Sign in to follow this  
jaksa

Potential problem - KAV for WWorkstations 5.0.712

We have Kaspersky administration server with K.Admin. kit Version: 5.0.1151 (1152 actually, this is a bug I suppose)

We have also a number of desktop workstations with K. Av. for Windows Workstations 5.0.712 and K. Network Agent ver. 5.0.1152 installed, and everything works relatively fine. Installation was performed mostly from Admin. server, but on some workstations installation of AV and Netagent was performed locally, but with redirection to admin. server (during netagent installation). Also, klserver.cer was copied to local ws and used during installation.

On both type of ws, everything is OK.

We have added a number of laptops with locally pre-installed AV 5.0.712 and netagent 5.0.1152, as described above.

I have noticed following behavior:

User with only user rights (not a local administrator) tries to execute "klnagchk' command.

On a desktop, klnagchk works ok, and result with ping count is displayed.

On a laptop, klnagchk is unable to execute, access denied is displayed.

Users with local administrator rights can execute 'klnagchk' with no problems in both cases.

I suppose that this is not a correct behavior, what should I do?

I am thinking to re-install AV and netagent on all laptops, but this time from Admin server?

KAV Admin server also does not see most of added laptops, when i try to find computer either by name or ip-address, laptop is not found.

During search, laptop is connected to LAN and I have reply on ping.

Yes they are.

But Admin server doesn't see most of them when they are on lan.

Hi,

I have noticed following behavior:

User with only user rights (not a local administrator) tries to execute "klnagchk' command.

On a desktop, klnagchk works ok, and result with ping count is displayed.

On a laptop, klnagchk is unable to execute, access denied is displayed.

Users with local administrator rights can execute 'klnagchk' with no problems in both cases.

I suppose that this is not a correct behavior, what should I do?

klnagchk utility must be executed with local administrator rights.

In order to find computers with similar names or computer- clones, use the asterix symbol (*) when giving the computer-name (ex : KL-WEB*).

Regards,

DB

@Tybilly

I have started klnagchk with user account that has no administyrative rights, on a desktop machine. It worked.

@Helmut

Thanks for the link, i have tried klmover -dupfix on a test-laptop who showed typycal symptoms and it works ok.

Performed actions:

Connecting to a remote command console (DameWare NT Utils)

executing klmover -dupfix, generating of new host ID, Operation completed successfully !

Finding a test-laptop in Admin Kit console in existing network structure

Moving a test-laptop into an adequate group and performing instalation of netagent and av from admin. server. Installation finished ok.

Manually starting of antivirus service on test-laptop (netagent service already started)

Everything works fine, status is Warning/Visible, Your computer has not been scanned for a very long time

I suppose that I have to manually execute klmover -dupfix on each cloned workstation? :(

Thanks for your help.

Update:

I've moved all suspicious laptops to an OU, created GPO for startup script to performe klmover command, make it to perform only once.

It works fine. Reinstall of KAV or Netagent is not necessary.

Thanks again.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.