shutton

Computers locking up [In progress] [1247849]

Hi, I have an odd issue with a few of my computers. Randomly throughout the day some of the computers will just lock up click on Start menu and after about 30 seconds it opens, click off onto the desktop and again it takes about 30 seconds for the Start menu to close but you are left with a white box where it was. As soon as you pause Kaspersky everything starts responding again. if you resume Kaspersky it will work fine until a random time later that day when the same thing happens.

It doesn't happen at a set time, any scheduled tasks do not happen at the time the lock up happens. It only affects maybe 7 or 8 of the computers all are running Windows 7 X64 fully patched etc. most of the computers it happens to are laptops but 1 of them is a desktop. all have a minimum 8GB RAM plenty of free space on HDD. 1 of the laptops has been rebuilt/reimaged but the issue still happens.

KES 10.2.2.10535

Agent 10.2.434

Any help would be great.

Hi, I have an odd issue with a few of my computers. Randomly throughout the day some of the computers will just lock up click on Start menu and after about 30 seconds it opens, click off onto the desktop and again it takes about 30 seconds for the Start menu to close but you are left with a white box where it was. As soon as you pause Kaspersky everything starts responding again. if you resume Kaspersky it will work fine until a random time later that day when the same thing happens.

It doesn't happen at a set time, any scheduled tasks do not happen at the time the lock up happens. It only affects maybe 7 or 8 of the computers all are running Windows 7 X64 fully patched etc. most of the computers it happens to are laptops but 1 of them is a desktop. all have a minimum 8GB RAM plenty of free space on HDD. 1 of the laptops has been rebuilt/reimaged but the issue still happens.

KES 10.2.2.10535

Agent 10.2.434

Any help would be great.

Hello,

please attach GSI report utility from one problem host.

Did you install patch MR1 on one problem host - KES 10.2.2.10535(MR1) ?

Thank you.

Hello,

please attach GSI report utility from one problem host.

Did you install patch MR1 on one problem host - KES 10.2.2.10535(MR1) ?

Thank you.

Hi and thanks,

I'll run the GSI report utility on a users laptop and let you know, and yes the mr1 update has been installed.

Edited by Simon Hutton

Hi and thanks,

I'll run the GSI report utility on a users laptop and let you know, and yes the mr1 update has been installed.

Please try to disable KES components one-by-one to recognize a problem item.

Thank you.

Please try to disable KES components one-by-one to recognize a problem item.

Thank you.

I have run the GSI Report and attached it to incident 4917537.

Some of the computers that are having the issue are already running with a few elements disabled. The only elements enabled are File Anti-Virus, Firewall and System Watcher. the other elements are disabled for some of our users as with them on they are not able to communicate with the robots they are programming.

I have run the GSI Report and attached it to incident 4917537.

Some of the computers that are having the issue are already running with a few elements disabled. The only elements enabled are File Anti-Virus, Firewall and System Watcher. the other elements are disabled for some of our users as with them on they are not able to communicate with the robots they are programming.

I mean to disable every single component that to recognize problem component.

Please try it.

Thank you.

I mean to disable every single component that to recognize problem component.

Please try it.

Thank you.

For this particular issue i can confirm that disabling the File Anti-Virus component the computers start responding again.

Hi,

Could you kindly clarify what happens at that moment with CPU, Memory and Disk? How much they are loaded?

also, could you provide us policy you are using?

BR

Hi,

Could you kindly clarify what happens at that moment with CPU, Memory and Disk? How much they are loaded?

also, could you provide us policy you are using?

BR

Hi,

On the affected computers CPU, RAM and Disk usage are all within normal operating range. No spikes in any of them when the issue occurs. Policy export attached

ATG_Policy.zip

For this particular issue i can confirm that disabling the File Anti-Virus component the computers start responding again.

Hi,

Do you have any local or group tasks running on these machines at the issue reproduction? Do I understand correctly that the machines are performing slowly all the time without any particular periods?

Thank You!

Hi,

Do you have any local or group tasks running on these machines at the issue reproduction? Do I understand correctly that the machines are performing slowly all the time without any particular periods?

Thank You!

The only tasks that run are the Update task, a critical areas scan and a full scan. the critical areas scan scans at 12 Noon daily and the full scan runs at 18:00 on a Wednesday or something like that. the machines are not running slow all the time, a user can be using them fine and then it'll just lock up and become unusable until we disable Kaspersky then it starts running again how it should. There is no set time of the day or length of use time when the issue occurs.

The only tasks that run are the Update task, a critical areas scan and a full scan. the critical areas scan scans at 12 Noon daily and the full scan runs at 18:00 on a Wednesday or something like that. the machines are not running slow all the time, a user can be using them fine and then it'll just lock up and become unusable until we disable Kaspersky then it starts running again how it should. There is no set time of the day or length of use time when the issue occurs.

Does it mean that once you turn file antivirus protection component off and then re-enable it the slowness does not occur straight away?

Thank You!

Hello,

I would just like to say that I am having the exact same issue that Simon is having. Only the machines that have been updated to 10.2.2.10535 (mr1) seem to be affected, and the slowness occurs at random times but then will stop after a while. Everything else is just as Simon says (no pun intended :) )

Hello,

I would just like to say that I am having the exact same issue that Simon is having. Only the machines that have been updated to 10.2.2.10535 (mr1) seem to be affected, and the slowness occurs at random times but then will stop after a while. Everything else is just as Simon says (no pun intended :) )

Hi,

What about the question asked, what result do you get?

Thank You!

After re-enabling the component, sometimes the slowness will start right away, but other times it will be fine for a while before it slows down. It just seems to happen at very random times, and for varying lengths of time.

Hello,

you got a reply in CA.

Thank you.

After re-enabling the component, sometimes the slowness will start right away, but other times it will be fine for a while before it slows down. It just seems to happen at very random times, and for varying lengths of time.

I have exactly this. the slowness always comes back but not straight away.

Hello,

you got a reply in CA.

Thank you.

Yeah saying "I have analysed the Get System Info report and discovered you have the Windows Firewall Configuration Provider software install which I believe may be the cause of the issue. Please remove this software and test to see if thei issue is resolved." This i believe is the windows inbuilt firewall which is disabled on all our computers. If anyone can tell me how to remove the software then i'll give that a try!

Yeah saying "I have analysed the Get System Info report and discovered you have the Windows Firewall Configuration Provider software install which I believe may be the cause of the issue. Please remove this software and test to see if thei issue is resolved." This i believe is the windows inbuilt firewall which is disabled on all our computers. If anyone can tell me how to remove the software then i'll give that a try!

Hello,

make sure that the Windows Firewall service is running, but control of all three types of networks is disabled in the Firewall properties.

Make sure that Windows Firewall is also disabled in the AD GP. Open the rsop.msc snap-in and check parameters in the Computer Configuration\Administrative templates\Network\Network Connections\Windows Firewall\Domain Profile node.

Thank you.

Hello,

make sure that the Windows Firewall service is running, but control of all three types of networks is disabled in the Firewall properties.

Make sure that Windows Firewall is also disabled in the AD GP. Open the rsop.msc snap-in and check parameters in the Computer Configuration\Administrative templates\Network\Network Connections\Windows Firewall\Domain Profile node.

Thank you.

I can confirm that this is disabled via AD GP

I can confirm that this is disabled via AD GP

Hello,

it's necessary an additional information for bug submission:

1. GSI report was attached yet.

2. KES traces, collected during the issue reproduction.

Thank you.

Hi,

Any news on this? We have the same issues.

Hello,

if you have the same problem as the topic starter, then collect the abovementioned information.

Thank you.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.