fleon

Explorer.ese freezes with KES 10 SP1 (10.2.2) on Win 7 [Solved]

Tried re installing NET agent, not helping, removing net agent, still not helping, now i uninstalled Kaspersky and PC works just fine.Disabling individual protection components also doenst help...

Hi,

If I understood you correctly IE does not freeze but works very slow as well as network share access. Do you get a high CPU usage during the issue reproduction? Does it help to disable NDIS filter?

Thank You!

Run as administrator, yes I tried, and its ADMIN account without any limitations.

Hello.

There is an existing issue 1157704 regarding this problem. Developers are currently working to fix it.

As soon as any update becomes available, we will let you know.

Thank you!

Hi,

If I understood you correctly IE does not freeze but works very slow as well as network share access. Do you get a high CPU usage during the issue reproduction? Does it help to disable NDIS filter?

Thank You!

IE works without problems, network share is very slow yes, but thats because of Windows explorer slowness, i didint notice high CPU usage, about NDIS i cant try now as customer is busy with lots of work

For now i removed the computer from Managed computers on Administration server and PC works without problems now, NET Agent and KES are still installed and working, only not managed by server.

IE works without problems, network share is very slow yes, but thats because of Windows explorer slowness, i didint notice high CPU usage, about NDIS i cant try now as customer is busy with lots of work

For now i removed the computer from Managed computers on Administration server and PC works without problems now, NET Agent and KES are still installed and working, only not managed by server.

The issue will be further investigated as stated by Kirill.

Thank You!

Please try to do the following as suggested by developer (remove Explorer plugin):

Delete the following registry key on one of the affected computers:

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Kaspersky Anti-Virus]

Then restart explorer.

Please let us know the results.

Thank you.

Hello,

i've encountered the same problem as discussed here and found the problem in our configuration: UltraVNC 1.x

We've got 2 PC's where KES 10.2.2.10535 (mr1) and NetAgent 10.2.434 Patch C on a KSC 10.2.434 Patch C running von Win7 x64 Pro and Win8.1 x64 Pro, each installed and running UltraVNC 1.2.0.6 x64 without any problem.

Some other PC's on Win7 x64 Pro, KES 10.2.2.10535 (mr1), NetAgent 10.2.434 Patch C and also installed and running UltraVNC 1.2.0.6 x64 encounter a freeze of explorer.exe of about 1:40 minutes when opening the window "notification area icons".

Also i discoverd in the local logs of KES every 5 seconds two messages from program "Windows Explorer" that KES found not-a-virus WinVNC (seen on screenshot).

I tried both x86- and x64-version of UltraVNC - no difference.

When i uninstall UltraVNC, the freeze and the log entries are gone.

I tried deleting the registry key of the ContextMenuHandlers mentioned above - no difference.

With KES 10.2.1.23a and NetAgent 10.1.249c installed the freeze of explorer.exe doesn't appear.

I don't know, why 2 PC's don't encounter the problem, but these are Administrator-PC's with some different software installed.

I hope, this information helps.

Regards

Martin Strasser

post-562505-1437651130_thumb.png

Hello,

i've encountered the same problem as discussed here and found the problem in our configuration: UltraVNC 1.x

We've got 2 PC's where KES 10.2.2.10535 (mr1) and NetAgent 10.2.434 Patch C on a KSC 10.2.434 Patch C running von Win7 x64 Pro and Win8.1 x64 Pro, each installed and running UltraVNC 1.2.0.6 x64 without any problem.

Some other PC's on Win7 x64 Pro, KES 10.2.2.10535 (mr1), NetAgent 10.2.434 Patch C and also installed and running UltraVNC 1.2.0.6 x64 encounter a freeze of explorer.exe of about 1:40 minutes when opening the window "notification area icons".

Also i discoverd in the local logs of KES every 5 seconds two messages from program "Windows Explorer" that KES found not-a-virus WinVNC (seen on screenshot).

I tried both x86- and x64-version of UltraVNC - no difference.

When i uninstall UltraVNC, the freeze and the log entries are gone.

I tried deleting the registry key of the ContextMenuHandlers mentioned above - no difference.

With KES 10.2.1.23a and NetAgent 10.1.249c installed the freeze of explorer.exe doesn't appear.

I don't know, why 2 PC's don't encounter the problem, but these are Administrator-PC's with some different software installed.

I hope, this information helps.

Regards

Martin Strasser

Hello.

Please clarify if you added UltraVNC executables to Trusted, and also if presence of KES affects the issue (unobvious from your description). Does explorer freeze when you connect through it, or just when it is running?

Thank you.

Hello.

Please clarify if you added UltraVNC executables to Trusted, and also if presence of KES affects the issue (unobvious from your description). Does explorer freeze when you connect through it, or just when it is running?

Thank you.

Hello,

explorer did freeze if winvnc.exe service was just running with no connection active.

I had it already added to trusted applications, but now figured out, that the path to the executable was wrong.

Corrected it and the freeze is gone now.

Thank's a lot.

Hi,

Thank you for that info!

Do you think that the problem is solved?

Please evaluate support help by using "Rating" option!

Hello,

yes - my problem with freezing explorer.exe is solved now.

Regards

Hello,

thank you for information.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.