Sign in to follow this  
JohnDW

using remote push on win98

I have problem installing kav5.0.200, get error, please see attached screenshot.

Anyway, installed it by hand, but admin kit tells that there is no antivirus installed on computer and I can't see tasks etc.

post-2678-1121541707.jpg

if you want the workstation to communicate with the adminkit , you have to install the network agent.

For your case , you cant push install kav workstation or network agent on win98/ME. Push install only works for winXP/2K.

If you want to push install on win98, you gonna have to install network agent manually on that workstation and then push install kav workstation ( this is coz now the network agent will do the push install)

if you want the workstation to communicate with the adminkit , you have to install the network agent.

Of corse I installed agent there. How then othervise it would be possible to communicate with admin kit? As I understand, the network agent is that who gives me that error msg.

mess. mess. mess. HELP ME KL SUPPORT PLEASE!

I do not think you will have any luck using remote deployment with Win98 machines, you will have to locally install both the net agent and the av software. What happens when you run on the Admin Kit machine the command \\host_name\ADMIN$ (from Start-Run) ????

Mike

I do not think you will have any luck using remote deployment with Win98 machines, you will have to locally install both the net agent and the av software.

Ok, I did so, please look on msg nr2. Why net agent tells me that i haveen't installed antivirus? Where could be the problem?

What happens when you run on the Admin Kit machine the command \\host_name\ADMIN$ (from Start-Run) ????

The network name could not be found.

OK. PROBLEM SOLVED.

problem solved. thanks to antivirus.lv KAV distributor.

Problem was because of there was specified wrong adminkit server,

tb netbios name not ip adress.

I couldn't get it because there was `last visible` variable which wasn't empty.

and push install excally works on win98 too.