chrome notification area.

Do I really need Adblocker since Kaspersky Intenet Security 2016 seems to also provide this functionality?

Hi,

Also,

If you would like to add some more "junk" to your browsers use "ad-blocker plus"

If you did not have any Kaspersky Security installed on your pc ad block plus is a "free app" so "individuals" will "promote" it as their favorite.

I am of the opinion if you are using Kaspersky 2016 you do not need ad-blocker plus" as you have a default Kaspersky "anti-banner ad blocker" installed which you can "train" to block "all adds" actually works better than "ad-blocker plus" also less 'junk' added to your browser slowing it down to a crawl.

:supercool:

Hi,

Also,

If you would like to add some more "junk" to your browsers use "ad-blocker plus"

If you did not have any Kaspersky Security installed on your pc ad block plus is a "free app" so "individuals" will "promote" it as their favorite.

I am of the opinion if you are using Kaspersky 2016 you do not need ad-blocker plus" as you have a default Kaspersky "anti-banner ad blocker" installed which you can "train" to block "all adds" actually works better than "ad-blocker plus" also less 'junk' added to your browser slowing it down to a crawl.

:supercool:

Does your advice only apply to KIS, and not to KAV?

Does your advice only apply to KIS, and not to KAV?

Hi that is my opinion only I cannot tell you to use it or not, figure it out for yourself. :aa:

For some times/situations even with Kaspersky Anti-Banner module enabled is not enough, I usually use "uBlock Origin" in my Mozilla FireFox ;)

The original poster has not replied to the copious and somewhat contentious discussion that has ensued upon the opening of this topic regarding third-party browser extension. Therefor, this topic is amicably closed. :)