Hi there,

I'm having a strange problem. In my Internet Explorer 11 when I want to login to HSBC website, all keystrokes enter double letters. Thing is in the address bar its working fine, in google search it's working fine, in the login for paypal it's working fine. :/

I disabled the Web Antivirus, ran the IE without any Add Ons, I disabled in Settings - Additional -> Secure Data Input all settings.

If I try to use Chrome, it's working fine. :/ If I Exit Kaspersky Security, it works fine.

I'm stumped, can anyone assist with this please?

Thank you.

Hi Jakub,

I'm experiencing exactly the same error and tried exactly the same work-arounds as you. I haven't tried using Chrome as yet, but this should work for IE11 as it's not exactly an unusual web browser.

I had to type my banking details into notepad and the copy and paste them into IE in order to login. This was with HSBC and the Birmingham Midshires Building Society.

Slightly off topic, but I'm also experiencing very slow web browsing using IE 11 and Firefox, almost to the point where it's unusable.

I didn't have any of these problems with KIS 2015.

Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks.

Hi Keith,

I have exactly the same issues with Firefox. I have tried turning off automatic the protection extensions and disabling the plug-in, turning off the privacy settings, cleared out the cache etc, but nothing seems to help. It starts out OK, but then gets slower and slower until it is unusable.

Restarting the browser helps, but that shouldn't be necessary, and it quickly slows to a crawl again. I have the latest version of Firefox running on fully patched Windows 7 Pro. This is with only one tab open.

I'll try adjusting a few more setting and see if it improves things. I didn't have these issues with KIS 2015.

Another update....

I tried to login to HSBC online banking and noticed that the field where you input your user ID has the same problem even though this is not a password field (ie. the letters you type are displayed, rather than dots for characters).

When typing in this field either two letters appear for one input from the keyboard, or repeatedly pressing of the same key results in consecutive letters of the alphabet being displayed (a then b then c etc.).

I'll do some more testing tonight, but my patience is running a bit thin TBH.

Welcome. Firefox slower and slower and slower....

Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the fifth (5th) Important topic.

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.

I see there is more of you out there.. but no solution. :/ We will be canceling the licence and going for other solution. Something that takes over the computer almost the same way as malware does is not security that I want to have installed. :/ Shame, been with Kaspersky for quite a few years.

I see there is more of you out there.. but no solution. :/ We will be canceling the licence and going for other solution. Something that takes over the computer almost the same way as malware does is not security that I want to have installed. :/ Shame, been with Kaspersky for quite a few years.

I cannot help with a solution but my experience may help you decide where your problem lies. I have KIS2016 and use Chrome. I used to log into online banking via Chrome and the bank's own security and it worked fine. I then switched to Safemoney and Kaspersky's virtual keyboard and it also worked fine and still works fine

My bank is a different bank from yours. You must decide where the problem lies but it may be premature to blame KIS 2016. It clearly works with my bank and both with and without the SafeMoney option.

I hope this helps

mikethebike

In addition to what mikethebike indicates in the post above this post,

Please contact Tech Support: https://my.kaspersky.com/en/support/helpdesk

Please attach the following items to your Tech Support request:

a. Description of the issue.

b. Screenshot, as needed.

c. GSI

I have just seen an identical problem on a colleague's PC running the latest (8th December '15) download of KIS.

It only happens on banking websites, and goes away if KIS is de-installed.

Whether Safe Money is on or off appears irrelevant.

Two questions for OP Jakub W.:

- are numbers as well as characters repeated? (sounds odd, but my colleague's PC only repeats characters, and only when keying in a userid or password, and only when logging on to a banking site)

- are you using additional banking-site protection software such as Trusteer Rapport?

I have just seen an identical problem on a colleague's PC running the latest (8th December '15) download of KIS.

It only happens on banking websites, and goes away if KIS is de-installed.

Whether Safe Money is on or off appears irrelevant.

Two questions for OP Jakub W.:

- are numbers as well as characters repeated? (sounds odd, but my colleague's PC only repeats characters, and only when keying in a userid or password, and only when logging on to a banking site)

- are you using additional banking-site protection software such as Trusteer Rapport?

Addendum:

The PC concerned was found to have Trusteer Rapport installed and the bank concerned was HSBC. When Trusteer was removed, the problem went away.Reinstall Trusteer, the problem comes back. 100% replicable

The incompatibilities between Trusteer and KIS are well documented elsewhere on this forum, but the 'repeated characters' appears to be a new one.

Another sufferer here, and a new convert to Kas.

Using my normal keyboard or K's virtual one, the result is the same. I can work around it for passwords by Backspacing after each character input. But why should I have to?

Then I tried inputting a bank sort code, 2 digits in each box with automatic movement to next box. Each digit I input had a random character appended to it !!

This was all in IE11 with a new install of W10 on a pretty clean machine. I'm going back to Maxthon until this problem is sorted. I didn't pay good money to be a Beta tester for flaky S/W.

I installed KIS 2016 on a brand new Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 some days ago - so a clean machine. I have to use IE11 for one of my banking websites. This double character entry in the username field (I don't even get as far as the password) renders IE11 unusable for banking. The first typed character is followed by an "a" inserted by KIS, the second typed character is followed by a "b" inserted by KIS, and so on with "c", "d" etc. What is very disturbing is that after a complete uninstall (after which IE11 works fine with my banking) and re-install, disabling "Safe Money" and "Secure data Input" has no effect and the KIS keyboard icon still appears in the banking sign-on field in IE11, and the double character entry occurs again.

Reading the various forums, this appears to have been a problem in one form or another for a very long time, with little action or information from Kaspersky. I have wasted a lot of time trying to use Kaspersky, even in reduced functionality. I have given up and will revert back to Avast Antivirus and Windows Firewall, and will be asking for a refund of my licence fee early in the New Year. It's a shame, Kaspersky has an excellent write up in PC Pro, and offer a full package for both PC and MacBook.

I installed KIS 2016 on a brand new Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 some days ago - so a clean machine. I have to use IE11 for one of my banking websites. This double character entry in the username field (I don't even get as far as the password) renders IE11 unusable for banking. The first typed character is followed by an "a" inserted by KIS, the second typed character is followed by a "b" inserted by KIS, and so on with "c", "d" etc. What is very disturbing is that after a complete uninstall (after which IE11 works fine with my banking) and re-install, disabling "Safe Money" and "Secure data Input" has no effect and the KIS keyboard icon still appears in the banking sign-on field in IE11, and the double character entry occurs again.

Reading the various forums, this appears to have been a problem in one form or another for a very long time, with little action or information from Kaspersky. I have wasted a lot of time trying to use Kaspersky, even in reduced functionality. I have given up and will revert back to Avast Antivirus and Windows Firewall, and will be asking for a refund of my licence fee early in the New Year. It's a shame, Kaspersky has an excellent write up in PC Pro, and offer a full package for both PC and MacBook.

Do you have also have Trusteer Rapport installed ("as recommended by your bank!") ?

Thank you for your interest and response. Yes, I do have Trusteer Rapport installed, but I regard it as important. The very bank (First Direct) for which I need to use IE11, is the bank that has supplied Trusteer Rapport via their website. I would be happy to use KIS2016 if the disabling of "Safe Money" and "Secure Data Input" functioned as it ought to. This is the first time I have used "paid-for" security software in many years, and I didn't expect problems of this nature. I hadn't had any lack of security problems with the free software I used before, but I thought I would try and improve security further by using PC Pro's recommendation.

Thank you for your interest and response. Yes, I do have Trusteer Rapport installed, but I regard it as important. The very bank (First Direct) for which I need to use IE11, is the bank that has supplied Trusteer Rapport via their website. I would be happy to use KIS2016 if the disabling of "Safe Money" and "Secure Data Input" functioned as it ought to. This is the first time I have used "paid-for" security software in many years, and I didn't expect problems of this nature. I hadn't had any lack of security problems with the free software I used before, but I thought I would try and improve security further by using PC Pro's recommendation.

KIS and Trusteer Rapport appear to fight each other, rather like running two 'live' antivirus systems concurrently. It seem irrelevant whether "Safe Money" and/or "Secure Data Input" are enabled or not. Kaspersky are well aware of the problem, which manifests itself in various ways: slowdowns, input blocking and now repeating characters. Perhaps it is to be expected, as both products are trying to monitor what is typed and, more saliently, trying to prevent malware from intercepting what is typed.

Sometimes I also face this double letter issue. If it happens I close the browser and restart the banking session.

Hello everyone,

This is a known problem [bug: 1268652]. It will be fixed in MR1 patch, which will be released in January (hopefully). As a temporary solution please either delete Trusteer or use beta-version:

http://devbuilds.kaspersky-labs.com/KAVKIS...6.0.1.445%20RC/

Codes and other info regarding beta-version can be found here: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=161942

I am getting exactly the same problem. I also have Trusteer and have always used it instead of Safe Money.

Like others, I have tried switching off Safe Money and Private Browsing, and disabling Secure Keyboard, so I am assuming Trusteer to be the problem

Trusteer worked with KIS 2015 so why not with 2016? I would prefer to stick with my bank's recommended software .

I have exactly this issue, I use First Direct Banking and even with Secure Data Input disabled I cannot log on to Internet banking - I have just upgraded to KIS2016 - Had similar issues before with Safe Money - but disabled that. Have been with Kaspersky for years and would hate to have to switch. Can you confirm when the MR1 will be available? - I don't want to get into testing RC or BETA as I don't have time.

Edited by RustyM