danijel

Update problem after update KSC mp1 to sp1 [In progress]

After updating KSC from mp1 to sp1 (10.2.434) KSC update task finishes with warning.

Event name Completed

Severity: Functional failure

Application: Kaspersky Security Center Administration Server

Version number: 10.2.434

Task name: Update_server

Computer: Administration Server <EUSTAHIJE-PC>

Group: Eustahije

Time: 20. ožujka 2015. 13:21:15

Virtual Server name:

Description: Update task complete. Error verifying downloaded component. Component installation rejected by application

So far I have try this:

1. remove KSC task and create new one with default settings - didn't help

2. restart of computer where KSC is installed - didn't help

3. clear updates repository and update (2x) - didn't help

Any suggestions?

KSC is installed on W7SP1 x64

In network we have mixed versions of KES (8,10, 10mp1, 10sp1)

from log:

Event name Running (37%)

Severity: Info

Time: 20. ožujka 2015. 13:23:38

Virtual Server name:

Description: Error verifying downloaded component. Component installation rejected by application 'HIPS2'

Event name Running (37%)

Virtual Server name:

Description: Component update error 'HIPS2'

Event name Running (40%)

Virtual Server name:

Description: One or more update components missing from update source

After updating KSC from mp1 to sp1 (10.2.434) KSC update task finishes with warning.

Event name Completed

Severity: Functional failure

Time: 20. ožujka 2015. 13:21:15

Virtual Server name:

Description: Update task complete. Error verifying downloaded component. Component installation rejected by application

So far I have try this:

1. remove KSC task and create new one with default settings - didn't help

2. restart of computer where KSC is installed - didn't help

3. clear updates repository and update (2x) - didn't help

Any suggestions?

KSC is installed on W7SP1 x64

In network we have mixed versions of KES (8,10, 10mp1, 10sp1)

from log:

Event name Running (37%)

Virtual Server name:

Description: Error verifying downloaded component. Component installation rejected by application 'HIPS2'

Event name Running (37%)

Virtual Server name:

Description: Component update error 'HIPS2'

Event name Running (40%)

Virtual Server name:

Description: One or more update components missing from update source

Hello.

Please specify, did You update Network Agents on hosts to an actual version same as KSC?

Is this a task for specific computers?

Thank you.

Hello.

Please specify, did You update Network Agents on hosts to an actual version same as KSC?

Is this a task for specific computers?

Thank you.

Hello,

all Network Agents are updated to actual version as KSC except one (computer is not in network at the moment, NA is version 10.1.249 on this one).

This is Administration Server task with default settings (except schedule).

Thank you

Hello,

all Network Agents are updated to actual version as KSC except one (computer is not in network at the moment, NA is version 10.1.249 on this one).

This is Administration Server task with default settings (except schedule).

Thank you

Hello.

Could You please collect trace of Administration Server update task?

Thank You.

Hello

trace can be found here:

compressed

it's too big to be uploaded here :(

Hi,

"After updating KSC from mp1 to sp1 (10.2.434) KSC update task finishes with warning"

Could you please clarify are you having issues with upgrading KSC itself or with downloading updates to administration server repository or updating databases on client machines?

Thank You!

Hi,

"After updating KSC from mp1 to sp1 (10.2.434) KSC update task finishes with warning"

Could you please clarify are you having issues with upgrading KSC itself or with downloading updates to administration server repository or updating databases on client machines?

Thank You!

Hi,

I have issue with downloading updates to administration server repository.

Hi,

I have issue with downloading updates to administration server repository.

Thank You for clarification. I see the same error in the log provided:

"20.03.2015 19:08:33.647 00001524.000017FC L1 KLUT: Info: Fri Mar 20 19:08:33 2015 Update task complete. Error verifying downloaded component. Component installation rejected by application"

Please submit a ticket for deeper analysis and let us know its number.

Thank You!

Thank You for clarification. I see the same error in the log provided:

"20.03.2015 19:08:33.647 00001524.000017FC L1 KLUT: Info: Fri Mar 20 19:08:33 2015 Update task complete. Error verifying downloaded component. Component installation rejected by application"

Please submit a ticket for deeper analysis and let us know its number.

Thank You!

Hello,

I have made incident in CSS and escalate it to partner support. INC000004299388

Thank You!

It seems like that I have found solution :)

At one moment I started to suspect in KES as source of problems for KSC admin task because even Kaspersky Updater utility was unable to download all updates on same computer.

After I have manually exited KES (10.2.2.10535), KSC server task for update completed with status OK.

After that, running KES does not interfere any more with KSC admin task for downloading updates to administration server repository.

At one moment I started to suspect in KES as source of problems for KSC admin task because even Kaspersky Updater utility was unable to download all updates on same computer.

After I have manually exited KES (10.2.2.10535), KSC server task for update completed with status OK.

After that, running KES does not interfere any more with KSC admin task for downloading updates to administration server repository.

Hello.

Thank You for the information provided.

Thank you!! That Solved the Issue!!!

I had the same issue but now it is solved by following what you said.

It seems like my solution is not permanent :(.

After one and half day updating has again started to produce same error. This time I have tried only to pause KES protection, but update task failed again. Exiting KES helped and KSC update task finished OK, but I don't know how long will be OK.

Any idea how to permanently fix this?

It seems like my solution is not permanent :(.

After one and half day updating has again started to produce same error. This time I have tried only to pause KES protection, but update task failed again. Exiting KES helped and KSC update task finished OK, but I don't know how long will be OK.

Any idea how to permanently fix this?

Hello,

if I'm not mistaken Your incident was closed in CA and You got the solution. Am I correct ?

Thank You.

Hello,

if I'm not mistaken Your incident was closed in CA and You got the solution. Am I correct ?

Thank You.

Yes, I have closed incident when several consecutive updates tasks finished with normal status (24-36hours). I was not expecting return of problems :(. Today I didn't have time to investigate, so I closed KES to finish update on KSC. Next time I will play more.

I suspect that problem occurs because I have in my network one computer with KIS and Network Agent and auto select of updates needed. I must test that theory. Any suggestions are very welcome.

Yes, I have closed incident when several consecutive updates tasks finished with normal status (24-36hours). I was not expecting return of problems :(. Today I didn't have time to investigate, so I closed KES to finish update on KSC. Next time I will play more.

I suspect that problem occurs because I have in my network one computer with KIS and Network Agent and auto select of updates needed. I must test that theory. Any suggestions are very welcome.

Hi,

Are you talking about having KIS and Network Agent on the same machine? If yes, is there a reason? By the way, I think it should not affect KSC getting updates to its repository.

Thank You!

Hi,

Are you talking about having KIS and Network Agent on the same machine? If yes, is there a reason? By the way, I think it should not affect KSC getting updates to its repository.

Thank You!

Yes, we have KIS and NA on the same machine :). Reason - NA is installed because it's nice to have HW & SW repository from it. And KIS is here because of some testing and customer support purposes :(

Thank You for reading my posts :)

Yes, we have KIS and NA on the same machine :). Reason - NA is installed because it's nice to have HW & SW repository from it. And KIS is here because of some testing and customer support purposes :(

Thank You for reading my posts :)

Hi,

I will ask to re-open the case. Please tell about the continuing issue in case INC000004299388 for further investigation.

Thank You!

Hi,

Thank You!

i have a same problem, but i dont have any KIS installed and any incompatible application installed. Any solution ?