Dennis@firebridge.com.au

Outlook CPU usage increasing FIX

Hi

I am having this problem as well. I have raised an incident number - below.

INC000004543048

Please advise regarding temoporary solution.

Regards

Dave

Very good and fast response from Kaspersky Labs. Clear and consise instructions on how to install Patch B.

(Most software companies never respond)

The patch is working fine. avp.exe now taking 1% of CPU activity.

Impressed

Dave

Hi there

How do we get this fix? I have serious issue with CPU on both computers.

My request number is INC00004565666

Edited by sepo

Hi there

How do we get this fix? I have serious issue with CPU on both computers.

My request number is INC00004565666

Hi

Have a look at post #4 above then contact Egor quoting your incident number.

Regards

Dave

//edit: fix name to spell correctly. :)

Edited by richbuff

We are deeply sorry for caused inconvenience.

PapaD, Big Zen: I have sent you instructions over PM on how-to get rid of the problem.

Why send solution in a private message ? Why do you not just post the solution on here !!!!

Very good and fast response from Kaspersky Labs. Clear and consise instructions on how to install Patch B.

(Most software companies never respond)

The patch is working fine. avp.exe now taking 1% of CPU activity.

Impressed

Dave

OK Dave - let us all in to the secret ? What did you do to fix the issue ?

OK Dave - let us all in to the secret ? What did you do to fix the issue ?

Hi

Have a look at item #4 in this series of posts. I replied to the post and Kaspersky sent me instructions.

It involves changing the database update source.

However they did say that by now the issue would be fixed by now and the patch no longer required.

Dave

Hi

Have a look at item #4 in this series of posts. I replied to the post and Kaspersky sent me instructions.

It involves changing the database update source.

However they did say that by now the issue would be fixed by now and the patch no longer required.

Dave

Problem seems to have been fixed KIS now working fine. Updates are now back to default setting. avp.exe now not "greabbing" cpu.

All now seems fine.

Dave

It's not fixed for me - the problem has just appeared in the last couple of days on 2 machines.

I've had to turn off email scanning just to be able to use them - not good!!

Can we please have the problem sorted for everybody, either by a formal update release or the relevant info. posted for all to see?!?

What's going on?

This problem is known and will be fixed in upcoming patch B. It should be released in first weeks of May.

Please specify the incident number, so I could advice temporary solution.

Sorry - replied to the wrong post before.

It's not fixed for me - the problem has just appeared in the last couple of days on 2 machines, following a routine automatic update.

I've had to turn off email scanning just to be able to use them - not good!!

I haven't registered an Incident no., because I thought the problem was in hand. It's now June and I can't find a "B" release/patch and yet it seems some people are getting a fix.

What's going on? Why the secrecy?

Edited by stpenn

Welcome. The patch is still Beta. You can receive the patch from Tech Support, or you can wait for the patch to be released, or you can see the Important Guide in the Beta Testing section of the forum, and apply the beta patch.

Hi, I have a similar issue - after a period of inactivity on the PC, OUTLOOK.EXE starts to consume all the CPU. I have re-installed Office 365 to no avail.

I have both add-ins active and Outlook reports that the Anti-Spam add-in "caused Outlook to switch folders slowly".

I have tried disabling either/both add-ins with inconclusive results.

I will do some more testing but please can Kaspersky advise whether my problem will be fixed with the same patch that is currently pending.

Hello,

Patch B should fix high CPU usage issue. Please make sure you have it installed. You can check version number in Support tab.

Patch B should fix high CPU usage issue. Please make sure you have it installed. You can check version number in Support tab.

I read this thread with interest and disappointment. It is now August 10, 2015, and it appears that the problem is still not finally solved.

I have two machines: a tower computer and a notebook computer. Until a few days ago, both were running under Windows 7 Ultimate and had Pure 3.0 installed. On both machines, I have Outlook 2010, which worked very fine so far.

Then, I upgraded the notebook to Windows 10. In this process, Pure 3.0 was automatically uninstalled since it seems to be incompatible with Windows 10. Fortunately, Kaspersky offers a free upgrade to Total Security 2016 for existing users of Pure 3.0. Therefore, I upgraded the notebook to Total Security 2016, after (!) the upgrade to Windows 10. All seems to work fine so far, and Outlook behaves well with normally 0 to 2% of CPU usage when inactive.

Since I plan to upgrade the tower computer to Windows 10 as well, I decided to install Total Security 2016 even before the upgrade to Windows 10. This machine is currently still under Windows 7, and the upgrade to Windows 10 has not been made yet. On this machine, I have now the problem that Outlook 2010 gradually increases the CPU usage, and after a certain time (despite inactivity), it goes up to close to 100%, and the machine becomes unresponsive. Due to the high CPU load, also the CPU temperature goes up to over 50 degrees centigrae (normally below 40 degrees), and the CPU fan goes on high speed.

Based on my experience so far, it seems:

- Pure 3.0 and Windows 7 are compatible.

- Total Security 2016 and Windows 10 are compatible.

- However, Total Security 2016 causes problems with Outlook on Windows 7 machines.

Given this experience, I plan to roll back on the Windows 7 machine to Pure 3.0. I will install Total Security 2016 (again) once I upgraded this machine also to Windows 10. (Meanwhile, I might perhaps try the beta fix before rolling back to Pure 3.0 - just to check whether it works).

I will keep Total Security on the notebook computer, which already has Windows 10 installed.

I hope these findings may help.

UOB

...Based on my experience so far, it seems: ... - However, Total Security 2016 causes problems with Outlook on Windows 7 machines. ...
Welcome. If this issue is not readily resolvable, please contact Tech Support: https://my.kaspersky.com/en/support/helpdesk

Please attach the following items to your Tech Support request:

a. Description of the issue.

b. Screenshot, as needed.

c. GSI

Welcome. If this issue is not readily resolvable, please contact Tech Support: https://my.kaspersky.com/en/support/helpdesk

Please attach the following items to your Tech Support request:

a. Description of the issue.

b. Screenshot, as needed.

c. GSI

Hi Richbuff! Thanks. I digged a bit further and did then the following:

- Kept Total Security installed; all the updates made

- Then, I checked Beta Testing section of this forum. There I found that it might help to set the "Update Source" to a Beta Test server as described there.

- I set the Update Source (under "Update Settings" in Total Security) to the location described in under the above mentioned post location and disabled Kaspersky Lab update servers as the update source.

- Then, I made an update of the databases. Total Security shows now that the databases are up to date.

Now, everything works fine, and Outlook does not show excessive CPU usage anymore.

If you may confirm that the updates from the new update source are equally good, then this might be my solution - at least until I upgrade the tower computer also to Windows 10. Then, I expect the problem to be solved anyhow (like on my notebook computer), and I can switch the update source back to the Kaspersky Lab update servers.

Thanks! UOB.

edit: del link to beta test thread.

Edited by richbuff

Hi Richbuff! Thanks. I digged a bit further and did then the following:

- Kept Total Security installed; all the updates made

- Then, I checked Beta Testing section of this forum. There I found that it might help to set the "Update Source" to a Beta Test server as described there.

- I set the Update Source (under "Update Settings" in Total Security) to the location described in under the above mentioned post location and disabled Kaspersky Lab update servers as the update source.

- Then, I made an update of the databases. Total Security shows now that the databases are up to date.

Now, everything works fine, and Outlook does not show excessive CPU usage anymore.

If you may confirm that the updates from the new update source are equally good, then this might be my solution - at least until I upgrade the tower computer also to Windows 10. Then, I expect the problem to be solved anyhow (like on my notebook computer), and I can switch the update source back to the Kaspersky Lab update servers.

Thanks! UOB.

You're welcome. You switched to a Beta Test update server. This is not recommended, and it is highly unusual, unless you are beta testing, or unless you are instructed by tech support personnel.

Please read the standard caveats in the Important beta testing guide in the beta testing section of this forum, and please contact Tech Support and report your findings.

Regrettably, my happiness was premature. The same problem happened again, also with the "Update Source" changed to the other location. After a while in operation, Outlook's CPU usage goes up close to 100%, leaving almost nothing for other apps, the keyboard and the mouse are frozen almost all the time.

I will now contact Tech Support and send a GSI. I think there is no screenshot needed.

I hope this problem can be solved very fast, since otherwise, I really need to roll back to Pure 3.0.

Thanks! UOB.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.