SAJFLAD

Assume URL advisor non functional in Chrome?

Hi

Using Kis15...361 ( c ) URL advisor works using Vista/IE9 but not in Chrome (everything updated). Reading a few past posts, are we to assume that the advisor just won't work in Chrome, and we have to wait for kis16 to come out to use advisor in Chrome?

Thanks

Edited by totallybaffled

Based on my personal experience, the URL icon is sporadic at best showing up on occasion but most often nonexistent in Chrome. However, using Internet Explorer 11 it works every time.

Supposedly, it will be fixed in upcoming versions.

Edited by Allsop

Hi

Thanks for your replies.

I've had the kasp extension active in chrome ever since installing chrome, and the kis URL advisor has rarely worked in chrome but nearly always worked in IE9. Let's hope that kaspersky can get the advisor to work properly in chrome, arguably a popular, widely used browser.

thanks

I was planning to post a question about not being able to activate URL advisor in KAV latest version in Chrome which is my predominant browser that I use. Had uninstall another antivirus security suite which had default website safety / reputation checks done and noticed that this missing this with KAV with Chrome.

However, came across a really helpful post "KAV URL Advisor - Where is it?" and followed the expert advice within that post and this helped me activate URL advisor in Chrome. Don't know if it will work for you but worked for me...

Essentially under settings > protection > web anti-virus > advanced settings > URL advisor (make sure box ticked & also on all websites) > configure Kaspersky URL advisor & make sure check all URL box is ticked!

For me, it was ticking the box for check all URLs in the final step that made the difference!

Good luck & my thanks to those experts who helped! :)

I was planning to post a question about not being able to activate URL advisor in KAV latest version in Chrome which is my predominant browser that I use. Had uninstall another antivirus security suite which had default website safety / reputation checks done and noticed that this missing this with KAV with Chrome.

However, came across a really helpful post "KAV URL Advisor - Where is it?" and followed the expert advice within that post and this helped me activate URL advisor in Chrome. Don't know if it will work for you but worked for me...

Essentially under settings > protection > web anti-virus > advanced settings > URL advisor (make sure box ticked & also on all websites) > configure Kaspersky URL advisor & make sure check all URL box is ticked!

For me, it was ticking the box for check all URLs in the final step that made the difference!

Good luck & my thanks to those experts who helped! :)

Hi

thanks for your reply. I have had the box checked to check all URL's all the time I've been using KIS but unfortunately it makes no difference. Let's hope it works properly in kis16.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.