shutton

UltraVNC [In progress] [1169958]

Hi, We use UltraVNC to remote control user computers. I've added the exclusions to allow UltraVNC to control Kaspersky while in a remote session but these didn't allow me to control Kaspersky. The only way I can get control of Kaspersky while on a UltraVNC connection is to disable Self Defense, which i really don't want to do.

Does anyone know of any other way to allow UltraVNC to control Kaspersky on a remote connection?

Hi, We use UltraVNC to remote control user computers. I've added the exclusions to allow UltraVNC to control Kaspersky while in a remote session but these didn't allow me to control Kaspersky. The only way I can get control of Kaspersky while on a UltraVNC connection is to disable Self Defense, which i really don't want to do.

Does anyone know of any other way to allow UltraVNC to control Kaspersky on a remote connection?

See http://support.kaspersky.com/us/7568

Hello.

Please try the solution from the article glabrador refers to, and let us know the results.

If you still get the error, please clarify how you set up the exclusions exactly.

Thank you.

Thanks for the link, i should have mentioned in my original post that i've already done those steps. The only way i can get UltraVNC to have access to Kaspersky is to disable the self defense. this is after performing the steps in the linked article.

Hello.

Please try the solution from the article glabrador refers to, and let us know the results.

If you still get the error, please clarify how you set up the exclusions exactly.

Thank you.

Thanks for the link, i should have mentioned in my original post that i've already done those steps. The only way i can get UltraVNC to have access to Kaspersky is to disable the self defense. this is after performing the steps in the linked article.

When you create a new policy, there's an option to use the standard exclusions for UltraVNC. See attachment. Create a test policy selecting the standard exclusions for UltraVNC and compare it with what you have now.

post-113744-1431525605_thumb.jpg

Hello,

please follow Glabrador's advice.

Thank you.

Comparing the 2 polices (my existing and the new test one using the standard exclusions) they are exactly the same. Both contain the same exclusions in trusted applications etc.

Just waiting on the policy applying to a test machine and will test and get back to you.

When you create a new policy, there's an option to use the standard exclusions for UltraVNC. See attachment. Create a test policy selecting the standard exclusions for UltraVNC and compare it with what you have now.

And sure enough UltraVNC cannot interact with Kaspersky on the remote machine until Self Defense is disabled.

Attached is a screenshot of the option. It is currently not ticked

Hi,

Could you please clarify is this option disabled?

Thank you!

post-515574-1431593590_thumb.png

Comparing the 2 polices (my existing and the new test one using the standard exclusions) they are exactly the same. Both contain the same exclusions in trusted applications etc.

Just waiting on the policy applying to a test machine and will test and get back to you.

Can you please provide the export of your policy here?

Thank you.

Export attached

Thank you.

1. Are you sure the client in question is working under said policy? When you open its interface, is there a policy notification?

2. Is the mirror driver in VNC actually working?

Please collect and provide KES traces from the client computer (VNC server) while connection attempt is made. Also please provide event logs from the same host for the same period.

Thank you!

Attached is a screen shot to confirm that the client in running under the policy and shows that the mirror driver is installed and active.

I've also attached the Kaspersky event logs but not sure how to capture the KES Traces. I enabled System Tracing but not sure what it's done with the traces.

I enabled Self Defence for the connection and was unable to move the mouse over the KES window so unable to control it.

Thank you.

1. Are you sure the client in question is working under said policy? When you open its interface, is there a policy notification?

2. Is the mirror driver in VNC actually working?

Please collect and provide KES traces from the client computer (VNC server) while connection attempt is made. Also please provide event logs from the same host for the same period.

Thank you!

post-515574-1431618292_thumb.png

Kaspesrky.zip

Attached is a screen shot to confirm that the client in running under the policy and shows that the mirror driver is installed and active.

I've also attached the Kaspersky event logs but not sure how to capture the KES Traces. I enabled System Tracing but not sure what it's done with the traces.

I enabled Self Defence for the connection and was unable to move the mouse over the KES window so unable to control it.

Hi,

Regarding KES traces collection generated during the reproduction please have a look at this article.

Thank You!

Ok so i've got the trace logs. the folder is 700+mb, or is there a specific file in there you want?

Hi,

Regarding KES traces collection generated during the reproduction please have a look at this article.

Thank You!

Ok so i've got the trace logs. the folder is 700+mb, or is there a specific file in there you want?

Hello.

We need SRV, GUI, sysinfo and event logs in a zip archive.

Thank you.

Is there an email address i can send the zip file to? as it is still too large for the 300K limit it's 690K . the SRV log alone is 579K compressed. I enabled tracing, connected on UltraVNC tried to access KES with self defense enabled, then disabled self defense while still connected, made sure policy had updated and then again tried to access KES then stopped the trace.

Hopefully this should have captured my full issue.

Hello.

We need SRV, GUI, sysinfo and event logs in a zip archive.

Thank you.

Is there an email address i can send the zip file to? as it is still too large for the 300K limit it's 690K . the SRV log alone is 579K compressed. I enabled tracing, connected on UltraVNC tried to access KES with self defense enabled, then disabled self defense while still connected, made sure policy had updated and then again tried to access KES then stopped the trace.

Hopefully this should have captured my full issue.

Instruction on uploading files has been provided via PM.

Please let us know of the results.

Thank you.

Hi and thanks for the FTP Details. I have now uploaded the zip file.

Instruction on uploading files has been provided via PM.

Please let us know of the results.

Thank you.

Issue 1169958 created.

We will let you know when the developer has any results.

Thank you.

Please try the following:

1. Enable capture alpha-blending on UltraVNC admin properties and restart UltraVNC, then let us know the result

2. Modify <product>\skin\layout\main.ini:

Find the following lines:

[DecorateMenuT]
@    = t(dialog) bg("MenuDashboardBg") sz(a,a) ext(1) at(ontop,noborder,nocaption,noactivate,menulike,layered_notw) transparent_color(255,0,252) ext(1)

and replace them with

[DecorateMenuT]
@    = t(dialog) bg("MenuDashboardBg") sz(a,a) ext(1) at(ontop,noborder,nocaption,noactivate,menulike) transparent_color(255,0,252) ext(1)

and let us know the result

Also, please provide full version number of UltraVNC.

Thank you.

Have you checked for other processes running on the local machine when VNC is running.

Also you have some of your rules unticked, which means they won't work. So just check the ones you need are selected.

Sorry for the late reply. I took a look at the Admin properties in UltraVNC but do not see the Alpha-Blending option so not able to enable that.

I have modified the main.ini as requested but the result is the same, with Self-defence enabled i cannot access the Kaspersky client on the machine when connected via UltraVNC.

The version of UltraVNC i am using is 1.2.0.5

Thanks

Simon

Please try the following:

1. Enable capture alpha-blending on UltraVNC admin properties and restart UltraVNC, then let us know the result

2. Modify <product>\skin\layout\main.ini:

Find the following lines:

[DecorateMenuT]
@    = t(dialog) bg("MenuDashboardBg") sz(a,a) ext(1) at(ontop,noborder,nocaption,noactivate,menulike,layered_notw) transparent_color(255,0,252) ext(1)

and replace them with

[DecorateMenuT]
@    = t(dialog) bg("MenuDashboardBg") sz(a,a) ext(1) at(ontop,noborder,nocaption,noactivate,menulike) transparent_color(255,0,252) ext(1)

and let us know the result

Also, please provide full version number of UltraVNC.

Thank you.

Sorry for the late reply. I took a look at the Admin properties in UltraVNC but do not see the Alpha-Blending option so not able to enable that.

I have modified the main.ini as requested but the result is the same, with Self-defence enabled i cannot access the Kaspersky client on the machine when connected via UltraVNC.

The version of UltraVNC i am using is 1.2.0.5

Thanks

Simon

The updated info was provided to the developer. Please expect further updates in this topic.

Thank you.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.