Sign in to follow this  
Kasper_NYC

Problem after performing the Tool: 'Unused Data Cleaner' [054342Log.iniis Lost]

Hi There,

I have a PC with a great ASUS Sabertooth Z77 that has been working smoothly and fine. No other issues in my PC so far for over a year, I try to keep it clean.

But two days ago I decided to perform the Unused Data Cleaner option / tool of my Kaspersky Pure 3.0 and the following error appears on my screen any time I restart my computer:

c:\Users\Gaspar|AppData\Local\Temp54342Log.iniis Lost (Please, image attached)

Any advice / suggestion?

This is very annoying.

Thanks to everyone!

post-548856-1426470573_thumb.jpg

Welcome. Please clear the contents of your Temp folder, instructions: http://support.kaspersky.com/1161 and then reboot.

You are using an old version of the product. Please install the current KTS 15.0.2.361.

Please use the instructions that pertain to you:

-If you are not using the PURE Password Manager and if you have any issues:

Please clean install KTS 15.0.2.361.

Download KTS 15.0.2.361 from links contained in the first and second Important topics.

After you download KTS 15.0.2.361, right click the red K tray icon > Exit > uninstall PURE 3 > reboot > install KTS 15.0.2.361 > update databases > reboot.

-If you are using the PURE Password Manager, and/or if you do not have any issues:

Please migrate to KTS 15.0.2.361 on top of the old version.

Migration instructions are located in the first and second Important topics.

Update databases > reboot when done.

Any better with the new version?

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.

Hi Richbuff,

Thanks for your answer, but the problem persists. After doing everything you said the problem is still there. I am glad I got the new version. It looks better. I wonder why I did not get any notice from Kaspersky about this new version (I do get those notices about the OS of my phone... ?!).

Kaspersky deleted a file associated with my motherboard that is needed / missing when I reboot my computer.

Thanks again for your help!

Best.

You're welcome. Info about new versions: Please see: http://support.kaspersky.com/us/subscribe/

Temp file that was deleted: Looks like a Run registry item that is not needed anymore. Let's take a look at two basic logs and see if we can find it:

1. Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the fifth (5th) Important topic.

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.

2. Please attach the zipped KL_syscure.zip; instructions, see: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?s=&am...st&p=678334

Found this on web, but its only for Win7:

reason: You probably ran Ccleaner or similar program and deleted the "log file" from your temporary folder, that is in use by a scheduled task.

solution: Open Task Scheduler and expand the "task scheduler library". Open Asus and select the " i-setup" task , delete it, and you are done.

Task Scheduler in Windows 7:

Open Task Scheduler by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, clicking Administrative Tools, and then double-clicking Task Scheduler. (If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.)

In the left menu you will see Task Scheduler (local), click on (it will expand) Task Scheduler Library.

Open (Asus) and select the "i-setup" task, delete it, and you are done.

Thank you Jowi and Richbuff,

The solution gave by Jowi worked perfectly fine.

Thank you very much and have a great night!

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.