Hello everyone,

This is a known problem [bug: 1268652]. It will be fixed in MR1 patch, which will be released in January (hopefully). As a temporary solution please either delete Trusteer or use beta-version:

http://devbuilds.kaspersky-labs.com/KAVKIS...6.0.1.445%20RC/

Codes and other info regarding beta-version can be found here: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=161942

Please can you advise when MR1 will be available, currently I cannot do any banking online! I cannot remove Trusteer and I must use IE11.

Hello everyone,

This is a known problem [bug: 1268652]. It will be fixed in MR1 patch, which will be released in January (hopefully). As a temporary solution please either delete Trusteer or use beta-version:

http://devbuilds.kaspersky-labs.com/KAVKIS...6.0.1.445%20RC/

Codes and other info regarding beta-version can be found here: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=161942

I had the same issue of getting double typed characters when using Trusteer Raport along with KIS 2016. I removed Trusteer Raport and the problem stopped.

I recently had to reload Win7 32 bit and it was a totally clean install with a purchased Win7 disc with no manufacturer bloatware and the only extra software was Malwarebytes and I've just had the double character typing happen again. I've removed Malwarebytes and will monitor the situation. For those who would prefer to rely on Trusteer Raport rather than KIS I'd say read the independent tests.

Please can you advise when MR1 will be available, currently I cannot do any banking online! I cannot remove Trusteer and I must use IE11.

Hello,

Please contact Technical Support @ center.kaspersky.com and tell me number of incident via PM.

Hello,

Please contact Technical Support @ center.kaspersky.com and tell me number of incident via PM.

Yesterday I installed MR 1 KIS 16.0.1.445, initially my banking worked and today I have the double letter issue again. I have disabled safe money and SDI and disabled the IE add ons. But to no avail. Also sent email today as requested.

Hello, RustyM!

Please tell me number of your request to Technical Support. It should look like INC000000xxx

Hello, RustyM!

Please tell me number of your request to Technical Support. It should look like INC000000xxx

Sorry I do not have an incident number, I was having same problem that was identified as a "known bug" when I emailed as requested the email waited three days and then got bounced. Can you email me directly?

Edited by RustyM

I have the same issue in both IE11 and Firefox with SafeMoney, Onscreen keyboard and browser addons disabled.

Windows 10 Home x64 Build 10586

Kaspersky Internet Security 2016 16.0.1.445

Thank you for your interest and response. Yes, I do have Trusteer Rapport installed, but I regard it as important. The very bank (First Direct) for which I need to use IE11, is the bank that has supplied Trusteer Rapport via their website. I would be happy to use KIS2016 if the disabling of "Safe Money" and "Secure Data Input" functioned as it ought to. This is the first time I have used "paid-for" security software in many years, and I didn't expect problems of this nature. I hadn't had any lack of security problems with the free software I used before, but I thought I would try and improve security further by using PC Pro's recommendation.

Hi,

Here is how I fixed the problem for my Kaspersky Total Security 2016: (on Chrome)

go to kaspersky

open Settings (the little geard at the bottom left)

click on "Additional" (last menu option)

click on "Secure Data Input" (Secure Data Input Settings)

click on "Secure Keyboard Input"

uncheck : Enable Secure Keyboard Input

problem solved for me

Edited by adominguez

I found that the problem usually occurred when 2 or more protected browser or Windows (Not tab) are opened.

Example:

2 IE

1 Chrome and 1 IE

2 Firefox

1 Firefox and 1 Chrome

1 Firefox, 2 Chrome

Note: Including pop up screen.

Just close the rest, leave only 1 window and the problem solved.

Anyway this is a bug to me.

Using IE or Chrome (but not Edge or Firefox) I found that any password field on any website (ie that displays * as a password mask) would do repeat keystrokes. Problem could be overcome by using the Windows 10 on-screen keyboard or the faff of pressing backspace after each keystroke. Have read on this forum that disabling Secure Data Input in Kaspersky Settings resolves the problem and so it proved. The problem hasn't come back even after I re-enabled Secure Data Input. The problem was originally intermittent but in recent months has become solid so hopefully this one has now gone away. Have also read on this forum that using one browser only resolves things but that's not a solution as for various reasons I need 2 browsers open simultaneously.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.