hunglikethor

Kaspersky for Mac, Firefox and HSTS [moved]

I have seen this issue on the Windows forum and its solution.

I have a Mac. How do I import the certificate? Where is it?

Error received when trying to access HTTPS sites via Firefox:

This site uses HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) to specify that Firefox only connect to it securely. As a result, it is not possible to add an exception for this certificate.

The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate is unknown. The server might not be sending the appropriate intermediate certificates. An additional root certificate may need to be imported. (Error code: sec_error_unknown_issuer)

I have this same problem as well in Firefox 58 and 59  while running Internet Security 18 for Mac. On nearly all websites, either of two related error messages is displayed:

Your connection is not secure
The owner of www.google.com has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website. This site uses HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) to specify that Firefox may only connect to it securely. As a result, it is not possible to add an exception for this certificate.uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate is unknown. The server might not be sending the appropriate intermediate certificates. An additional root certificate may need to be imported.
Error code: SEC_ERROR_UNKNOWN_ISSUER

Secure Connection Failed
An error occurred during a connection to www.amazon.com. You have received an invalid certificate. Please contact the server administrator or email correspondent and give them the following information: Your certificate contains the same serial number as another certificate issued by the certificate authority. Please get a new certificate containing a unique serial number.
Error code: SEC_ERROR_REUSED_ISSUER_AND_SERIAL

It''s now May 2018 and still no fix?

There's a workaround posted in the Windows forum, but have not been able to find the Mac counterpart to those steps.

Anyone with better news?

Open Firefox → Preferences → Privacy and Security → Certificate Manager → Authorities and delete our old "Kaspersky Web Anti-Virus cert. (if find) Click "OK" and close the Firefox. Open the Firefox again, then in these settings of the Firefox click Import button → and find /Library/Caches/com.kaspersky.kav/PersonalCertificates/(fake)Kaspersky Web Anti-Virus Certification Authority.cer     

Add this cert. with all checkboxes. Close the Firefox.

Run the Firefox again and check problem.

Admin, workaround doesn't work if you use a Standard account... About time this bug was fixed.  Seems to be little or no interest in fixing problems for Mac users...

1 час назад, GeoffBur2017 сказал:

Admin, workaround doesn't work if you use a Standard account... About time this bug was fixed.  Seems to be little or no interest in fixing problems for Mac users...

Thanks for info. Do you have same issue with Admin account?

Same issue with admin account.

This problem is from version 16 or early 18 and you guys don't give a fk about this only try this, try that and the problem is still there...almost 10 years in using Kaspersky solution but seems all have an end and a new beginning.

0 fk given for that Mac users. Nice job guys!

Keep up the good work.

В 18.05.2018 в 15:49, Paul.R сказал:

Same problem!

Certificate issues still here.

Hello,

Please send request to Kaspersky Lab Support: https://my.kaspersky.com

POSSIBLE SOLUTION

I had the same issues using Firefox and Tech Support instructed me via email to uninstall KIS from my Mac and to install the specific build kis18.0.2.60.dmg. I was unable to download the installer file from the link provided in the email.

In my frustration and eagerness to resolve my issue, I searched for the file kismac18.0.2.60.dmg. A Google search gave me a result at https://www.kaspersky.co.uk/downloads/thank-you/mac-security-free-trial. After uninstalling any existing copies of KIS and restarting my Mac, I downloaded this version for Mac OS 10 and ran the installer. The installation completed. 

After quitting the installer, I followed the recommendations of KIS and installed the KIS extension to all my browsers including Firefox. Finally, I am able to access websites using Firefox.  I also noted that this version was intended for the UK and did not seem to include the US. So far, it works.

back from the dark side :D

so I uninstall Firefox, remove all files and folder,everything...then I uninstall kaspersky after that I reinstall firefox then Kaspersky 18.0.2.60 and seems that my problems are solved.

with a new solution:

if you are using Firefox(with version 18.2.60 check my post above) and Waterfox:

1. go into browser settings

2.  certificate

3. import from desktop (you can move your Kaspersky certificate on desktop with drag and drop)

4. restart browser

I had this problem on Waterfox , seems to be solved.

Edited by Paul.R

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.