st1led

"Application X from the Trusted Group is attempting to perform actions with the addres space of Y"

Hello everybody, using Kaspersky Total Security v15.0.2.361(B ) I'm experiencing so many annoying popups related to the firewall functionality (see attachment). Most of the time is this conhost.exe playing with the address space of some process, but also other .exes that Kaspersky seems not to like, i.e., Git, Sublime Text, MikTex, SourceTree, and so on. This also happens when installing programs. It looks like Kaspersky is warning me that something unexpected is happening (which is appreciated), but saving the rule (clicking the checkbox at the bottom) seems to do nothing, and the popups still show up.

I thought that these popups usually come only once for applications that Kaspersky does not recognize, but I am getting them extremely frequently (every ~10 mins) and for things that I'm pretty sure they are not related to virus/trojans/malware/whatsoever malicious artifact. If I go to Settings > Protection > Firewall > Configure application rules I see so much clutter there that I'm wondering if it's needed at all. From my experience, these things happen when security settings are too restrictive, but I didn't find any way to lower them.

Ideas?

edit: (b ) sted cool.gif.

post-397675-1435234707_thumb.png

Edited by richbuff

Did you customize any Firewall or Application rules? Did you upgrade to Kaspersky Total Security on top of PURE that had custom rules?

If not, then please see: Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Virus-related issues > the first (1st) and fifth (5th) Important topics.

There, you will find rules and then you will find instructions for GSI and AVZ logs.

Did you customize any Firewall or Application rules? Did you upgrade to Kaspersky Total Security on top of PURE that had custom rules?

If not, then please see: Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Virus-related issues > the first (1st) and fifth (5th) Important topics.

There, you will find rules and then you will find instructions for GSI and AVZ logs.

Sorry for the late answer. I finally found out that I disabled the option General > Perform recommended actions automatically. Re-enabling it fixed the issue!

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.