daniel.bosshard

Installation Error (missing SCBackup Folder rights) [Bug 1339390]

Hello,

I wanted to install KSC 10 SP2 Beta 2 but right at the second step when I choose the option to create backup copy of Administration Server after clicking next it gives me the error "The NETWORK SERVICE account does not have write access to the selected folder for storage of backup copies."

If I don't choose this option (what I don't want) it continues to the next step.

I tried to give this folder different permissions (including "Everyone" Full) without success.

It's an Update from KSC 10 SP1 Patch d, SCBackup is enabled in the current configuration.

I can send you Support collector log when you give me a place where to upload.

Thanks,

Daniel

post-283316-1449154630_thumb.png

Hello,

I wanted to install KSC 10 SP2 Beta 2 but right at the second step when I choose the option to create backup copy of Administration Server after clicking next it gives me the error "The NETWORK SERVICE account does not have write access to the selected folder for storage of backup copies."

If I don't choose this option (what I don't want) it continues to the next step.

I tried to give this folder different permissions (including "Everyone" Full) without success.

It's an Update from KSC 10 SP1 Patch d, SCBackup is enabled in the current configuration.

I can send you Support collector log when you give me a place where to upload.

Thanks,

Daniel

Hello,

we need the full set of installation logs and GSI utility report (including Windows event log).

Thank you.

Hello,

I have he requested files, but where can I upload them?

Thanks

Hi,

We have created an FTP account for you. Please check your PM for details.

Thank You!

Hello,

I have he requested files, but where can I upload them?

Thanks

Hi,

Could you please also provide

$klserver-setup-YYYY-MM-DD-HH-MM-SS.log

$klserver-install-YYYY-MM-DD-HH-MM-SS.log

$klssinstlib.log

as mentioned here.

Also I would like to clarify how much time did you wait after applied the mentioned permissions, could it be that it took some replication time and they were not applied yet at that time?

Thank You!

Hi,

Could you please also provide

$klserver-setup-YYYY-MM-DD-HH-MM-SS.log

$klserver-install-YYYY-MM-DD-HH-MM-SS.log

$klssinstlib.log

as mentioned here.

Also I would like to clarify how much time did you wait after applied the mentioned permissions, could it be that it took some replication time and they were not applied yet at that time?

Thank You!

Hi,

I've uploaded the requested files. There was no new $klserver-install* file, please watch the creation dates of the uploaded files.

Ufter changing permissions I rebootet the server and I tried yesterday again with the same error.

Thank You!

Hi,

Could you please provide us with a screenshot that shows permissions to that folder?

Could you please confirm that if this step is skipped than installation completes successfully?

Thnk you!

Hi,

Could you please provide us with a screenshot that shows permissions to that folder?

Could you please confirm that if this step is skipped than installation completes successfully?

Thnk you!

Hi,

I've uploaded the requested screenshot.

When skipping this step I can continue the installation but I never tried to finish it as I wnat you to get a chance to resolve this issue and I don't have an urgent need to install the beta 2.

Thank you

Daniel

post-283316-1450167905_thumb.png

Hi,

I've uploaded the requested screenshot.

When skipping this step I can continue the installation but I never tried to finish it as I wnat you to get a chance to resolve this issue and I don't have an urgent need to install the beta 2.

Thank you

Daniel

Hello,

Bug 1339390

Thank you.

Hello,

Bug 1339390

Thank you.

Hi,

one last question, is this Backup configuration for backing up the old KSC10 configuration for rollback or is it to create the new KSC10 Beta 2 scheduled backup task?

Thanks,

Daniel

Hi,

one last question, is this Backup configuration for backing up the old KSC10 configuration for rollback or is it to create the new KSC10 Beta 2 scheduled backup task?

Thanks,

Daniel

This backup is for the old KSC for rollback.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks,

Daniel

Hello,

we got a reply :

it is necessary to provide the Network Service account the permission to read and to write to the specified folder, because Network Service account is not included in the group Everyone, and still is not part of the Users group and Administrators.

If you use SQL, installed on the remote machine, then the path to the backup folder must be specified as a UNC-path.

Thank you.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.