SOEKASP

Remote Install IE11 with Prerequisites [In progress]

Hi!

I would like to install IE11 with prereqs remotely.

I tried to create batch file and used the following methods, but none of them worked:

wusa - very slow install and kaspersky report error because of it.

dism - dism not running properly with kaspersky remotely. locally works perfectly.

(I created an "installation package for specified executable file" from the batch)

Could you suggest me a working and tested method for install IE11 with prerequisites with one or two restart?

Thanks,

Thomas

Hi!

I would like to install IE11 with prereqs remotely.

I tried to create batch file and used the following methods, but none of them worked:

wusa - very slow install and kaspersky report error because of it.

dism - dism not running properly with kaspersky remotely. locally works perfectly.

(I created an "installation package for specified executable file" from the batch)

Could you suggest me a working and tested method for install IE11 with prerequisites with one or two restart?

Thanks,

Thomas

Hi,

Please describe the steps you have undertaken in details.

Thank You!

Why not simply try Windows Update/WSUS ?

Our Kaspersky handle the Updates.

What is your suggestion, how should I install IE11 with kaspersky WSUS?

I tried to select the specified updates (prereqs) and create a task to install them, but kaspersky didn't install some of them, but locally i can install these updates.

And how can I install IE11 with Kaspersky WSUS?

Thanks,

T

Hi,

As far as I understood, you are trying to install IE11 with a group task or with a task for computer selection. Is it corrct?

Thank you!

Hi,

As far as I understood, you are trying to install IE11 with a group task or with a task for computer selection. Is it corrct?

Thank you!

Hi!

Yes!

In that case could you please clarify what king of account is specified an that task?

Thank you!

The installation use network agent! Not AD account.

But i tried with domain admin AD account as well.

Could you please provide us with task complition report and with GSI log from one of affected hosts?

Thank you!

Before I create the logs, I have a question.

What is the right scenario, to install Internet explorer 11 with Kaspersky? Use "Install Application task", or use "Kaspersky Patch Management".

Thanks,

Thomas

Hello.

You should use Install Application task.

Thanks.

Thank You!

I think, that WSUS (MS) can install Internet Explorer 11. Why does Kaspersky Patch management can't?

Thank You!

I think, that WSUS (MS) can install Internet Explorer 11. Why does Kaspersky Patch management can't?

And how should i install the prerequisites for IE11? Install Application Task or Patch Management?

Thanks,

T.

Hello.

Sorry, just missed the point. Patch Management can do it.

Thanks.

Hello.

Thanks.

So Can I install IE11+Prereqs with patch management?

Hello.

Thanks.

Please help. How can I install IE11 with Kaspersky Patch management?

Please help. How can I install IE11 with Kaspersky Patch management?

Hi,

Please follow this video course that explains how to use patch management and deploy software updates for your products.

Thank You!

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem, DISM.exe doesn't work under remote packet installation so you can't installa IE11 in the best way possible.

Is there any alternative? using Runasspc doesnt work neither.

Regards

Santana

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem, DISM.exe doesn't work under remote packet installation so you can't installa IE11 in the best way possible.

Is there any alternative? using Runasspc doesnt work neither.

Regards

Santana

Hello.

Dism is an executable that deals with deployment images in order to install OS components, so naturally it is not supposed to work as a simple remote installation package.

If you have System management functionality enabled in KSC, you should be able to update IE using Patch management (see link in the above message for details).

Thank you.

Hello.

Dism is an executable that deals with deployment images in order to install OS components, so naturally it is not supposed to work as a simple remote installation package.

If you have System management functionality enabled in KSC, you should be able to update IE using Patch management (see link in the above message for details).

Thank you.

Thank you for your reply.

I'm having some problems with Patch Management this is way I wanted to use this direct method. Anyway I will do more tests on Patch Management.

Thank you for your support.

Thank you for your reply.

I'm having some problems with Patch Management this is way I wanted to use this direct method. Anyway I will do more tests on Patch Management.

Thank you for your support.

Please let us know if you encounter any other questions on the subject.

Thank you.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.