Sign in to follow this  
tnaugler

offguard.dll

Hi there -

I hope someone can help me out with this issue.

Basically, I installed KAV on a PC with Windows XP Pro running MS Office 97. We now seem to be having problems opening up some Excel files (I can't see a difference between the Excel files we're having problems with and the ones we're OK with).

Anyhow, the error message we get is:

Faulting application excel.exe, version 8.0.1.7410, faulting module offguard.dll, version 5.0.157.0, fault address 0x00007a8f.

I've done some digging and see that offguard.dll is a Kaspersky dll file, so I'm hoping someone could help out here, or at least point me in the right direction.

thanks very much

please tell us the exsact version of kav you are using...

offguard.dll is the office guard module in kav wich is the advance macro protection. you say the dll version is 5.0.157, if this is also the product version then you should first try to upgrade to the latest version.

Thanks for the reply - updating KAV to version 5.0.200 seems to have done the trick.

Thanks again.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.