ajay_s777

Yahoo Mail not compatible for Private Browsing

Hi,

I am currently using the KIS version i.e. 16.0.0.614 ( b ).

I am having this weird issue with the Private Browsing feature at the moment only for Yahoo Mail.

Either via Internet Explorer 11 or Firefox 41.0, after logging into Yahoo Mail successfully, whenever I click on the "Compose" button, nothing happens. Even if I click it several times nothing happens for "Several Minutes".

But when I 'switch off' the "Private Browsing" mode in the KIS Settings, the compose button works properly again.

{Either I have to switch it off and then refresh the yahoo mail page so that it works OR if I switch it off and then open the browser afresh and login to compose a mail-then also it works properly}

I can't keep switching off the said feature just to send mails properly via my Yahoo id !

Please also note, that I always keep the setting in Private Browsing as "Detect requests without blocking" and still it never works.

The usual steps of deleting temporary internet files, cookies, history etc won't apply here as I anyways have the habit of deleting them every browser session ending to keep my system maintained properly.

Please help.

Thanks & Regards,

Ajay

post-574226-1445147479_thumb.jpg

Sorry Ajay - no help for you!

But both my wife; running KIS 2015 + win7 HP Netbook, and myself - KIS 16.0.0.614 c - win7 pro PC have experienced those problems with Yahoo webmail's "Compose" & "Help" (Cog wheel) buttons with KIS 2016 and that switching off "Private Browsing" appears to be the only work around.

KIS 2015 it still remains a problem.

Now that the culprit seems to be identified I might re-install 2016 on the HP for the umpteenth time. :icon20:

Hi,

I am currently using the KIS version i.e. 16.0.0.614 ( b ).

I am having this weird issue with the Private Browsing feature at the moment only for Yahoo Mail.

Either via Internet Explorer 11 or Firefox 41.0, after logging into Yahoo Mail successfully, whenever I click on the "Compose" button, nothing happens. Even if I click it several times nothing happens for "Several Minutes".

But when I 'switch off' the "Private Browsing" mode in the KIS Settings, the compose button works properly again.

{Either I have to switch it off and then refresh the yahoo mail page so that it works OR if I switch it off and then open the browser afresh and login to compose a mail-then also it works properly}

I can't keep switching off the said feature just to send mails properly via my Yahoo id !

Please also note, that I always keep the setting in Private Browsing as "Detect requests without blocking" and still it never works.

The usual steps of deleting temporary internet files, cookies, history etc won't apply here as I anyways have the habit of deleting them every browser session ending to keep my system maintained properly.

Please help.

Thanks & Regards,

Ajay

Hi,

Private browsing mode is a setting on your Internet browser that disables tracking and data collection features.

It ensures privacy, but can cause major issues with things like "yahoo-e-mail' that needs to retain some cookies to operate properly.

If you want security in your "confidential Emails" you don’t use Yahoo for Email system.

It’s as simple as that.

Any “free” service that has access to tons of your personal info, like your emails, is probably mining it for advertising.

The best "security is "scan" your Emails in a separate application with "Kaspersky Internet Security"

:supercool:

Hi kojo+oi,

The screenshot attached show that I use Firefox :rolleyes:

I have also set my Privacy Settings in Firefox to use "Private Browsing" by default so that no cookies are saved. I want my hard drive to be free of such stupid things.

In private browsing, even if the setting is "Detect requests without blocking", The Yahoo mail compose feature doesn't work and that is what is irritating as it takes literally more than 10 minutes to open itself.

I had an issue in the past where a certain bank website didnt work properly due to Safe Money and it ended up discouraging me from using it (though I did find the work around later), still this is another useful feature, but such inconvenience are a real dampener.

I don't want to bother contacting Yahoo for them to tell me to get in touch with Kaspersky to resolve this issue ! Even for the bank website issue, I was told to contact Kaspersky and it was no use even there :dash1: until I found the workaround. .....

Edited by Ajay S

Hi wgcuser,

I wouldn't dare with the Re-Install, unless you just re-install. If you uninstall and install afresh and if the license data is not there in the hard drive, you have to enter the license # again. I believe Kaspersky has a policy to allow only a certain # of fresh installations with the same license # :ai: :blink:

Hi kojo+oi,

The screenshot attached show that I use Firefox :rolleyes:

I have also set my Privacy Settings in Firefox to use "Private Browsing" by default so that no cookies are saved. I want my hard drive to be free of such stupid things.

In private browsing, even if the setting is "Detect requests without blocking", The Yahoo mail compose feature doesn't work and that is what is irritating as it takes literally more than 10 minutes to open itself.

I had an issue in the past where a certain bank website didnt work properly due to Safe Money and it ended up discouraging me from using it (though I did find the work around later), still this is another useful feature, but such inconvenience are a real dampener.

I don't want to bother contacting Yahoo for them to tell me to get in touch with Kaspersky to resolve this issue ! Even for the bank website issue, I was told to contact Kaspersky and it was no use even there :dash1: until I found the workaround. .....

Hi,

It does not matter what "browser" you use " yahoo mail" will not work correctly in "private window" or any other browser private window.

That was my point you have missed.

:supercool:

Hi wgcuser,

I wouldn't dare with the Re-Install, unless you just re-install. If you uninstall and install afresh and if the license data is not there in the hard drive, you have to enter the license # again. I believe Kaspersky has a policy to allow only a certain # of fresh installations with the same license # :ai: :blink:

I agree with your comment :-

In private browsing, even if the setting is "Detect requests without blocking", The Yahoo mail compose feature doesn't work and that is what is irritating as it takes literally more than

10 minutes to open itself.

Kojo+oi -I've not observed any data security problems with Yahoo Mail - fingers crossed. More worried about TalkTalk my ISP!!

I'm going to leave things as they are on my wife's HP - It's a few years since I did an over the top install - and then got into all sorts of problems!

So now I remove with control panel + preserve the License. Then install from downloads already on HD.

All that is quite quick; the pain being the mega download of updates.

Not encountered any problems regarding the license (which I get - free - because I online bank with Barclays U.K.)

- but I've not exceeded my agreement to only apply to 3 machines.

Guys,

Noticed something crazy for some days.

The compose function in Yahoo Mail works properly when the Anti-Banner is "Disabled". :ai: :unsure: :bt:

Hello everyone,

That seems to be a false-detect.

Ajay S: Could you please provide traces for me. To do that:

1. Go to Support tab (located in the main window in the lower left) - Support Tools - Enable traces.

2. Close FF.

3. Open FF and go to your yahoo mail and make sure problem still reproduces.

4. Disable tracing.

5. Go to C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab, archive generated .log files and send me as PM.

By the way, does only 'Compose' feature fail to work? Or is there any other?

Hi Egor,

When I use the option "Send Message" in your profile, the attachment size is limited to 300KB. The attachment i.e. ZIP file is about 19.7MB. Not sure how much more I can compress with Winzip 19.0.

Also, strangely now there are no issues when Private Browsing and Anti-Banner are both active, as though nothing happened. I checked even gMail and Hotmail/Live - they are all working fine ..... :blink::unsure:

Looks like it got resolved without any intervention ....

If it crops up, I will intimate you about it.

Still, would like to know how to send any attachment greater than 300KB.

Regards,

Ajay

Hi Ajay S,

Please upload the file to a filehost such as https://disk.yandex.com/ or to http://rghost.net/ and then post the Download link to the file.

Also, you can try a tactic to limit size of Trace files: Start with no trace files extant, then enable traces and then immediately go to reproduce the issue, then disable traces right away, in a timely fashion, to limit size of trace files.

Well, it happens :)

Though we have fixed couple of similar issues with yahoo mail and Anti-Banner recently, possibly they took effect only now on your machine.

I had updated Firefox to v43.0.3 now. :rolleyes: Maybe yes, now something happened and the issues got resolved :cb_punk:

Cheers to all :bravo: