jkfweb

Using MSIExec to add Modules/Features that are missing [Solved]

So I have the MSI Install working for my clients where I can push out the Kaspersky Uninstall/Install with a deployment software we are using internally.

We are currently disabling firewall and mail modules using the setup.ini files so they are not installed, but I was thinking in the future if we wanted to re-enable those features we should be able to run something like:

msiexec /i {7A4192A1-84C4-4E90-A31B-B4847CA8E23A} /qn ADDLOCAL="MailAntiVirusFeature,FirewallFeature" KLPASSWD=pwd /l*v %temp%\Log.txt

Unfortunately I can't get it working, the installer will take awhile and show that it's performing tasks but the features are not installed.

I've attached the log that was generated.

So I have the MSI Install working for my clients where I can push out the Kaspersky Uninstall/Install with a deployment software we are using internally.

We are currently disabling firewall and mail modules using the setup.ini files so they are not installed, but I was thinking in the future if we wanted to re-enable those features we should be able to run something like:

msiexec /i {7A4192A1-84C4-4E90-A31B-B4847CA8E23A} /qn ADDLOCAL="MailAntiVirusFeature,FirewallFeature" KLPASSWD=pwd /l*v %temp%\Log.txt

Unfortunately I can't get it working, the installer will take awhile and show that it's performing tasks but the features are not installed.

Hello.

One of the current KES restrictions is: components cannot be modified while the application settings are password-protected. Password needs to be disabled prior to the installation.

Thank you.

The log file is missing.

Hello.

One of the current KES restrictions is: components cannot be modified while the application settings are password-protected. Password needs to be disabled prior to the installation.

Thank you.

Kirill,

Damn you are right! I uninstall the Network Agent and now all of the components are showing as installed where they weren't before so it was definitely the policy and the restriction you mentioned rather than something I was doing wrong.

Thanks for your feedback, that saved me more time troubleshooting this issue.

Joshua

Kirill,

Damn you are right! I uninstall the Network Agent and now all of the components are showing as installed where they weren't before so it was definitely the policy and the restriction you mentioned rather than something I was doing wrong.

Thanks for your feedback, that saved me more time troubleshooting this issue.

Joshua

Thank you for your feedback!

Please take a moment to rate this topic.