Well, you should part with your comprehensive junkware collection.

Please uninstall AnyProtect => BlockAndSurf => Free Download Manager 3 => istartsurf and webssearches > reboot.

Please clear the contents of your Temp folder, instructions: http://support.kaspersky.com/1161 and then reboot.

Please clear content of the Temp folder located at: C:\Windows\Temp\ and then reboot.

After that, How do you connect to the internet? Is your internet connection ok?

Reboot, then check system date/time correct, then Settings > Additional > Network > Proxy server > select Do Not use proxy server.

Are you on battery or main power? Settings > Performance > Uncheck Battery Saving.

If your license is a managed subscription, please click Manage Subscription, located at lower right of the main Kaspersky window,

then click the "Update subscription status" button. Then start an Update.

If still no go, attach the Detailed update report.

Main Kaspersky window, lower right, Show additional tools > right side, click Reports > upper right > Detailed reports, upper left > dropdown > Update,

select the current entry > right-middle > click Details > Save icon at upper right >

Save, name the file and save it somewhere and attach it to your next post.

If the file is too large to upload, then zip it (right click, send to > compressed zipped folder) and upload the zip.

Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the fifth (5th) Important topic.

memo: clean install current build after the junk collection is gone.

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.

Well, you should part with your comprehensive junkware collection.

Please uninstall AnyProtect => BlockAndSurf => Free Download Manager 3 => istartsurf and webssearches > reboot.

Please clear the contents of your Temp folder, instructions: http://support.kaspersky.com/1161 and then reboot.

Please clear content of the Temp folder located at: C:\Windows\Temp\ and then reboot.

After that, How do you connect to the internet? Is your internet connection ok?

Reboot, then check system date/time correct, then Settings > Additional > Network > Proxy server > select Do Not use proxy server.

Are you on battery or main power? Settings > Performance > Uncheck Battery Saving.

If your license is a managed subscription, please click Manage Subscription, located at lower right of the main Kaspersky window,

then click the "Update subscription status" button. Then start an Update.

If still no go, attach the Detailed update report.

Main Kaspersky window, lower right, Show additional tools > right side, click Reports > upper right > Detailed reports, upper left > dropdown > Update,

select the current entry > right-middle > click Details > Save icon at upper right >

Save, name the file and save it somewhere and attach it to your next post.

If the file is too large to upload, then zip it (right click, send to > compressed zipped folder) and upload the zip.

Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the fifth (5th) Important topic.

memo: clean install current build after the junk collection is gone.

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.

Junkware should be gone now

Both Temp folder cleared

I don't think it's my Internets fault, i have 10 mbits downloadrate and a average ping of 80, i have tried to use the other Networks, but still the same result

date/time checked, both are ok, proxy is off

performance is set to highest

I couldn't find the "Update subscription status" option, but my license seems to be alright

Hope i uploaded the right details

Isn't this the link i already posted?

Edit:

Still no update in sight

Neues_Textdokument.txt

Edited by Awlex

Hi,

Several questions:

(1) Since you have already removed the ad- or junkware: there are log files about the discovery and removal of junkware? Please publish this logfiles here.

(2) An error in the resolution of the network name is indicated as the cause of the failed update. Please check whether the router is used in a DNS server of your ISP, or whether there is a deviating DNS server is registered. Which?

(3) Except the faulty update for KAV are other network or Internet connections without any problems? From the GSI log shows that at times some of the needed services in this regard were not started.

(4) From the GSI log includes additional releases from the source ESENT who call a possible hardware failure as the cause of their message arise. If this is possible, then connect the computer temporarily and test purposes not via WiFi, but via wired network to eliminate possible errors in the NIC.

(5) Make all operations carried out with CCleaner on your system changes reversed and uninstall the program temporarily. Reboot the system (in which activated at W8.1 quick start mode causes the Power-Off-On cycle not a complete reboot).

Bye.

KM

In addition to the questions that KleinerMuck asks in the post above this post, and also quoted below:

Hi,

Several questions:

(1) Since you have already removed the ad- or junkware: there are log files about the discovery and removal of junkware? Please publish this logfiles here.

(2) An error in the resolution of the network name is indicated as the cause of the failed update. Please check whether the router is used in a DNS server of your ISP, or whether there is a deviating DNS server is registered. Which?

(3) Except the faulty update for KAV are other network or Internet connections without any problems? From the GSI log shows that at times some of the needed services in this regard were not started.

(4) From the GSI log includes additional releases from the source ESENT who call a possible hardware failure as the cause of their message arise. If this is possible, then connect the computer temporarily and test purposes not via WiFi, but via wired network to eliminate possible errors in the NIC.

(5) Make all operations carried out with CCleaner on your system changes reversed and uninstall the program temporarily. Reboot the system (in which activated at W8.1 quick start mode causes the Power-Off-On cycle not a complete reboot).

Bye.

KM

Also, please download AdwCleaner (by Xplode) and save it on your Desktop.

Right click the file that you saved and Run as administrator, press the Scan button and wait for the scan to complete.

When the scan is complete, the report will be saved in the following location: C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[R0].Txt

Please attach AdwCleaner[R0].Txt to your next post.

In addition to the questions that KleinerMuck asks in the post above this post, and also quoted below:

Also, please download AdwCleaner (by Xplode) and save it on your Desktop.

Right click the file that you saved and Run as administrator, press the Scan button and wait for the scan to complete.

When the scan is complete, the report will be saved in the following location: C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[R0].Txt

Please attach AdwCleaner[R0].Txt to your next post.

Seems, like you were right.

Edit:

Thank you, this has finally done it and i can update again. The last update seemed to be in april :ai:

AdwCleaner_R0_.txt

AdwCleaner_R0_.txt

Edited by Awlex

You do not need to uninstall Firefox.

Instead, close all browsers, then re-run AdwCleaner by right click > Run as administrator, check all detected, then click Clean and wait until removal is complete > reboot.

The report will be saved in the following location: C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[s0].Txt.

Attach the report to your next post.

Scan with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Free: http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/ Update it first, scan and attach its detection log, but Please Don't remove anything yet, until the log is reviewed.

Thank you, this has finally done it and i can update again.

Can you please tell what constituted the cause of the fault and what course of action solved the problem?

Bye.

KM

Can you please tell what constituted the cause of the fault and what course of action solved the problem?

Bye.

KM

The Solution was let the program richbuff suggested scan and delete the adware. I can't say for sure what exactly triggered this, but after reading the file, i think my Firefox got infected from a couple of adwares

Edited by Awlex

You do not need to uninstall Firefox.

Instead, close all browsers, then re-run AdwCleaner by right click > Run as administrator, check all detected, then click Clean and wait until removal is complete > reboot.

The report will be saved in the following location: C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[s0].Txt.

Attach the report to your next post.

Scan with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Free: http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/ Update it first, scan and attach its detection log, but Please Don't remove anything yet, until the log is reviewed.

I'm sorry, I already triggered the delete

Edited by richbuff
You're welcome; I am glad that this is resolved. This is closed as resolved; please post anew if need be. :)