supergian

After KSC 10.2.434 update - KES 10 SP1 does not update via KSC. [Solved] [1257838 ]

Hello, i have just updated KSC to 10.2.434, updated the NA and installed KES 10.2.2.10535 on a client.

The issue is that i can not update virus Data Base via KSC on that client.

The update task for KES 10 SP1 return an error: " the update file are damaged" it is translated from italien.

Also the data base update task for the KSC return an error: "A file needed for updating is missing from the source of updates." it is translated from italian.

I'm not sure but seems that the other version of KES installed (KES 10 MR1, KES 8) are updated normally.

Any idea?

Hello, i have just updated KSC to 10.2.434, updated the NA and installed KES 10.2.2.10535 on a client.

The issue is that i can not update virus Data Base via KSC on that client.

The update task for KES 10 SP1 return an error: " the update file are damaged" it is translated from italien.

Also the data base update task for the KSC return an error: "A file needed for updating is missing from the source of updates." it is translated from italian.

I'm not sure but seems that the other version of KES installed (KES 10 MR1, KES 8) are updated normally.

Any idea?

Hello.

Have you tried clearing the updates repository, downloading them to KSC again and then updating the clients? Please let us know the result.

Thank you.

Hello.

Have you tried clearing the updates repository, downloading them to KSC again and then updating the clients? Please let us know the result.

Thank you.

I don't remember how to clear the repository.

Can you explain me?

Thanks.

Hello.

In the Console of KSC, go to Repositories node, then updates, clear updates.

Thanks.

Hello.

In the Console of KSC, go to Repositories node, then updates, clear updates.

Thanks.

Ok i have deleted the update repository, tomorrow i will see if the update works.

Thanks.

Ok i have deleted the update repository, tomorrow i will see if the update works.

Thanks.

Hi,

We will wait for further updates.

Thank You!

Hi,

We will wait for further updates.

Thank You!

Ok, now it works.

I created the new KES 10 SP1 criteria by copying them from the KES 10 MR1.

Is there a way to show the update animation on KES SP1 tray icon again?

Is there a way to show the data base update date when i point the KES 10 SP1 tray icon with mouse pointer?

Thanks.

Again, i have updated to KSC 10.2.434 in my second seat and i have the same issue but now it persists, also after cleaning the Update Repository.

Error during the download. A file needed for the update is not present in the update source.

What happens if I launch the installer again?

The Wizard offers me a repair install procedure?

Please help me!

post-342508-1441291720_thumb.jpg

Hi,

Unfortunately, there is no way to change settings of tray icon.

BR

Again, i have updated to KSC 10.2.434 in my second seat and i have the same issue but now it persists, also after cleaning the Update Repository.

Error during the download. A file needed for the update is not present in the update source.

Please help me!

Please help me!

Hello,

did you install patches on KSC and agents ?

Thank you.

Hello,

did you install patches on KSC and agents ?

Thank you.

I used the KSC 10.2.434 with patch C integrated for the update.

The Kaspersky software version report shows C in installed patch column.

Please help me!

UpdatesResults.JPG

Please try to remove "Download updates to repository" task and re-create it, then run the updates again and see if the error persists.

Thank you.

Please try to remove "Download updates to repository" task and re-create it, then run the updates again and see if the error persists.

Thank you.

I did it but remain exactly the same issue.

I do not know what it's for, but I've attached the export task file with .KLT extension.

any other ideas?

TaskExport.zip

I did it but remain exactly the same issue.

I do not know what it's for, but I've attached the export task file with .KLT extension.

any other ideas?

TaskExport.zip

Please make sure that KES 10 SP1 plugin is properly installed. Are you able to create and modify policies for SP1 etc?

Thank you.

Please make sure that KES 10 SP1 plugin is properly installed. Are you able to create and modify policies for SP1 etc?

Thank you.

i can see the plug in in the advaced properties of the server but how can I do to see if it is installed correctly?

Yes, i can do everything on the server.

i have unistalled and re-installed the plug in for KES 10 SP1.

Now, i'm trying

Nothing. Download error again.

Edited by Gianluigi

Nothing. Download error again.

Please collect an update task trace (updatelog.zip as in this article), and an export or the client update task results from the Console.

Also, if you use Update Utility to download updates for KES, then use the downloaded files to update your clients once, and then switch back to KSC, does the issue remain?

Thank you.

Please collect an update task trace (updatelog.zip as in this article), and an export or the client update task results from the Console.

Also, if you use Update Utility to download updates for KES, then use the downloaded files to update your clients once, and then switch back to KSC, does the issue remain?

Thank you.

i don't use any update utility.

At the moment to update the client connected to KSC, i have created a KES update task that use internet and exclede the KSC source and it works.

Now i'm going to try to collect an update task trace.

I hope to do it today.

Thank you for the trace. Please attach the Update task results export from one of the SP1 computers as well.

Thank you.

I have not updated any clients yet in that seat. I wanted to wait for the resolution of the problem.

It is a problem? Must i have some KES SP1 to fix it.

Hi,

COuld you please clarify is you update task configured to automatically select products to update?

If yes, please select all products manually, re-download updates to KSC and then update KES once again.

Please inform us about result.

Thank you!

Hi,

COuld you please clarify is you update task configured to automatically select products to update?

If yes, please select all products manually, re-download updates to KSC and then update KES once again.

Please inform us about result.

Thank you!

Yes, the update task is configured to automatically select products to update.

I have selected all the products manually but the task end with a time out error and the folder share\upates is empty.

i have attached the log.

_klakupd.zip

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.