Tyrosmick

version 8.0.2.287

Version 8.0.2.282 functioned well for me with no issues of concern. Just upgraded to version 8.0.2.287 and some passwords no longer work correctly. I have been locked out of several financial sites as a result of incorrect information being entered in the sites password field despite the correct password being held in Password Manager!

How's going "Tyrosmick" Well! I didn't know a New KPM-Version (8.0.2.287) was available. The question is if is Safety or Not to installed 'cause it hasn't been officially posted by Danila Tyurin yet. Anyway is useful to hear reports about its performance. Supposedly this New edition, will fix all the bugs on ver. 8.0.2.282. Specifically the impairment to open bank accts, for certain percentage of users.

In your case you've two options. 1) Return to older ver. 8.0.2.282..Since it works Ok for you or.. 2) Uninstall & Re-install the KPManager. Use REVO Free ver. Uninstaller to remove all the leftovers. If once installed again the malfunction continuous, delete the bank accts & Re-enter the data (URL-Username-Password). Try to open them and report results. Stay Tuned! <Indio>

Sorry, typo error on my part! The version I now have is version 8.0.3.287 and was auto downloaded from Kaspersky by auto update facility.

Hi,

I too have just had the new version of PWM, 8.0.3.287 installed by the auto update. Immediately afterwards, I went onto the BBC news site in Firefox and PWM crashed and hung up the browser (an error message indicated PWM was busy and offered the option of waiting or stopping PWM). Closed down browser and tried again. Went to same page - same result. Clearly not just a 1-off glitch. It seems PWM is not right yet. More work needed, I think.

I think I'll have to revert to the previous version, as suggested by Indio. It was far from perfect but at least it didn't crash my browser.

(Firefox 39.0, Windows 7 Ultimate, problem with URL http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-33739851)

Hi,

I too have just had the new version of PWM, 8.0.3.287 installed by the auto update. Immediately afterwards, I went onto the BBC news site in Firefox and PWM crashed and hung up the browser (an error message indicated PWM was busy and offered the option of waiting or stopping PWM). Closed down browser and tried again. Went to same page - same result. Clearly not just a 1-off glitch. It seems PWM is not right yet. More work needed, I think.

I think I'll have to revert to the previous version, as suggested by Indio. It was far from perfect but at least it didn't crash my browser.

(Firefox 39.0, Windows 7 Ultimate, problem with URL http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-33739851)

Update: After posting the above, thought I'd check if a reboot made any difference. I rebooted and tried again. The problem reported above appears to have gone away. I was able to go to the 'problem' URL several times without difficulty. I navigated to other pages and sites without problem and succeeded in logging into a few accounts without problem.

So, after my reboot, I'm a bit more optimistic. The conclusion from this experience would seem to be - after you install the new version of PWM, reboot before trying to use it. I'll continue with this version and see how things go.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.