Let Me tell you first "est1895" That you've posted in a wrong forum. Questions related to KTS it has to be sent to (Pure & KTS Sub-Forum)

The file [Vulnerability.txt] it refers to 2-Logs from 2015-10-10 and 1 threat detected, but it doesn't ID the App. Is "Adobe"

but which-1.Adobe air-Adobe flash player.?--Click [Details] on the vulnerability screen to find out.

The fix that it's worked out-For others is Uninstall the Adobe.? that you refer to and Re-run the

vulnerability Scan to verify results. Also it may help you read this similar vulnerable topic:

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=333595 : Bye from Indio

Sorry Indio. I just clicked the support icon and it brought me here. I have tried uninstalling the Adobe Air and then reinstalling it & updating the Shockwave player and Flash Player,

but the shockwave Player still shows up as a vulnerability. And yes I have already read your previous post.

Hi. I uninstalled the Adobe Air, restarted system, then reinstalled the Adobe Air and updated the Shockwave Player as Indio indicated. After the New Vulnerability scan, it shows the Shockwave Player as a vulnerability, but the details are in the picture.

Help please.

Thxs @est1895 for try to fix this problem. The screenshot it doesn't tell us too much info-About the name of the Vulnerability

all what display is [Threats detected 1: Neutralised 0 : No Fixed 0]. In order to locate the vulnerability do the following.

1) Proceed to Uninstall the Adobe Air: >> Kept it uninstalled and >> Re-run the Vulnerability scan..If negative results Update the Adobe Air

to latest version & Run The Scan again. To confirm in which category the [shockwave Vulnerability]. Is shown do this.

2) Open KL-Main page. Click Additional Tools >> Hit Vulnerability Scan >> On the Vulnerable Scan page >> Scrolling down you'll see 2-kind of

vulnerabilities-example [1 Vulnerable Applications] and [2 Vulnerabilities in Operation System]. Usually they appears in red letters.

3) The Shockwave Vulnerability should appear in [Vulnerable Apps]. Can you see it and confirm. If that's the case click the

[1 Vulnerable App]. Will display 2-buttons [Details] and [Exclusions]. But we're interested in what happens

when click on [Details]. Does it take you to a website called "Secure list" or display a [Fix] button.?

4) Also find the vulnerability name & path as example: Adobe Air C:\Program Files\Adobe\Air 13.0\air32.exe

How to find it. Open Kl-Av Main Page >> Additional Tools >> Vulnerability Scan >> Click Detailed reports (Bottom right)

>> Scan the list & find ["Shockwave Vulnerability or could be ID as Adobe air.?"]..If no lucky >> Goto top left of [Detailed Report Scan-screen]

5) Click the tiny black arrow, beside [S c a n ] on the list displayed click on "Detected Objects" Look up again for the vulnerability

"Shockwave" if find it report the info showed- On right hand side it could say: Adobe Air : Detected Objects 1 : Neutralized : 0

and may shows the name of the Threat-Like [Object 10476]. Lets go for with this tasks and report results <Indio>

I have attached the screenshot.

post-115361-1445094718_thumb.jpg

Thxs @est1895 for try to fix this problem. The screenshot it doesn't tell us too much info-About the name of the Vulnerability

all what display is [Threats detected 1: Neutralised 0 : No Fixed 0]. In order to locate the vulnerability do the following.

1) Proceed to Uninstall the Adobe Air: >> Kept it uninstalled and >> Re-run the Vulnerability scan..If negative results Update the Adobe Air

to latest version & Run The Scan again. To confirm in which category the [shockwave Vulnerability]. Is shown do this.

2) Open KL-Main page. Click Additional Tools >> Hit Vulnerability Scan >> On the Vulnerable Scan page >> Scrolling down you'll see 2-kind of

vulnerabilities-example [1 Vulnerable Applications] and [2 Vulnerabilities in Operation System]. Usually they appears in red letters.

3) The Shockwave Vulnerability should appear in [Vulnerable Apps]. Can you see it and confirm. If that's the case click the

[1 Vulnerable App]. Will display 2-buttons [Details] and [Exclusions]. But we're interested in what happens

when click on [Details]. Does it take you to a website called "Secure list" or display a [Fix] button.?

4) Also find the vulnerability name & path as example: Adobe Air C:\Program Files\Adobe\Air 13.0\air32.exe

How to find it. Open Kl-Av Main Page >> Additional Tools >> Vulnerability Scan >> Click Detailed reports (Bottom right)

>> Scan the list & find ["Shockwave Vulnerability or could be ID as Adobe air.?"]..If no lucky >> Goto top left of [Detailed Report Scan-screen]

5) Click the tiny black arrow, beside [S c a n ] on the list displayed click on "Detected Objects" Look up again for the vulnerability

"Shockwave" if find it report the info showed- On right hand side it could say: Adobe Air : Detected Objects 1 : Neutralized : 0

and may shows the name of the Threat-Like [Object 10476]. Lets go for with this tasks and report results <Indio>

I have uninstalled the Adobe Air and ran the Vulnerability Scan and it showed 0 vulnerabilities. Restated system, reinstalled Adobe Air. Ran Vulnerability Scan and Shockwave Player vulnerability shows up again.

Hitting the details button takes me to the Secure List.

I have attached the screenshot of the results after the Vulnerability Scan.

post-115361-1445109145_thumb.jpg

Right it On! est1895: Excellent job we got the information needed. No doubt you are a PC-savvy and reply fast that's great.

Solution 1: In the last post you wrote & quote "Uninstalled Adobe Air and Run the Vulnerability Scan & displayed-0:

Vulnerabilities" Re-started and re-install Adobe.Air the Shockwave appears again,. So is your choice either-Keep

Adobe Air Uninstalled to be free of Vulnerabilities or keep it Installed with the Shockwave.Issue

Solution 2: Using the name of the Vulnerability and the File path provided an expert can offer a fix.

1) Shockwave 19.0 ro - C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Adobe Air\Versions\1.0\Resources\NPSWF32.dll

Thanks for the screenshot on it is included too-The name of the "Detected Object" is called (Object 10680)

You talked before about 1-Vulnerability, but latest Screenshot shows two: Adobe.Air & Shockwave-why.?

To Resolve this issue trough the "Object name" We need help from JanRei or any other MOD-who knows how to search

for the (Object 10680) in the dataBase, find the possible solution and posted on a link for the Op=Original poster.

Normally is Update the browser or program to latest version. Hope they resolve this case soon - C.U-Indio

Hey! est1895 - Could you post the: Wins OS : KL_AV ver. and Default browser in case is needed-Thx

Wins OS: 7 Pro 64-bit

KTS Ver. 16.0.0.614b

Default Browser: MSN

Edited by est1895

Details for vulnerability KLA10680 should be here: https://securelist.social-kaspersky.com/en/advisories/10680/

The issue should be already fixed in the latest versions of Flash Player (see Adobe Security Bulletin). It seems Adobe AIR comes bundled with an older version of Flash Player.

Without your link and thanks for that, how do I get to this list? This is the list that I referred to in my thread entitled "Signing-in to Secure List" but I got no answer about how to access this list. Clicking on the details box underneath the vulnerability takes me and others to the opening page of what seems to be a different Secure List full of news about threats but with no connection to the page that gives information about a specific vulnerability

I should have added that Chrome/Adobe thinks it has solved the problem by installing version 226 but no mention of this is made in the bulletin. It simply says to disable the FlashPlayer. So I wonder has a change to the FlashPlayer solved the issue?

Thanks

mikethebike

Edited by mikethebike

To mikethebiker refer to this topic by est1895-Link: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=334910

and read the post#5 ..You'll find a way to detect the [Object# of your Vulnerabilities]. Provide as well the file name. Also let's us know

which: Win's OP-System : KL_Version : Default browser(s). Once you post this info, we'll help better. Read you soon <Indio>

Thanks for the reply I read the post#5 to which you refer but I found it difficult to follow. What is the KL-AV page, how do I get there and how do I open it so I can proceed to the Details List? I cannot speak for other new users here but in my case I have difficulty finding my way around. What is obvious and familiar to a Moderator or even an experienced forum user is not so obvious to a newcomer.

My Windows Operating System is 7 Home Premium I have KIS 16.0.0.614(B) and the default browser is Google Chrome

Thanks for your continued help

mikethebike

Thanks for the reply I read the post#5 to which you refer but I found it difficult to follow. What is the KL-AV page, how do I get there and how do I open it so I can proceed to the Details List? I cannot speak for other new users here but in my case I have difficulty finding my way around. What is obvious and familiar to a Moderator or even an experienced forum user is not so obvious to a newcomer.

My Windows Operating System is 7 Home Premium I have KIS 16.0.0.614(B) and the default browser is Google Chrome

Thanks for your continued help

mikethebike

Sorry about the smilie face. I have just noticed it on returning to the forum. It comes up as a B when typed but should have been a b and not a face

mikethebike

Edited by mikethebike

ii) As mentioned by Whizard you don't need to Log In the Secure list. Once you provided the really names and files of the vulnerabilites including the <Object# xxxxx> We contact JanRe to provide the link that include the possible solutions.

Ok we're on the Vulnerability page it shows the current vulnerabilites >> On righ hand side click the green link (Detailed report) >> The next screen shows a list of the latest 30-day events registered by KLAV >>Try to find the name-file of the Vunerabilites and Write down its names >> If you don't find them, then in the same Screen on top >> You'll see the word [S C A N ] it has a little vertical black arrow-Clicked and a list of options will appears >>

>> Click the option [Detected objects]. If you've Vulnerabilites will display its information on the righ side like: Detected object 1 : Neutralized 0 : No fixed 0 : Object name-As example <Object 70106> Write down all this information and posted. Hope it works this time <Indio>

Thanks for that. It seems I was doing what you suggest above except that I was clicking on the details box underneath and was being linked to the Secure List site which is not what I need.

Now it seems that in future I need to write down the stated vulnerability and post it on the forum so JanRe can provide the link that provides the possible solutions

Have I got this right and if I have, is anyone trying to restore the link so users can do the job themselves?

In the old days most of my vulnerabilities were caused because I had failed to realise that I needed to update to the latest version such as Quick Time etc

It seems a pity that we are having to make JanRe do work that we, the users, could do for ourselves if we had direct access to the information about the vulnerability solution and posting the vulnerability and waiting for the answer from JanRe causes a delay which might be a day or two in getting a solution which leaves the user vulnerable for that period

Thanks.

mikethebike

No, nothings changed regarding vulnerabilities.

The bottom line is that all you can do if something is detected by the vulnerability scan is to update the latest version/build just like in the "old days". If it's not patched yet and still detected after updating in a subsequent scan....not much else you can do but wait until patched by whichever product manufacturer or uninstall it until patched... so basically stil the same deal.

The bottom line is that all you can do if something is detected by the vulnerability scan is to update the latest version/build just like in the "old days". If it's not patched yet and still detected after updating in a subsequent scan....not much else you can do but wait until patched by whichever product manufacturer or uninstall it until patched... so basically stil the same deal.

So patch C just came out and the Vulnerability is still there. I guess I'll have to wait for the next one.

UPDATE: I happened to uninstall my Kaspersky Total Security 2016 with the one vulnerability showing prior to uninstalling. After re-installing, the vulnerability was gone.

It seems Adobe released a new version in the meantime. And re-installing cleared the information about previously detected vulnerabilities.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.