Under Settings>Scan I would recommend ‘Prompt for action’, you never now, it may be a ‘false positive’.

Further you can play around a bit and see witch setting you like best.

But as base setting it’s OK.

Are these good settings for kaspersky antivirus 6 i found them in a forum. here's the link

Tell me what you guys think about it

http://www.drtweak.com/index.php?topic=150.msg415#msg415

It depends on what kind of user you are and what level of security you want, this tuturial does disable some of the PDM options, but are at the same time carefully made to annoy the user as little as it is possble with a secure setup..

Personally if i were a normal computer user would simply select basic during the install and keep the default recommended settings everywhere unless there is something specific you need to tweak to work better in your setup.

If i was very good determining what alerts are telling me when Kaspersky detects something with the PDM, then i would select the interactivemode during the install. :)

I always use Prompt for action when the scan is complete for the scanner. I can't stand it when KAV detects some riskware I know I have, and stops the scan. I scan while I'm away, and I want to come back to see the scan complete, not at 23% and stuck on one file that isn't a problem.

I also think configuring either the real-time or the on-demand scanner to automatically delete upon detection is just asking for trouble.

Hi Lucas22, that's my website and those settings were mainly designed for the set and forget mentality. I know a lot people complain that those settings may remove some things that you might want to keep. It is very easy to add something it detected to the trusted zone and then restore it from backup, so there is really no need to worry about KAV removing things improperly. In any case, try the settings and see if you like them then customize things to your liking.

:D

Hi Lucas22, that's my website[...]

Sorry for the off-topic:

2 Dr Tweak:

When I try to connect to your site, I get this:

Mysterious Reason (Apache Error 403)

There was an unexplained error in retrieving your requested file. You may wish to try again from our main page, or contact the site administrator with any additional details about what you did to reach this error message. Your IP has been logged and emailed to the site administrators

Hi, Dr Tweak!

I've been trying to get to your site, but I get this error all the time. Could it be that the NAT ip-address of my ISP [87.240.1.15] is on a black list or something? I can't contact the site administrator either... :unsure:

P.S.: My browser is Firefox with scripts, flash player, and cookies disabled. I get this message not only with this link, but also for the whole domain.

Paul

Edited by p2u

I always did get the same error, but now for some reason it works fine.

The only thing I changed is stop using a hosts file, but………

Sorry for the off-topic:

2 Dr Tweak:

When I try to connect to your site, I get this:

Hi, Dr Tweak!

I've been trying to get to your site, but I get this error all the time. Could it be that the NAT ip-address of my ISP [87.240.1.15] is on a black list or something? I can't contact the site administrator either... :unsure:

P.S.: My browser is Firefox with scripts, flash player, and cookies disabled. I get this message not only with this link, but also for the whole domain.

Paul

Hi Paul, it might be that your IP has been banned, not yours specifcally but the range yours is in. I get A LOT of spammers and the forum software I use doesn't have very good tools to help block spammers so I block certain countries and IPs. I'll check my block list today and if yours is in there I'll change it.

P.S. Thanks for the compliments on my site guys. B)

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.